Too old and wrong gender to post here!

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2011, 4:20 am

I am sure I am the wrong gender and age for video games - but I actually like them a lot :oops:

I felt I had more of an excuse to play them when my son was younger and we'd play together.

I've loved Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Rachet and Clank, Jack and Daxter, The Sims, Mario kart, Mario Party and many more.
Awww the good old days - how I miss them :( . It's so nice to just lose yourself in a game.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 4:37 am

I don't play them but my thoughts are life is tough enough and you should embrace anything that gives you pleasure no matter whether society thinks you're too old or not. Screw 'em. Of course that precludes anything that hurts another etc. etc.

AtticusKane
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2011, 5:00 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:
I am sure I am the wrong gender and age for video games - but I actually like them a lot :oops:

I felt I had more of an excuse to play them when my son was younger and we'd play together.

I've loved Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Rachet and Clank, Jack and Daxter, The Sims, Mario kart, Mario Party and many more.
Awww the good old days - how I miss them :( . It's so nice to just lose yourself in a game.

Man - Jak and Daxter, does that ever bring me back.... haha that's the good stuff right thurr

Kiana
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2011, 5:07 am

I really like them too, I know lots of older female gamers, we're not that much of a rare bread 8)

Don't miss them! Play them!! ! Why shouldn't you??

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2011, 6:20 am

Kiana wrote:
I really like them too, I know lots of older female gamers, we're not that much of a rare bread 8)

Cooool - I'm not alone. That's what I'm liking more and more about WP - I keep finding out that my wierd stuff isn't all that wierd. I guess we're all just doing our weird stuff behind closed doors and not telling anyone cause they look at us funny.

There is a draw back though- if I allow myself to play again. I get so absorbed for hours and hours that nothing gets done!!
Also I only have a wii console these days and I can't find another great game to play on it. Any suggestions?

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 6:42 am

Banjo Kazooie was my favourite game as a kid. :) Many hours wasted on it.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 7:47 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:

I saw an American study repeated in a newspaper here some years ago, showing that about 40% of the gamers are female. It also showed that either 24 or 26% are 17 or younger, the other 24 or 26% were 50 or older, the remaining 50% were between 18 and 49. (Don't have any link for that obviously.)
But even so, who cares what people expect due to gender or age??! ! Not this 34 year old game-playing female, that's for sure! Even if I was both the only adult and the only female to play vidoegames, I'd still play. Cause it's great fun :D
"Time you enjoyed wasting, weren't wasted."

I've loved playing ever since I got my NES when I was 12. Favourite games include Pokemon, Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, the 3 first Spyro games, Mario, Mario Kart, Tetris, Wild Snake (SNES), F-Zero, Excitebike and Worms. I have no doubt forgotten some there :lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 8:48 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:
Also I only have a wii console these days and I can't find another great game to play on it. Any suggestions?

You can play half of the Zelda games, most of the Mario Party games, and roughly half of the Mario Kart games on the Wii.

Check out the Virtual Console, it's chock full of stuff.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:

I've loved Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Ratchet and Clank, Jack and Daxter, The Sims, Mario kart, Mario Party and many more.

:D

Franma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2011, 9:41 am

I've been hooked since the days of Pong ... actually before Pong, there were Unix games like Robot ......

Since then I've probably played every kind of game there is on every system there and most of the board games too.
I favor RPG genre- IRL & electonic, I don't have the dexterity to be more than mediocre at many of the other styles.

Some days it feels like being a 51 yr old female is the wrong age and gender for anything :)

"It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential." Hans Asperger

In the end I'm just me whatever that may be

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Sowlowsolo wrote:

You can play half of the Zelda games, most of the Mario Party games, and roughly half of the Mario Kart games on the Wii.

Check out the Virtual Console, it's chock full of stuff.

Ooooh where can I get these and what's this virtual Console? Tell me more :D

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:35 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:
Ooooh where can I get these and what's this virtual Console? Tell me more :D

Well, first off, the Wii supports GameCube games (as long as you have a Cube controller and memory card), so you can play quite a few titles there: The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Twilight Princess, and there are two compilation packages that emulate older games in the series: one of them contains The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (both NES), Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask (both N64); the other contains Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest (the supposed unreleased N64 Disc Drive expansion).

There are also a few Zelda games for Wii: Link's Crossbow Training, Twilight Princess (everything has been mirrored from the original Cube version to switch Link's handedness from left to right), and I think Skyward Sword is due to be released soon.

The Virtual Console can be found in the Wii Shop Channel, it allows you to purchase emulated versions of past games: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past (SNES), Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. The NES games can be played by holding the Wiimote sideways, but for the SNES and N64 games, you'll either need a Cube controller or a Classic Controller.

As for Mario Party, none of them have been released for Virtual Console (I don't think), but there are four of them for GameCube, and one of them for Wii.

Mario Kart, there's Double Dash!! for the Cube, one game for the Wii, and you can find the original SNES game and the N64 game on the Virtual Console.

So basically, the ones left out are the first three N64 Mario Party games, and all of the handheld games in all three series (and I guess those weird non-canon Zelda games released for CD-I).

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

/\ /\ Wow you really know your stuff - thanks - I'll have to study that for a while, let it all sink in :o /\ /\

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

I'm a 31 year old female. I've been playing video games since I was four years old. I've been playing massively multiplayer online RPGs for over 10 years. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 7:33 am

No problem.

I cheated a little, had to look up some of them :oops: Wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything, and I didn't know exactly what was on the VC (I've never used it myself, I still have all my old consoles).

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 7:47 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:
Kiana wrote:

Cooool - I'm not alone. That's what I'm liking more and more about WP - I keep finding out that my wierd stuff isn't all that wierd. I guess we're all just doing our weird stuff behind closed doors and not telling anyone cause they look at us funny.

There is a draw back though- if I allow myself to play again. I get so absorbed for hours and hours that nothing gets done!!

^^ Yaye greetings Sowlowsolo.

I believe that I have really enjoyed playing the happy Nintendo Wii game named Okami and do hope that you would enjoy this lovely game as I believe that this may be considered rather similar indeed to Zelda games.