Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 10:58 pm

And more from Mass Effect...

If you get Lorak Qu'in to give you the disc from his office, which implicates Administrator Anoleis in massive corruption on Noveria, and then give the disc to his assistant, she will take him into custody. As she drags him past you, on the way out of the office:

ANOLEIS: Shepherd, I demand you place this b**** under arrest!
PARASINI: You have the right to remain silent. I wish to God you'd use it.

As they exit, she tosses over her shoulder, "See you around the Galaxy, Commander. I owe you a beer!"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 11:30 pm

Jetfox wrote:
just about everything alistair of dragon age says, but the ones i like the most are.

My favirout is his response is what Alistair says to Wyne complaining she found his dirty socks in her bedrole. "Alistair: Maybe it likes you? Socks are sneaky like that." Or when he talks to Oghren about how can he be drunk all the time.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 12:42 am

How about this gem from Fallout 3:

"I am Three Dog: Jockey of Discs and Teller of Truths"

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 5:35 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
How about this gem from Fallout 3:

"I am Three Dog: Jockey of Discs and Teller of Truths"

I didn't much like him, but I did like the follow up: "What's a disc? Hell if I know!"

The year is still young.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 5:53 am

Fallout:

Master: The Unity will bring about the master race. Master Master! One able to survive, or even thrive, in the wasteland. As long as there will be differences, we will tear ourselves apart fighting each other. We need one race! Race! Race! One goal! Goal! Goal! One people... to move forward to our destiny. Destiny.

Overseer: There is a bad place where the bad mutants come from. It is bad. Vault is good. Please, go destroy bad place. (This dialogue is only possible if your main character's Intelligence is REALLY LOW)

Vault Dweller: What is the Brotherhood of Steel all about anyway?
Darrel: The Brotherhood is a collective of men and women who have dedicated their lives to the preservation of technology.
Vault Dweller: I've heard that you people sacrifice puppies.
Darrel: Sacrifice puppies! Where the hell did you hear that one? Don't believe everything you hear in the wastes, they're all a bunch of pathetic lunatics.
Vault Dweller: Everyone is a lunatic outside the Brotherhood of Steel?
Darrel: Yes... a... well... a... No. It's just people don't even try to understand what we're all about.
Vault Dweller: Well?... I think you guys might be a little kookie myself.

Set: I am Set. Why do you tread my shadow?
Vault Dweller: I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.

wormsto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2010, 6:38 am

Though our enemies crowd around us, we tread the blessed path! In a moment I will light the rings, and all who believe... shall be saved
prophet of truth, halo 3, the covenant.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 9:15 am

"Don't expect mouth to mouth"- Waluigi, Mario Power Tennis

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 3:32 pm

Gan in Riven, part of the Myst series after you use the trap book a certain time.

"I don't know where you got the brilliant idea to trap yourself but... thank you!"

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2010, 7:25 am

From Planescape: Torment, also describing the central theme behind the game. Such a powerful question.

Quote:
"What can change the nature of a man?"

The "voice" from Portal, which provides the narrative. The ending song is so funny. Makes you feel really guilty about destroying it then goes on gloating about how you really didn't and that it will live on long after your dead.

Also from portal:
Quote:
"The cake is a lie!"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 8:00 am

One I liked was of Andrew Ryan in Bioshock.

Quote:
I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2010, 1:34 pm

In my opinion, Reaver in Fable 2 is a Goldmine of good quotes. I wish I could remember some of them, but sadly I cannot. At one point he blatantly says right in front of you that, while you were gone helping him, he began to wonder whether the Big Bad of the game, Lucien, would be willing to pay a large amount of gold to get you. Turns out, as Reaver says, the Big Bad is willing to and is coming to meet with Reaver very soon. The cruel irony? Lucien, instead of negotiating, betrays Reaver just after you find out Reaver has betrayed you and begins tearing Reaver's City apart just to find you. Reaver finds out at the same time you do, comments on the cruel irony and then helps you escape.

A second example is when you escape the mansion and Reaver states that, now he is no longer under attack, he plans to abandon the player (More accurately, "I'll just be going now..."). Just as he takes a few steps towards the ship, the Big Bad blows it up (in which case, Reaver then replies "...Or not.").

The quotes themselves are much funnier than the storyline, in any case.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 3:15 pm

The classic NES games always had the best quotes.

Although Street Fighter II (for SNES) had some good ones as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DilbertIRL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

The Secret of Monkey Island is a classic game for great quotes. For example:

Guybrush: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Carpenter: A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can’t chuck wood.
Guybrush: But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?
Carpenter: Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?
Guybrush: A woodchuck should chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood.
Carpenter: Oh shut up.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 3:47 pm

SirLogiC wrote:
From Planescape: Torment, also describing the central theme behind the game. Such a powerful question.

Quote:
"What can change the nature of a man?"

This one still haunts me. Just thought of it yesterday, in fact. A powerful quote from a powerful game.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 4:33 pm

Some more quotes from KotOR;

Quote:
[Statement]: Oh yes, my Master had quite the collection of tortured indivduals, who seemed unable to confront their basic personality conficts. Let me cite some specific examples.

[Mockery]: (with an impression of Carth's voice) "Oh Master! I do not trust you! I cannot trust you, or anyone! Ever again!"

[Mockery]: (impression of Bastila's voice] "Oh Master! I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy mugus-covered lips together in the cargohold!"

[Conclusion]: Such human pheromone-driven responses never seize to decrease the charge in my capacitors, and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behaviour core and pull the trigger."

I believe it was cut from the final game, but the audio file is still in the game.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 8:00 pm

Half-Life 2.

Gordon Freeman dies and an NPC says, "Dibs on the suit" - cheeky f****r!!