New Trailer for The Force Unleashed 2

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgvzSDcCH4g[/youtube]

Bachand Jar'Kai FTW :3
I'm really digging the backhand Jar'Kai. It's a style they have never shown in Star Wars before and I'm excited to see more of it. Even before I learned of TFU2, I have been trying to learn how to do backhand Jar'kai(I'm a saber choreographer) but it's really difficult compared to one handed backhand(known as Shien) or normal Jar'Kai(which is holding two sabers). It really strains your arms and it's hard to control saber movement.

But enough about that, and back to the trailer. I do not think that the scene shown is part of the game canon. At no part does the cloned Galen Marek(Starkiller) act as Vader's apprentice. He breaks out of the cloning pod and escapes Kamino before Vader can reach him I think. Also, I couldn't help but pointing out how devestating the new force repulse has become. He disintegrates the nearest stormtroopers if you pay attention. I wonder if that can be done in game.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:16 pm

Wonder how the game will actually be. I haven't really been impressed with any star wars games besides the original KOTOR. I didn't even bother playing force unleashed and told my brother that from what I had read that it wasn't that great. Within a week or two his copy was back at gamestop.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:23 pm

Te game itself was sort of buggy and it was short. The story was really great however. I'm hoping they've fixed all of the problems from the first game.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

I agree completely, the story was fairly interesting when I watched him play but the bugs were too much for him. To me gameplay is 90% of a game. You can make a good game without a real story but you can't make a good game without gameplay.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

My theory of the story from looking at the trailer is that Vader obviously lets him get away, I assume that it is a plan to send out a Lightside Jedi Starkiller for the sole purpose of giving proper training for a Darkside Sith version, so that Sidious has a proper apprentice, as Sidious was surprised at how strong he was. This would mean that the final boss would probably be fighting a Darkside version of yourself.

Either way this one of the games I am looking forward to, I hope that it will still alow saber colour and costume, as it is pretty sweet running around with a black saber and Sith robe.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 9:29 pm

The first game had its flaws, but it was still a very entertaining and fun game. The story was awesome. This will be a day 1 purchase for me.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 2:37 am

Bradleigh wrote:
My theory of the story from looking at the trailer is that Vader obviously lets him get away, I assume that it is a plan to send out a Lightside Jedi Starkiller for the sole purpose of giving proper training for a Darkside Sith version, so that Sidious has a proper apprentice, as Sidious was surprised at how strong he was. This would mean that the final boss would probably be fighting a Darkside version of yourself.

Either way this one of the games I am looking forward to, I hope that it will still alow saber colour and costume, as it is pretty sweet running around with a black saber and Sith robe.

They are allowing you to play as Deak Starkiller(Luke's Jedi brother who gets captured by Vader in the 2nd rough draft of Star wars. The art depiction and action figure are incorrectly deemed to depict Luke. I'll find a pic. But he comes with yellow lightsabers, so I assume you can change the color.

The Galen Marek(Starkiller's name. IDK why they never said it in the games, but upon learning of his past in the book, he goes by his true name) clone that escapes Kamino is the most perfect ones. Most of the others go crazy when they are released from the tanks.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 4:03 pm

Wait how is Starkiller related to Luke, his father was the Jedi hideing on Kashyyyk, and Vader raised him as an aprentice and ultimatly not to his knowledge draw out the Empires enemies. But he proved stronger then they thought and was able to beat Vader and almost beat Sidious before being killed. It makes sense that they would want that power and thus clone him (though this brings up questions of why not clone Vader), and it seems unlikely that Vader would just let him escape, that Just does not sound like a Sith, in fact it would not even surprise me if he turns out that he is unkowingly an assassin, programed by the force to change at the right moment.

I just want there to be a juicey twist, maybe something along the lines of like Revan, or something like Kreia pulled.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 6:11 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Wait how is Starkiller related to Luke, his father was the Jedi hideing on Kashyyyk, and Vader raised him as an aprentice and ultimatly not to his knowledge draw out the Empires enemies. But he proved stronger then they thought and was able to beat Vader and almost beat Sidious before being killed. It makes sense that they would want that power and thus clone him (though this brings up questions of why not clone Vader), and it seems unlikely that Vader would just let him escape, that Just does not sound like a Sith, in fact it would not even surprise me if he turns out that he is unkowingly an assassin, programed by the force to change at the right moment.

