Do bosses on Final Fantasy XIII make you tense?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

07 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Might be hope for XIII-2. Apparently it's heavily involved in time travel.

And if that doesn't work, apparently a XIII-3 is in the works.
Let me guess... Lightning meets Crono, and the final boss is Lavorphan? Right on.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

I thought all the bosses in Final Fantasy XIII were a pushover. The final boss was only annoying in his ability to use an unavoidable instant game over ability. I didn't like the game at all though and found the gameplay to be tiresome.

I think the sequel has potential but for the first time in the series' history it won't be a day one purchase for me. I'll be waiting for some time and maybe picking it up second hand if it looks interesting and it receives decent reviews from outlets I trust.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 10:19 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Might be hope for XIII-2. Apparently it's heavily involved in time travel.

And if that doesn't work, apparently a XIII-3 is in the works.
Let me guess... Lightning meets Crono, and the final boss is Lavorphan? Right on.

Lightning's not in it. Don't be fooled when she takes up 80% of the display art on the case.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I thought all the bosses in Final Fantasy XIII were a pushover. The final boss was only annoying in his ability to use an unavoidable instant game over ability. I didn't like the game at all though and found the gameplay to be tiresome.

I think the sequel has potential but for the first time in the series' history it won't be a day one purchase for me. I'll be waiting for some time and maybe picking it up second hand if it looks interesting and it receives decent reviews from outlets I trust.

That ability only gets used if you take way too long to beat him. I never encountered it.