Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

A while ago a url of this game was registered, suggesting rumours that there was going to be a sequel to FF XIII. And yes, there is a sequel on the way! :D

I am an FF noob, I've only played XIII which was absolutely amazing. Why there are bad reviews and people hating it, I have no idea, how dare someone disrespect something so magical with stunning graphics? 8O

Of course I haven't played the previous games so I don't know how it compares; I was an N64er, a Gamecuber and an Xboxer 8) Yes the game was linear and it was repetitive battle after battle, but was that really such a bad thing?

So yes, it is coming 'next winter' (2011/2012?). All that has been revealed so far is the logo, a screenshot of XIII's main protagonist Lightning in some cool new armour, and a Japanese trailer (I'm sure an English one will be here shortly).

I cannae wait!! What's your opinions on it?

The site: http://finalfantasy13-2game.com/#/uk/news/

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 3:27 pm

What did you like about it so much? I am looking for another RPG to waste time on while waiting for Skyrim.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 3:59 pm

I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy XIII on my PS3, and I think it is very good too. The others I have got through are Final Fantasy II, VII, X, and XII.

I would like a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII especially with its amazing PS3 graphics. Another would probably look even better.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 4:52 pm

I never played Final Fantasy anything. Everyone says it's good. I was told it's for girls. Oh well.

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2011, 7:01 pm

If you like XIII then it makes sense that you also didn't play any of the good ones. Which is any other one besides 11. 13 Sucks.

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2011, 10:53 pm

Simonono wrote:

I am an FF noob, I've only played XIII which was absolutely amazing. Why there are bad reviews and people hating it, I have no idea, how dare someone disrespect something so magical with stunning graphics? 8O

Take some time and play the other games in the series then come back here.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 4:25 am

Sorry for making people angry. I guess FFXIII is one of my current special interests that no one really understands. (This isn't an insult, I'm just saying...) Oh well, I'm gonna keep loving it, whatever people say! :D No one can put me down...

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 1:29 pm

Simonono wrote:
Sorry for making people angry. I guess FFXIII is one of my current special interests that no one really understands. (This isn't an insult, I'm just saying...) Oh well, I'm gonna keep loving it, whatever people say! :D No one can put me down...

I would still like to hear what you liked about it. I need a new game. :)

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 3:36 pm

Quote:
I would still like to hear what you liked about it. I need a new game. :)

The characters are awesome, albeit a few of them are hateable at first but they get better later.
The storyline. Probably the strongest point in the game.
The graphics are amazing, in gameplay, cutscenes and cinematics. One of the best looking games on 360.
Great battle system.

It all depends on what kind of games you're into. I'll admit it is very linear, and it took me a good 25 hours to get to chapter 11 where you can explore and do side quests. Definitely a brilliant lighter for my dark 2010, though :D Still at it after weeks.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 5:56 pm

I think it's fine that FFXIII is linear. The new Castlevania LOS is a bit different than other games in the series too. And its probably the best PS3 game I've played.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2011, 12:01 pm

I beat this recently and while I (obviously) did enjoy it, the linear nature of it definitely detracted from the good stuff. Even when you get to Pulse and are allowed to explore, the only missions available seemed to be "go to X and defeat monster Y". The game got quite tiring towards the end and I found myself really wanting it to be over. It's definitely a peculiar situation because on the one hand you have extremely good elements (such as the battle system), but they are contrasted by some extremely bad elements so I can understand why people didn't like it or felt dissapointed. Oh yeah, there's also Vanille, the most annoying character ever.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:28 pm

I immediately stopped playing 13 when I hit pulse. Then I went to play other worthwhile games that deserved my attention. FF13 is currently in my Backlog number of 100. Now I must wait for The Witcher 2.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 6:12 pm

Mindslave wrote:
I never played Final Fantasy anything. Everyone says it's good. I was told it's for girls. Oh well.
I think the reason it's said that FF is for girls isn't necessarily because of the premise or story. The reason it's said it's girly is mainly because it lacks challenge. Anyone who's literate and can read a strategy guide can play a final fantasy game. That's were the stereotype comes from... in that because not so many girls are awesome gamers, they could still play Final Fantasy.

I personally thought 13 had a good story, some very interesting characters. I liked Feng and Snow. Also the graphics were top notch. The only problem I had was that I cannot play turned based games due to intense disinterest because there's next to no challenge. No matter what Square Enix does with Final Fantasy, it seems they will always have turn based mechanics for the fan base :?.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:47 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
I think the reason it's said that FF is for girls isn't necessarily because of the premise or story. The reason it's said it's girly is mainly because it lacks challenge. Anyone who's literate and can read a strategy guide can play a final fantasy game. That's were the stereotype comes from... in that because not so many girls are awesome gamers, they could still play Final Fantasy.

Some of them are very challenging like Final Fantasy XII for example. A lot of the others have moderate difficulty, but they are not easy or very easy.

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 3:35 am

I was a big fan of FFVII, purely because when it came out, I played it when I was about 14 and it totally changed my perspective on gaming. Along with Thief, Metal Gear Solid and the original Rainbow 6, FFVII has special place on my shelf. To me FFXIII was not as good as 7,8 and 10 but it was ok. I am just not sure that I want more 13. I'll play it anyway though since any Final Fantasy is better than no final fantasy.

Was not spoken of the soul.

jaspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2011, 5:01 am

Let me make a optimistic prediction what this is going to be?
It will be similar to FFX-2 with dancing J-pop performers.
FF13 is probably the best looking visually, but it is the most linear gaming experience I have played in Japanese RPGs.
I have already finished the game and cannot be bothered having all the characters mastering all their classes.