Page 194 of 276 [ 4410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 276  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 8:21 pm

I'm playing Wizardry II: Knight of Diamonds...except for some reason, this GBC version is renamed to be the 3rd game??

...and importing a character just starts them at level 1, so I'm not sure what the point of that was :|

I'd really like to play Pool of Radiance, but I haven't yet figured out how to get the DOS version to work on the NDS. And the NES port doesn't...look...great...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 12:04 pm

I'm nearly at the end of the second PQ dungeon.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:08 am

Just completed level 20 of Doom II: Hell Revealed, playing in HMP difficulty with weapon carryovers.

This has been very manageable so far, nowhere near the impossible task some of the reviews have suggested. Maybe that description would be more applicable if one were attempting it on UV with pistol starts? Supplies of weapons, health and armour are very generous, and the occasional presence of 'blocking lines' helps as well.

May give this a rest for a week before tackling the last 10 levels, which are likely to be harder, maybe considerably so.....

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2018, 3:14 am

Persona 5 for my intensive playing, Crypt of the Necrodancer for quick bursts of fun. I really want to get Gungeon or Binding of Isaac again, I'm starting to develop a craving for roguelikes.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2018, 3:17 am

Ziemael wrote:
Ice Wind Dale.
Is that D&D? I recognise the location name but I can't recall where from.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 7:04 am

Icewind Dale is located in the Northern reaches of the Forgotten Realms.

As for the game itself, it's basically a sequel to Baldur's Gate. Technically it's AD&D, because they were still using 2nd edition rules. I think Pool of Radiance II might've been the first game to use 3rd edition, but I can't remember...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 6:43 pm

Persona Q just got a whole lot darker, both literally and metaphorically.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm

Detective Pikachu. It's very different from any other Pokemon game I've played, but it's still fun.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 5:47 pm

Once I'm done Persona Q, I'm going to tackle the Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, even though I can't play KH 1, 2, or 3 because I have neither a PS2 or a PS4.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2018, 1:47 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Once I'm done Persona Q, I'm going to tackle the Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, even though I can't play KH 1, 2, or 3 because I have neither a PS2 or a PS4.
I haven't played them yet but I think I heard the upcoming installment has Monsters, Inc. and Toy Story characters, along with Frozen and Pirates of the Carribean (which I'm not personally too bothered about). As a result, I'll probably consider trying the first just to see what it's like.

I'd personally recommend just grabbing a PS2 from eBay or Amazon. I don't think they're any more than about £20 - £30 (or your equivalent), though games can be ridiculously expensive these days, sometimes upwards of £30 (more than the console itself!)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2018, 1:50 pm

Yeah, I get the impression that the core KH experience will be difficult to enjoy without a PS2 =)

I've played the handheld ones a little bit, but mostly because some of them have multiplayer.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2018, 2:59 pm

But I already have a DS, WII, PSP, 3DS, Japanese 3DS [which I've never used], and PS Vita! I have too many games as it is! Yet I still want a Switch! :help:

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2018, 7:56 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
But I already have a DS, WII, PSP, 3DS, Japanese 3DS [which I've never used], and PS Vita! I have too many games as it is! Yet I still want a Switch! :help:

:lol: Fair enough, though you can never have too many games. I really want to get a switch, it's the money that's the problem. All Nintendo stuff really maintains a high price tag even a few years after release.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2018, 7:59 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Yeah, I get the impression that the core KH experience will be difficult to enjoy without a PS2 =)

I've played the handheld ones a little bit, but mostly because some of them have multiplayer.
That's true. Emulators are good but they're on the tricky side, are often full of bugs (mostly graphical) and can be a serious drain on the CPU. Not to mention the fact that they may or may not be classified as piracy. In my opinion, it's best to just drop a few £££ on pretty cheap hardware. Easier, and more ethically sound.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2018, 8:05 pm

^^They say that about books, too, and I have so many that even a seven-foot bookshelf isn't enough.

I made a list of the Switch games I want: Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, Little Dragon Cafe, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Smash Ultimate, and whatever the Pokemon Generation 8 game[s] will be called.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2018, 3:56 am

SO MANY HOURS of Terraria over the last few weeks with my 7 year old son, and my 20 year old daughter.