Page 2 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

BradPollard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2011, 8:40 pm

hey guys you know that white is going to be more based on nature then black. black is going to be based on city. about the name of these games by the way i think should of called them pokemon darkness(white .because of the dark pokemon),and light(black because of the white pokemon). this would prevent racial conflicts i think
brad is rad

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 6:26 am

^^ Oh dear, I apologise greatly everyone as I believe that I forgot to state which happy starting Pokemon I may select. I beleieve that perhaps I may select Tepig or Snivy. I believe perhaps I shall indeed select Snivy (Grass-type) as I selected Squirtle (Water -Type) within Pokemon FireRed and Cyndaquil (Fire-Type) within Pokemon HeartGold. ^^ However I am sure that all of the starting Pokemon friends are very lovely.

EDIT: I am very sorry to bother everyone, however I believe that I very recently created a happy little pre-order from Amazon for Pokemon White Version.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2011, 11:06 pm

I preordered Black.

As a matter of fact, Black and White got me back into playing Pokemon after a 10-year hiatus. They're THAT revolutionary! I also went to the mall tour in Philly yesterday and it was PACKED with crazy Poke-geeks of all ages.

Dragonfly92
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Feb 2011, 1:03 pm

I'm starting with snivy! I think some of the new pokemon are kind of ugly, but there are a lot of awsome new ones that make up for that. Also i'm getting zorua! :D without hacking!!

jaideybug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2011, 6:35 pm

My brother has the japanese version, I think it is cool how the pokemon move around. Also, anyone competitive battle on Nintendo wifi connection?

Mudkip
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Mar 2011, 12:20 pm

I got a Japanese Pokemon Black game, and it is a great game, and I took me quite long to complete it too, even though I skiped quickly through the text (because I don't understand Japanese)

If my Wi-Fi is working then, if anyone wants a Japanese Pokemon to use in their English game that I can easily catch then, please ask me!

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2011, 2:28 pm

jaideybug wrote:
My brother has the japanese version, I think it is cool how the pokemon move around. Also, anyone competitive battle on Nintendo wifi connection?

if i can ever figure out how to get my DS to pick up on my wifi then yea I'm pretty competitive. xD I cant stand to lose!

Memories are only as great as people make them, so make every moment as memorable as it can be.

robotox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2011, 9:37 am

I know I'm a bit older than people would expect for someone that likes Pokemon, but I love collecting things, especially digital things, so Pokemon suits me really well. I also really like the simple structure of the battling systems (strengths, weaknesses, special attacks, etc.) and how it can be as complex as you want it to be. Plus, I'm reluctantly fond of just grinding in random battles to level my Pokemon. I usually like the ones that most people don't like because they aren't the most powerful ones. I like rooting for the underdog.

Honestly, the Pokemon look all right; they can't really compete with the originals because there wasn't a precedent for them.

Anyway, I usually start with the fire one and it amuses me that it's a pig this time. I'm considering naming it "Bacon" or "Chops" or something relatively tongue-in-cheek amusing.

I've somehow managed to control myself and wait for the English releases and I'm really excited to finally play them. I work on Sundays so I preordered White on Amazon so I'll get it on Tuesday.

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2011, 10:14 am

robotox wrote:
I know I'm a bit older than people would expect for someone that likes Pokemon, but I love collecting things, especially digital things, so Pokemon suits me really well. I also really like the simple structure of the battling systems (strengths, weaknesses, special attacks, etc.) and how it can be as complex as you want it to be. Plus, I'm reluctantly fond of just grinding in random battles to level my Pokemon. I usually like the ones that most people don't like because they aren't the most powerful ones. I like rooting for the underdog.

Honestly, the Pokemon look all right; they can't really compete with the originals because there wasn't a precedent for them.

Anyway, I usually start with the fire one and it amuses me that it's a pig this time. I'm considering naming it "Bacon" or "Chops" or something relatively tongue-in-cheek amusing.

I've somehow managed to control myself and wait for the English releases and I'm really excited to finally play them. I work on Sundays so I preordered White on Amazon so I'll get it on Tuesday.

thats how I am. I like collecting them all in general, ugly to awesome. Even if my favorite pokemon in this new set is i think a popular one i still like it xD. I like battling other people more then random battles. i normally start with fire types but this time i'm going to start with a grass type, it looks like a snake :D lol *stating the obvious i kno*

Memories are only as great as people make them, so make every moment as memorable as it can be.

robotox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2011, 10:58 am

Quote:
if i can ever figure out how to get my DS to pick up on my wifi

I hear ya. The DS/games don't generally support WPA2 wireless encryption, which I use because it's the best commercially available encryption type. As someone that works in network security a lot of the time, I've seen the downfalls of poor encryption so I refuse to change it. I hope you're successful though! We'll have to battle sometime.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 12:28 pm

T-T My sister broke my DS, so no gaming for me until I can get a job and start saving for one.

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2011, 1:41 pm

robotox wrote:
Quote:
if i can ever figure out how to get my DS to pick up on my wifi

I hear ya. The DS/games don't generally support WPA2 wireless encryption, which I use because it's the best commercially available encryption type. As someone that works in network security a lot of the time, I've seen the downfalls of poor encryption so I refuse to change it. I hope you're successful though! We'll have to battle sometime.

for me my ds doesn't pick up on wifi AT ALL x.x the school has the right wifi but yea, i had to steal my friends ds and get stuff through hers.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

I know my internet security setting have dissalowed being able to do the online thing, I think it would also be great if I manage to figure out how to get on my own so I can actually enjoy all those extra bits.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2011, 6:21 pm

I can't wait to get it. One day me and my friend looked up the new pokemon and couldn't get over how cool they look. Cofagrigus and Zebstrika look awesome. I also like how Serperior looks. I might actually pick a grass pokemon as my starter, though I'm used to picking the fire types.

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

Jessi_in_wonderland wrote:
I can't wait to get it. One day me and my friend looked up the new pokemon and couldn't get over how cool they look. Cofagrigus and Zebstrika look awesome. I also like how Serperior looks. I might actually pick a grass pokemon as my starter, though I'm used to picking the fire types.

i think alot of people choose fire as a starting type, but normally they look either cute or cool but this time its the grass that looks awesome. xD

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 7:39 pm

I want your avatar Vicinti!! ! FIRST! A fire/Psychic type AWESOME!