Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2010, 1:07 am

I plan on playing this again albeit I need to get all the dlc but when that day comes what class should I pick I am never use much magic unless its the elder scrolls even then only supportive and utility magic.I am stuck between the rouge and the warrior.I am thinking of the warrior but I like lock picking and warriors can't pick locks,what should I do.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 2:22 am

I suggest going with a class that will have the most difficulty. Also, set the game difficulty to nightmare. Even if your warrior can't pick locks, your companions can do it. So go with a warrior and get a companion that can lock pick. (If only bioware made another difficulty above nightmare /sigh I would so play that one)

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2010, 2:30 am

Sounds good,now all I have to do now is scrounge up the money for the rest of the dlc.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 7:45 am

setting the difficulty to the highest setting is a must, and if you want to re-play it or get the expansion id strongly suggest getting some 3rd party mods to at least make it a little bit challenging.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2010, 3:40 pm

Sadly I can't use 3rd party mods because I have it on 360 because my rig isn't powerful enough.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:03 am

Well, it depends on how you like to fight. As a rogue, you get a few options as how you want to fight: Ranged or melee. If you plan for ranged, I'd recommend getting the bard and/or hunter class (both makes you an excellent support character). For melee, you have assassin and duelist . . . the main difference here is what do you want to fight with (though bear in mind that you can use any weapon that requires high agility/dex and will do fairly well with either).

As a warrior, your choice is either damage or tank. As the tank (champion/templar), you're going to focus on improving your armor and overall threat (ie, keep all enemy attention on yourself). For damage, that will be the berserker/reaver . . . though you can substitute one of them for templar if you want a mage killer. Word of warning, as a templar, you can do an AOE that will cancel magic effects . . . even your group's, so be careful.

From there, just keep the talents in mind and make sure that the effects you want will add up to what you need.

nikki191
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2010, 12:48 am

rogue.. you get more game play options. stealth for recon, disarming traps, not to mention its hard to find someone who can stand up to a dual wielding rogue in combat, the character is so fast with striking

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 9:28 am

Mage is superior.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 10:56 am

Mage is pretty good, especially if you become an Arcane warior which alows you to substitute your strength stat with your magic stat, then not only can you do a range of usefull spells from healing to filling the area with lightning to imobolising enemies, but also hit very hard, amd wear use powerfull armour/weapons. And the Arcane warior's magic also include spells that make you very resistant to attacks, even dragons will have a hard time with you. Then just team up with a suportive healer, a skilled rogue and maybe a heavy hitting damage sponge and you have a well balanced team with yourself as the center.