Unsuall or odd games you have purchased.

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 8:53 am

if you think about it, there are some unusaul games out there. so, whats the are the most unsual or odd games you've ever played, and found out you liked it so much that you bought it?
I can think of a few.

The strangest games I've played would probally be...

Blade Kitten
BloodRayne Betrayal
Orbit
Shank 2

out of these I only have Blade Kitten as the full game, the others were from PSplus, so I can't paly them anymore...
I really liked that BloodRayne Betrayall...

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 8:58 am

Creatures. Raise and evolving and learning bunch of virtual pets and breed them with a decent genetics simulator.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm

I guess Parappa the Rapper for the Playstation 1 was pretty odd, but that's what made it such a fun and entertaining game. A lovable rappin' puppy tries to win the heart of Sunny Funny -a humanized talking flower- by taking karate lessons with a master onion, learns to bake a cake decorated with seafood(!), and later must rap his way past a bathroom line-up before soiling himself after overindulging on aforementioned cake. The sequel/spinoff Um Jammer Lammy was possibly even more weird, with a constantly regurgitating caterpillar nurse who though Lammy was pregnant! (she was just bloated from too much pizza).

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for GBA had a pretty crazy plot: Peach's voice has been stolen and replaced with explosives! Only it turned out it wasn't really Peach, but Birdo who had volunteered to take Peach's place. Oops, hope I didn't spoil it for anyone. :) And of course Bowser's Inside Story was also pretty odd with those Emoglobin creatures living inside Bowser who help you during the game. Not only are they slightly "emo" but they use the word "globin" in place of other words and use "-ish" at the end of their adjectives a lot. And then there's that funny French-accented block character who becomes allies with Bowser.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 12:15 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Creatures. Raise and evolving and learning bunch of virtual pets and breed them with a decent genetics simulator.

Yeah, I used to have that game too. Sort of a "Furby meets the Sims" kind of game. It was kind of annoying the way male and female Norns wouldn't stop kissing each other!

Ooccoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2013, 6:02 am

Without a doubt it has to be Doshin the Giant. I picked it up for £2 at a car boot sale, and I had no clue wtf was going on XD

NowhereMan1966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2013, 5:28 pm

I remember the old Apple ][ game, "The Bilestoad" where you were a knight and you had to hunt down and fight the enemy knight (computer or player controlled) where you hack and slash each other. The view was a top view of the game and you can even hack the limbs off the other player and so forth. It came out in 1981 IIRC.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Apr 2013, 7:00 pm

Something along the lines of Revenge of the Sunfish... Don't ask. :lol:

ShadyChris
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2013, 3:35 am

Buck Bumble on N64 I think was quite weird.

Saints Row is pretty bizarre as well. Shame they left the sewage cannon truck out of the last one...

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 5:25 am

The six games for the Nintendo Virtual Boy that I bought new back in the day which I still own.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

Mario bros. I mean come on, a plumber that can shoot fireballs and grows when picking up mushrooms that has to save a princess of the "mushroom kingdom" from an evil big turtle that lives in a castle that commands other turtles(even flying ones!), mushrooms, flying fish, squids and rockets with eyes. How on earth did they ever come up with this.

Raj2442
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Apr 2013, 6:01 am

I would have to say Kingdom Hearts 2. The start of the game was so calm and happy but also strange and freaky. Surprises at every turn.

Another game is the Astro Boy game (the 2004 one on the PS2). The game was so creepy and confusing. People with collars everywhere that stop them from talking, the three eyed boy, creepy music in some places, a man in black and white clothes at the mall who you couldn't talk to, and much, much more.

Scia
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2013, 11:23 pm

A large percentage of indie games can fit under that criteria. XD

Hmm... This was technically gifted to me, sort of as a prize, though I did get to pick it out: VVVVVV

The idea of the game is that instead of jumping, you reverse your own gravity, so you're constantly flipping up and down. The gameplay is designed to focus on it specifically: there are no doors to be opened, no bosses to be fought, just the obstacles in the environment to overcome. And let me tell you, it does that really well; the obstacles are often challenging, but creative and still enjoyable. It's also got a great soundtrack, and users can make their own levels.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER is one that I actually bought myself. It's a type of rhythm game. You're constantly running forward, and there are obstacles and other elements of the game that match up with the timing of the game music. If you get past an obstacle or pick up a piece of gold, it makes a sound that adds to the music. If you pick up a core, it sort of levels you up, and the sounds level up somewhat, too, but never so much that they become overwhelming. Also challenging, also fun.

RUNNER 2 is one I'm planning on getting soon. It's basically like an enhanced version of/sequel to BIT.TRIP RUNNER (though it's technically not part of the BIT.TRIP series). I followed the development blog and it looks fun!

Anyway, BTR and VVVVVV are both really fun and I would recommend them both. They both have demos you can try if you want to just give them a look. (Not sure if BTR has an official one outside the Wii Shop Channel, but feel free to look.)

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 2:30 am

Way back when, it was a game called VIZ (from the naughty comics!)

Beware, there's naughty words and some people doing naughty things! :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_J9JzsueI[/youtube]

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 4:13 am

^^^^^

A guy that's jumping on his balls while there's love being made in the woods. What, just what.

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm

The ToeJam and Earl games. I used to play them as a little kid.

Chrisicus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

LittleBigPlanet or Dragonball Z Raging Blast 1/2.