Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 12:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78lum7DJQI[/youtube]

^Mine

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

Harvest Moon is my all time favorite game ! for the super nintendo more so, but n64 version rules

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2011, 2:26 am

MrLoony wrote:
BriannaBee wrote:
How do you go an entire year without having a bazaar? ._.

Quote:
the week without a bazaar

I kind of regret not naming the character "Talon" and the ranch/farm "Lon Lon" this time around. Instead, I went with Lu Xun and Jing (it's a Three Kingdoms reference).

Oh sorry I must've misread it. xP

Plingkoking
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

I only played the one on Gamecube.
Hated it.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

Which one on the Gamecube? I know of three.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2011, 3:23 am

OK, reviving this to say that I have become addicted to RF3. XD I think I might like Rune Factory even more than Harvest Moon. It's like Harvest Moon for the attention deficit. There's always something going on. You level up 15 times a day. Everyone's always saying something new.

The monster-friendship thing seems kind of useless though. I mean, even with the monsters giving you stuff everyday, you earn money so fast in that game it's chump change. And the AI is really too dumb to help out in battle...

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2011, 10:21 pm

o: Oooh, what are the bachelorettes? I like Rune Factory but I find it hard to find items required to level up equipment and level up.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

They're all basically insane. 0-0 No, really, I'm not even kidding. Usually it's just one or two insane people per game, but in this one basically every member of the female population is crazy. Cute, but crazy. Here's a picture of all of them. They're all in bathing suits, but it was one of the few I could find with everybody.

From left to right/top to bottom: Marian, Pia, Sakuya, Shara, Sofia, Raven, Kuruna, Collette, Daria, Evelyn, Carmen, and Karina.

Marian's a witch with a crazy-looking trombone-like thing that she uses to give people shots. Lots and lots of shots. She's obsessed with giving people medicine. Even if they're not sick.

Pia has a "fishy" secret (that isn't really much of a secret) and she's not really all there. She'll ask you which of three fish is the answer to a question, but she won't tell you the question. And regardless which answer you choose, you're wrong because the real answer is Turnip. Hates those who mistreat fish.

Sakuya is in training to run the inn, likes traveling, runs a "souvenir" shop, and is from the "east." Always in debt.

Shara runs the flower shop and is sort of the main female. She rescues you at the beginning.

Sofia is rich and uses opposite speak. So she calls you a detestable oaf and says she hates you often. She also loves garbage.

Raven is quiet. She works in the blacksmith shop and doesn't want you to talk to her. Ever.

Kuruna runs the unvir settlement and hates all humans.

Collette is a little girl who has a huge appetite.

Daria is an artist with an obsession with rainbows. Her catchphrase is RAINBOW!

Evelyn is Sofia's sister and she runs the clothing shop. She makes clothing from fish and vegetables. 0-0 Not a marriage candidate, oddly.

Carmen runs the fish shop with her brother. They're very close. And obsessed with fish. And winning contests.

Karina runs the general store with her mother. Incredibly lazy.

I'm trying to marry Sakuya.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

0u0 Yes they do seem pretty crazy. I looked up a picture of Sofia and she said to the male character that she wanted to throw him out to the monsters. Strangely made me like her a bit more. (And I'm thinking of her "Kismesis. o:") I don't mind craziness so I think I'll get this game. Are you gonna marry anyone?

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

Haha, that's a funny way of thinking about her. Too bad the MC doesn't decide to opposite speak with her. Then they really would be like kismesis...es?

I'd definitely suggest finding a copy of this one if you can. It's been a lot of fun so far. There are "requests" instead of the typical scenes you get in harvest moon, which I kind of like better because I kept missing half the HM scenes without using a guide. On the downside (or possibly the upside, depending on your perspective), I've really been flying through the objectives in this one. I feel like I'm going to be married and have completed everything before the end of the first year! o:

I just got Sakuya up to ten hearts (max in this one) and I think I want to marry her, but I kind of like Pia too. And Sofia. And Carmen. Agh! I wish I could just marry everyone!! ! XD

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

I base the plural of kismesis off of the plural for nemesis. So kismemeses. That would be so cool.

Oh man that's great. My birthday's coming up so I'll ask for it! :D I'll be a playa. Then marry the one I like best. I so far like Sofia best. She's the jerky rich girl, right? After marrying Bianca I got a thing for that. xP Ughhh, I wish I could play now it seems like so much fun. D:

Haha, yeah I sometimes wish that too. Only two/three save slots and so many marriage candidates!

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm

That is a seriously confusing word to look at. @_@ Kind of digging the parallel structure, though, with the meme and the sese backwards. Super cool.

Happy early birthday! : D

She's not really jerky, she just speaks in opposites. So when she says something really mean, she actually means something really nice. It'd be funny if she said some really nice things to you and was all tsundere, but she's just nice. And opposite. She's definitely still fun to talk to though. And adorable!

I know! In this one everyone likes me so much I probably could just use one save slot for my "main" wife and keep reloading the second to marry everyone else!

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

Yeah, the romance words are confusing. I know what they are I just can't spell them.

Thanks! It's actually in August though. ^^' I just say coming up when it becomes summer.

Aw darn. =( -10 points. Out of... I don't know. She still seems cool though. Yeah she is pretty cute. Nearly all of them are. I think I might have a hard time with Sofia cause I can't figure out opposites sometimes. Then it's confusing.

Yeah that's a good idea.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

They conveniently highlight everything in red that's in opposites. But i still get confused sometimes. @_@ Sometimes it seems like she likes something in one word box and hates it in the next. And then sometimes she says stuff straight (without any red text) and I get even more confused because shouldn't she be talking in opposites all of the time? @_@ And then she gets blue text in her red text (blue text for key terms/important information) and it just adds another layer of confusion.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2011, 2:19 am

Oh dang yeah that does sound confusing.

I played Rune Factory Frontier today. I got to another point in the story! :D Now I've met Iris Noire. But Mist is missing now. Ughhh this game is so hard! I only got to this part because of running away from monsters, my wolf, and befriending Iris Blanche so she'd save me from fighting Iris Noire.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jun 2011, 2:42 am

Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good. I want to say that Mist being missing means you have a limited amount of time to do something, but don't take my word for it. Neither my sister or me have gotten that far. I just heard about it from guides.