07 Jun 2011, 5:36 am

Heavy Rain. 'Nuff said.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 10:43 am

Giftorcurse wrote:
Heavy Rain. 'Nuff said.

That game seems very interesting and unusual. Damn it... I have GOT to get a PS3.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2011, 3:54 pm

Infoseeker wrote:
A lot of my friends say the Xenogears made them cry. I haven't played it yet though.

i've never played xenogears, mainly because of the bias online [xenogears fans hate xenosaga outright for no reason] xenosaga hits pretty hard though, many moments throughout the series are very touching, and the endings are really sad.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2011, 5:50 pm

I played xenosaga and it did have a lot of moments. I liked the almost too many cinematics parts to that game. Felt like even more of an interactive story than a video-game. And that made it fun to me.

Cathleigh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

I cried the first time I played through Final Fantasy 7, when Aeris dies. Other than that, I cried in frustration when my saved game deleted itself just before the final boss in Spyro 3, and nearly cried in relief when I beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Gold.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

Infoseeker wrote:
I played xenosaga and it did have a lot of moments. I liked the almost too many cinematics parts to that game. Felt like even more of an interactive story than a video-game. And that made it fun to me.

yeah it is story heavy but it is so well made. but yeah it does feel a bit like a movie at times.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

Elite Beat Agents made me cry. Specifically the Christmas level with "You're the Inspiration".

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2011, 3:07 am

Mario Party, because you can't play as Bowser. I thought I'd get over it after twelve years, but I'm still pissed.

Resented_M
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2011, 9:03 am

Jordan87 wrote:
FFX got me a little teary eyed more than a few times. Let's just say I got pretty caught up in Tidus' and Yuna's romance and found it's progress very engulfing.

........And with that little admission, I'll be turning in my man card.

(CAUTION: SPOILERS AHEAD)

I felt the same way about how things were between Tidus and Yuna, but for me the most emotional parts of the game both involved Jecht and Tidus. I shed tears both when Tidus dived into the sea, swimming after Sin, after operation Mi'ihen yelling "Don't you run away from me!", and at the end, within Sin, just before fighting Braska's final aeon.
"Dad?"
"Yeah?"
"I hate you."
"I know, I know. You know what you have to do."
For me that was probably the most emotional scene in the game. I guess my man card is forfeit as well.

Orannis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

There are very few things that have gotten me teary.

- The end of Final Fantasy 6 (if you decided to wait for Shadow at the Floating Continent)
- The end of the Bridge to Terabithia remake
- The 3rd book in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series when Itkovian dies
- The visual novel A Drug That Makes You Dream

The only media that's ever actually gotten me to cry was the end of the Witchblade anime series. You don't go into it expecting any sort of deep storyline, but it really does.

The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:31 am

No video game has made me cry, but sometimes when I play an FPS I feel sorry for the monsters when I kill them. The original Quake makes you kill dogs. :o I got used to it though.

Apophis

14 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

I never cried, but Gears of War 2 was really sad. Dom spent the entire game looking for his wife and the cinematic where he had to kill her was just sad. When I love a good story (and I love the Gears story) I get caught up in it, and like any sad twist in one, it sort of captures you in the moment as well.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 6:28 am

Yes, Pokemon Dungeon Explorers of the Sky.

I had named the two main Pokemon after me and my beloved pet Nemo. Then Nemo died IRL. in the game the charcter I named after me was taken to the future and the Nemo character, lonely and heartbroken, laid down on the beach and cried while shouting for me. Then the end credits came.

I cried so badly. I'm not the least ashamed either. That was very rough on me on that particular time.
Quite frankly it would make me sad even under the best of circumstances.... things like that touch me...

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

I cried a few moments ago, because an inferior monster killed me in under four hits. This is after other very "easy" monsters killed me at least twice when someone was looking.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

I didn't cry but I reckon some of the Halo games have brought me close to doing so.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Dokapon Kingdom can make me cry tears of rage; no matter how many times I play it! xD