Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2009, 9:51 pm

I recently finished Super Mario Galaxy, and when I saw the credits, I was surprised to see that the music for the game had been performed by an actual orchestra, instead of the usual CG music that Nintendo usually does. Which makes me wonder if there are any other Wii games that use orchestral soundtracks, or if they will do this for a Zelda or Metroid game in the near future?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 11:07 am

I assume that some songs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl such as the opening were orchestra.

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2009, 12:03 pm

Doesn't really count as an orchestra, but Madworld practically has it's own theme album with each area getting a unique rap song.

Adds a nice touch to hear music about beating the bloody **** out of punks while you really are beating the bloody **** out of punks.

I believe I am cousin.

Kalikimaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Dec 2009, 9:58 pm

Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb for the XBox used an orchestra for the action bits. And the new Banjo Kazooie game for 360 used a full orchestra (I think a lot of Rareware games do now). - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQlunyPSMuI

I think the Harry Potter and Spider-Man Movie games all do, too. So did Star Fox Assault, but it's WAY too slow.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 10:32 pm

I seem to remember a story a while back on Good Game about the raising importance of music in games, such orchestras are becoming quite common use as it is considered a good way to pass off story. Some are considering the music in games on par to what is done in movies.