Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE this game. People in general are crap, some are ok, but you do not really need to deal with them at all to enjoy the game. I tried it as a way to try to break out of being so damn stuck in routine. Then I ended up playing it in the same consistent fashion. Crap! lol Then I found a character I really love and I cannot seem to play another. I am totally fixated with that character and class and I cannot play the game happily unless it is on this character that is max lvl in adventure and crafting and can earn no more xp. But . . . I find the game so enjoyable. It is soothing, actually. I am determined to conquer the new expansion without having to raid. I tried a little bit of raiding, didn't like it. On top of the social demands of raiding, goodness. People treat raids like a holy crusade . . and we all know what happened with those. But anyways, I talk about eq2 a lot and even my roommates that play it all the time get bored of me talking about this one character and what I wanna do and where I am taking her and the new costumes she has (I collect outfits and house items) and Hey we got a games section! So I hope no one minds if I vent in here?

My character is a lvl 90 shadow-knight (A tank I know but the play stile is amazing and I can concentrate on stuff with it, if I do not have a large party, which I never do. I suck at defending my party members when I am the tank because I have a very narrow focus but I still love the class). She is also a lvl 90 tailor, which I love because she makes armor that has nothing to do with her. and I can make backpacks. I like backpacks, who doesn't? I love carrying stuff, and well you need bags for that.

With Destiny of Velious we got flight, which was the bomb. I had a black Pegasus, then I changed my race so I am a fay (the bad one >=) ) and now I fly with no mount like I actually fly and I got wings and hair and clothes of my fav color (purple). I am in the permafrost server (P words for the win!) which has gone downhill a little bit since they did server merges and we got stuck merging with Mistmoore. But . . . w/e. If you haven't tried it you should!

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

What game?

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

Everquest 2. It is one of the mmos offered by sony online entertainment. It has a very large scope of characters in terms of races, classess and archetypes, a lot of beautiful maps with good story lines. Right now they are hosting the nights of the dead festival until the 8th of next month. Raiding seems to be a big thing to a lot of people, but I heard that unlike wow, you can have fun as a casual player, which I can attest to that as being true. They just released GU 61 recently, which did a complete overhaul of quests and drops of gear and treasure to accomodate to the changes brought to stats and classess when Velious was released. Now casual players and new players can get decent gear, survive the maps, levle up and have fun without needed the guidance of experienced players and crafters to get items, gear, weapons, and live, generally speaking.