Would you want a videogame themepark?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 12:16 pm

Imagine specific area like (Island of Adventures) Mushroom Kingdom,Hyrule,Final Fantasy etc. Gamers do Cosplay so they could get PAYED to dress as X character. Can't think of any ride ideas though. :-)

Amadeus
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2010, 12:46 pm

To accomplish something like that would be difficult. The only thing I could think of is most would want to try a real life version of a game. Portal for example, how great would that be! :D

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 1:09 pm

The only company that would be successful with such a venture is Nintendo. These are my reasons why:

1) Sony and Microsoft rely too much on third party software
2) A theme park based on a software house doesn't have the same ring to it (Welcome to Square Enix World)
3) Final Fantasy isn't Walt Disney and people won't travel from all over the world to see Cloud Strife in the same way they would to see Mickey Mouse.

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 2:14 pm

A Nintendo theme park does sound interesting to me. If they built one, I'd go to it.

PikaYoshi
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2010, 7:33 pm

I do wish that Disney theme parks had more Kingdom Hearts stuff.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 8:16 pm

If I recall I think there was one for pokemon in Japan or something. One for Nintendo could be interesting. Things I would like to see is a a ride simular to "Batman Adventure – The Ride", a ride in Movie world (Gold Coast) which doesn't actualy go anywhere but through a front tv and simulate movement through jerking, with theme of Starfox or Metroid. Maybe a ride through the mushroom kingdom, seeing animatronic characters and fire from Bowser.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 8:58 pm

PikaYoshi wrote:

me too.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 9:08 pm

Mega Man Land!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 9:18 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
PikaYoshi wrote:

me too.

Ive heard stories on various anime forums of cosplayers dressing up as Sora, Riku, or Organization members and just strolling through DisneyWorld. I'm pretty sure everyone takes bets on how many peopel recognized them, but I wouldn't know having never been to DisneyWorld since I was three, long before the KH series started.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 1:38 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
tweety_fan wrote:
PikaYoshi wrote:

me too.

Ive heard stories on various anime forums of cosplayers dressing up as Sora, Riku, or Organization members and just strolling through DisneyWorld. I'm pretty sure everyone takes bets on how many peopel recognized them, but I wouldn't know having never been to DisneyWorld since I was three, long before the KH series started.

Here are some videos of four cosplayers from Fighting Dreamers Productions taking a stroll through Disneyland.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2K2ZZ8R3pg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDk81QP3QjU&feature=related[/youtube]

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2010, 1:41 am

Or we could just sit indoors and play the games and not go out and have to interact with the masses of people who would be found at such a local :)

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 3:13 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
tweety_fan wrote:
PikaYoshi wrote:

me too.

Here are some videos of four cosplayers from Fighting Dreamers Productions taking a stroll through Disneyland.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2K2ZZ8R3pg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDk81QP3QjU&feature=related[/youtube]

NICE. That's totally got me psyched for Sage Con this year.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 3:26 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:

Cool. Where's that at? Are you going to cosplay?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 5:52 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:

Cool. Where's that at? Are you going to cosplay?

TBH I really don't know. All I know is that it's near Laramie and that our Anime Club goes to it every year. Not sure of the time and venue or who sponsors it. There's basically two conventions, theres Nan Desu Kan in Denver during the fall and Sage Con during the spring. I'll have to ask the rest of the crew about it once we start going to meetings again.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 1:41 am

I think a Mario themed par would be an actual posiblity. You could have a carosul with the diffrent yoshis instead of horses and it would play the mario theme and other music from the game. Maybe a "tea cups" style ride with mushrooms or something.

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2010, 2:07 am

There is a game system around right now. You enter the layout of a building and sync it with something, I think GPS. Then players wear special goggles. The goggles overlay the real environment with a3D generated environment. So while to other people you look like a loon wearing funky antenna goggles on your head and wearing weird gloves, you are crawling about some dark dungeon or w/e finding the other players to shoot them. Not quite the same as what the OP said however when it gets cheap enough I am sure a shoot em up style game would be awesome, like paint balling but with better graphics and no bruises :P