I just want there to be a juicey twist, maybe something along the lines of like Revan, or something like Kreia pulled.

The Deak Starkiller skin is a costume. Yes, Galen's father, Kento Marek, was killed on Kashyyyk and he was raised by Vader. He would have killed Palpatine had Rahm Kota intervened, similar to how Master Windu almost killed Palpatine until Anakin walked in and dismembered him. I think Kota should have let him kill him, but that could not happen in the canon. Cloning Jedi works, but it can be dangerous business if you don't know how to do it right. Rahm Kota's own apprentice during the Clone Wars was cloned secretly and used to procure two force sensitive clones(see Battlefront Elite Squadron). Darth Maul and another dark Jedi were also cloned, I believe on Spaarti, though I'm not entirely sure.

The reason why cloning Jedi is dangerous business lies in the fact that the Spaarti cloners did a sucky job and also that Kamino rebelled at around 15 years before a New Hope. Thus why most storm troopers weren't clones. Vader had Imperial scientists use the abandoned cloning facilities on Kamino to attempt cloning, but they weren't as skilled as the Kaminoans. When you clone a normal person, it's relatively easy to put them down if they come out all messed up. But a force uder, an insane one, that poses obvious problems as they have no control over their minds and their powers. Someone so powerful as Galen is extremely dangerous. Same goes with Vader. If a cloned Anakin where to be made, Sidious would have to kill Vader and make the effort to reteach the clone which I don't think at that point, the emperor wants to do that, despite Vader's own weakness(he was strong and fast until he was placed in the suit). Each year he(the emperor) gets older and weaker. In five years(Ep 6: ROTJ), he's not even capable of fighting like he used to. And then the clone could come out insane. Again, with that much raw power, a lot of people including the emperor could get killed.

I don't know why Vader never tries to kill Palpatine. I assume when he was first put in the suit, and when Palpatine was younger, he thought it would be impossible. Thus why he trained Galen. But maybe he wanted to assume control of the throne without having to directly murder him. He wants someone else to take the blame, so the Empire wouldn't freak out and crumble. He wanted a Jedi to do it. The Rule of Two dictates that there can be no more than two, master and apprentice. Maybe Vader only wants there to be one, at least until he gets older and needs to pass on his teachings. You said he let Galen go, and I think you are right. Galen's going to eventually remember that he's capable of killing the Emperor, and I think he's going to try to do this again, and Vader knows this.

I don't know if it's capable to program a mind in Star Wars. The clones where not mentally programmed, they followed orders. As Palpatine was the one who gave them permission to do what they were bred for, and unknown to them, was also the one who first planned their births, they serve allegiance to him and the Republic. Some did hesitate because they were either more independent or genuinely cared about their Jedi friends. But they weren't programmed, because that's either impossible or very difficult to do with an organic. By way of the force, it is possible to impress your will open the weak-minded, but Galen is not weak-minded, and the fact that his force-sensitivity protects him.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 11:03 pm

ShenLong wrote:
I don't know if it's capable to program a mind in Star Wars. The clones where not mentally programmed, they followed orders. As Palpatine was the one who gave them permission to do what they were bred for, and unknown to them, was also the one who first planned their births, they serve allegiance to him and the Republic. Some did hesitate because they were either more independent or genuinely cared about their Jedi friends. But they weren't programmed, because that's either impossible or very difficult to do with an organic. By way of the force, it is possible to impress your will open the weak-minded, but Galen is not weak-minded, and the fact that his force-sensitivity protects him.
Revan was to an extent where Jedi turned him to the Light, and he was one of the strongest Sith (pluss his Sith Holocron was one of the reasons to create the Rule of two). Probably unlikely though as it required a full Jedi council, and was more like fake memories, but that could just mean the memories are placed there on purpose.

Also reminds me that haveing more costumes would be fun, for example one of Darth Revan or Anikan would be cool.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 12:24 am

Yes, you are right. The council reprogrammed his memory. But I doubt Vader by himself could do that. He doesn't even know how to do that.