Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

allakara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2012, 10:18 pm

im not really a hard core gamer however when it comes to games i do play a lot, i have to say that i love super mario brother games. at age six i was six i used to play them everyday and used to draw my own level on paper all the time. everyday i always wore nintendo shirts and whenever i didn't i used to purposely feel dipressed. super mario1, 2, 3, and mario world are my favorite. there are many others too. there's something about mario games, i love the game play on all of them. i can make it to the princess on orginal super mario brothers without getting hit once. do you enjoy super mario brothers games too? what's your favorite game?

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm

Interesting general post, especially for a neurotypical female.

I'm not much into video games, however, from time to time I'll reminisce and play the ones I grew up with, mainly the original Nintendo and Sega Genesis. I always loved the Mario games, especially for how varied they were.

The first is a classic, it used to come with the NES when purchased. The second had a different formula all together, I think because it was actually a different video game originally but the characters were replaced with Mario and company. Really dig the music in that one. And the third was really interesting because it was non-linear. There were different worlds, and it sort of gave the player an option as to which level to play in each world. The three games were different, had their own unique qualities, but were all very enjoyable.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

I thought it was amazing back when it was new. I used to make up my own levels too, with my little brother. Now, the only thing more nostalgic for me is Final Fantasy VI. :D

You got the music running through my head now - da da da da da da! *jump* da da da, de dum de dum...

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:50 pm

I've always loved Mario games. I've played all the classic Super Mario Bros. including the Lost Levels (which I beat), the New Super Mario Bros. Wii (got 5 sparkling stars), both Mario Galaxies (both completed 100%, The Perfect Run in SMG2 included!), Super Mario 64 (all 120 stars), and several of the Mario Kart games. And I'm currently very good at Mario Kart Wii, although I use a kart unlike most others >= my skill at that game.

Also I like to joke that Mario's world only appears that way to Mario because of his addiction to magic mushrooms. :P

AQ: 33

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2013, 3:01 pm

loved Super Mario games since i played Super mario world on the Super nintendo

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

Is this a trick question? Who doesn't like Mario games??

My favorite is probably SMB3 on the NES. Some of the other ones are pretty awesome too, but that one was something special back when it came out. Every time I play it, I feel like I'm back in 1990, at my grandma's house.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2013, 9:55 pm

I am fond of Mario games since I've played the first game that started it all, Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 2:51 am

I've known a LOT of people who don't like games in general but still love Mario!

(I think every third screen redraw subliminally flashes the words "YOU LOVE THIS GAME"... much the way My Little Pony does. ;) (I stopped watching just in time to avoid becoming another MLP zombie!)

[/duck]

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 12:27 pm

I had the most fun with Super Mario Brothers 2 out of the entire franchise that I played. Something is just so...."off" about it, but I love the precise handling.

Takato
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

Love mario brothers :)

staremaster wrote:
I had the most fun with Super Mario Brothers 2 out of the entire franchise that I played. Something is just so...."off" about it, but I love the precise handling.

Wanna know why? :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=650VeGAc ... .be&t=1m9s

The "Lost Levels" was Mario 2 in Japan, but everywhere else decided it was too hard, so they took this Japanese game, and stuck Mario characters in it XD

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Mar 2013, 11:37 pm

I fail miserably when I pay them, but I love them a lot. :)

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2013, 8:08 pm

I never liked the side-scrolling Mario games. I died too easily. Now the other Mario games, that's a different story.

cyberia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2013, 12:41 am

I love the Mario games! I have since I was a kid.

...I need to get more of the games, though. I only have three or four right now. I need more Mario!

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 2:01 am

The Mario series was a staple of my childhood. I played all of the 2-D platformers on the NES and SNES when I was a kid, as well as the Mario Kart games, and some of the puzzlers like Dr. Mario and Yoshi. These days, I don't really follow video games much, as honestly they've become too realistic and complex for me. (Not saying that modern games are bad from an objective standpoint, or that they didn't need to evolve, but they just don't engage me.) But the Mario games still keep me coming back - in fact I was just playing the original Super Mario Bros. today. These games are the main reason I own a Wii - both so I can play some of the newer Mario games that have come out and so I can play the old ones on the Virtual Console.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:21 pm

Takato wrote:
Love mario brothers :)

staremaster wrote:

Wanna know why? :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=650VeGAc ... .be&t=1m9s

The "Lost Levels" was Mario 2 in Japan, but everywhere else decided it was too hard, so they took this Japanese game, and stuck Mario characters in it XD

This explains so much. Mario throwing giant vegetables? No gigantic pipes sticking out of the earth? I knew something was up!

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 2:27 pm

Hell yeah I love the Mario franchise games! I played Super Mario Kart on SNES, Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Super Smash Bros. The one Mario game that I wished I had played was Super Mario World, the first game with Yoshi.