What was the first video game you had?

Page 9 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 5:34 am

First console game: Pitfall for the Atari
First computer game: Wolfenstein 3D

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2010, 10:33 am

I think the first game I ever played was Chips Challenge.

But the first game I ever owned that was tangible was either Spyro, Crash Bandacoot 2, Super mario land, zelda: links awakening, bugs bunny crazy castle, or maybe some Micky Mouse game. I can't remember the specific time lime, but I think it was the Mickey Mouse one (if you don't count sharing with siblings)

Seattle_Chris
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

If it counts, my first owned video game was the table top pacman game. If that doesn't count, then it was Frogger on my Timex Sinclair cassette tape. :)

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2010, 11:40 pm

This was the first game I remembered. It's classic. Of course, for the Atari.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy-IEr0CziM[/youtube]

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 7:43 pm

Pong.

Then Breakout.

Then Pacman and Space Invaders.

Then the 8-bit classics on the Sinclair and Commodore: Galaga, Elite, Jet Set Willy, Donkey Kong, Commando, etc... many many more.

Then the Amiga: Shadow of the Beast, Defender of the Crown, F-18 Interceptor, It Came From the Desert, Grand Prix.

Then came the PC and Prince of Persia! Lots of hours playing Prince of Persia. And MS Flight Simulator.

Then came Windows 95 and around that time I was playing Doom, Duke Nukem, Magic Carpet, original Warcraft. I tried Quake but it didn't appeal to me. Too brown.

Then in late 90s came the first modern 1st person shooters: Quake 2, Half-Life and Unreal. I played the hell out of them.

Oh if some of you have not played the first Unreal, go find a copy and play it. The graphics are passable even today. That game was way ahead of its time and the gameplay was lots of fun. There's a way to hack Unreal and the first Unreal Tournament to play the original Unreal single player game in the Tournament engine with the updated graphics! That ROCKS!

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2010, 10:59 pm

BLK95TA wrote:
The first video game i remember as a kid was on a TI-99 computer my parents had. it was called Hunt the Wumpus

I used to play that game too. My Dad still has the computer.

I have no idea of the brand of the first console we had. It had a slider on it to switch games. Probably around 1979. I used to call it "TV Game" but I don't know what it was really called.

My first hand-held game was Donkey Kong Junior. This was before there were cartridges for hand-held games. It had a single screen.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Sep 2010, 6:30 am

The first video game I played was nethack. Sort of. I mostly just wandered around and died because it's hard to be good at nethack at age 2. Now I'm considerably better. :P

myusername
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Sep 2010, 11:32 am

a zelda game, possibley zelda 2 or alttp, im sure i didint have a clue what i was doing though :P

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 2:08 pm

spiders wrote:
I have no idea of the brand of the first console we had. It had a slider on it to switch games. Probably around 1979. I used to call it "TV Game" but I don't know what it was really called.

One of the many Pong clones?

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2010, 6:12 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
spiders wrote:

One of the many Pong clones?

Yes :)

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 6:54 pm

For PC a Demo of Dukenukem 3D
I was running it on a
Packard Bell
Intel 486 Overdrive
32Mb
Windows 3.1
500MB Hard Drive
2X CD Drive
AdLib ISA Sound

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:01 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis. It was my introduction into the gaming world, and, more importantly...
When I met this guy.

aspiegirl101
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2010, 10:59 am

When I was 5 years old, me and my parents went to a store to get a swing set for me. While I was wandering around, I saw a boy playing with an arcade game. When I asked him if it is OK for me to play it, he said "OK", and thus I played my very first video game ever. I played Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. When my parents found me, they decided to give me the game alongside with the Dreamcast. Now 10 years later, I still have that game in my room and with my old, broken Dreamcast. From that day after I first pick up my very first game, Sonic Adventure will remain in my heart forever, even though they recreated the game for the Gamecube.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 4:20 pm

Pokemon Yellow for the Gameboy in the Christmas of 1999... I will never forget that day... my brother and I could hardly read the words...

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2010, 6:37 pm

On a console: Super Mario 64 in 1998
On a computer: DOS/PC versions of of Asteroids, Battlezone, Centipede and Tempest

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 6:44 pm

Pokemon: Blue.