Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2010, 10:12 pm

What does everyone think of it? I think it's an awesome game. Incredible art and incredible gameplay. I only wish some of the levels were a little longer.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

I only played the demo, but it reminded me a lot of GOW. It's rating in Game Informer was a little disappointing. It only got a 7.

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2010, 10:22 pm

well the combat is a lot like GoW. i donno why but so many people have a problem with that....

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 12:46 am

I do not have the game; however, it is my favorite book of all time. If you have a vivid imagination like I have, this book will give you nightmares! Personally, if I keep going the way that I am at this present course, according to Dante, I will be buried underneath the river Styx, continuously chanting. I believe in God, but not Jesus. And I live in sorrow and anger most of the time; therefore, that would be my punishment. Hopefully, I can change soon for the better. But oops...I drugged this topic to me again. Sorry, reader - please forgive my self consciousness. The game looks awesome!! ! Again, I would highly recommend reading the book; it's about 12th grade reading level, so most of you out there can handle it. John Ciardi's version is the one I have at home; but Longfellow's translation is a little tougher, but more poetic. Have fun playing the game!

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2010, 4:23 am

Well one problem with the game is that it claims Dante's Inferno (1st of the three parts of the Divine Comedy) as its major inspiration. However after briefly looking at the Divine Comedy I can safely say it does not resemble the game God of War in any way.

As a game well, God of War already did it. It offers nothing more than more GoW style gameplay with a different skin. In that regard it doesn't offer anything you couldn't get already. Its like buying a Simpsons chess set when you already have a standard chess set.

Not to say it isn't a fun game, or that it looks crap. Its just "nothing new". Should the Simpsons chess set get rated 10 just because the standard chess set got rated 10?

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 4:29 am

Just wait till the Macbeth game comes out, yes the studio that made this game is actually considering the idea of a macbeth game.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 12:24 pm

addison wrote:
well the combat is a lot like GoW. i donno why but so many people have a problem with that....

I actually consider that a good thing :)
The atmosphere also reminded me of GOW but the story is completely original.

It being so similar to God of War might hold it back. I think a lot of people focus more on comparing it to GOW rather than considering it a unique game. The God of War franchise is a hard name to live up to.

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2010, 10:23 pm

SirLogiC wrote:
Well one problem with the game is that it claims Dante's Inferno (1st of the three parts of the Divine Comedy) as its major inspiration. However after briefly looking at the Divine Comedy I can safely say it does not resemble the game God of War in any way.

As a game well, God of War already did it. It offers nothing more than more GoW style gameplay with a different skin. In that regard it doesn't offer anything you couldn't get already. Its like buying a Simpsons chess set when you already have a standard chess set.

Not to say it isn't a fun game, or that it looks crap. Its just "nothing new". Should the Simpsons chess set get rated 10 just because the standard chess set got rated 10?

lol well it's loosely based on the Divine Comedy poem. And what i mean is the story. The story hardly resembles the divine comedy poem. sure you have the characters but the story only has a few similarities. obviously because in the poem, dante isn't a warrior in the poem, he's a poet for example. but the levels paint the picture of the descriptions of the circles in the poem. i think it's pretty accurate in that sense.

and...yea it's very much like GoW. it's not a bad thing. but yea. gameplay wise, it isn't anything new. except a few things. but some people just can't get enough of that action (me included). so it depends on you preference i guess.