Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mackieG13
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

The video game series Amnesia is a stellar game series by the indie company FrictionalGames, a gory, disturbing thing as it's predecessor, the Penumbra series, was. Set in the nineteenth century, the main game Amnesia: The Dark Descent's protagonist Daniel is battling Amnesia and a dark past. It's DLC Justine is set nineteen years later, and in the eyes of French woman Justine Florbelle, a sadist trying to find that she has some humanity left in her.

In my eyes, this series is the best first-person horror series to date, it is PC only but it's freaky-ness makes up for it. I shudder just thinking about the monsters included, and then delight at the custom level builder.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 12:41 am

Are there a lot of first person horror games out there? The only two that actually come to mind are the Penumbra/Amnesia series, which are made by the same people, and Call of Cthulu.

Amnesia was very popular, very scary to a lot of people. One problem I noticed in the little time I spent playing it was that the scares were a little predictable. For example you might interact with a key item and moments later you'll see a vision of the monster... Did the game ever try to break that mold later down the track?

mackieG13
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2012, 5:07 pm

Sadly, no, and it's all scripted, too boot. It's pretty creepy, though.

The end is...fitting.

Varka
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2012, 7:21 pm

I enjoyed playing it, I would too well agree that the game is quite chilling and the dev truly pulled of an atmosphere which can draw you in.

But mid game though, it doesn't become quite as frighting though, instead there were few moments that were funny.