Page 195 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 276  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 9:16 am

Mythos wrote:
Not to mention the fact that they may or may not be classified as piracy.

I haven't had much luck with the PS2 emulator myself, but the one nice thing about it is that you can use legit discs with it.

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I made a list of the Switch games I want: ... Dragon Quest XI ...

Sadly, I have a feeling that that game won't come out =/

I'd love to be proven wrong, but they already cancelled the English localization of the 3DS version, and they keep making excuses for the Switch port.

Hmm...maybe I should buy the 3DS version (before it gets expensive) in hopes that a fan translation will come out...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 4:28 pm

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Why do video game companies keep doing that?! Hrgh.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 5:20 am

...well, I ordered DQ11 for the 3DS yesterday... @_@

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 11:45 am

May your struggles to decipher the menus go well.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 12:58 pm

The Sims 4, living vicariously through my Sims.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 3:37 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
May your struggles to decipher the menus go well.

Yeah, I know =)

There are guides out there, but I'm really hoping for a fan translation.

...either that or maybe the PC version will actually be decent...but I was kind of interested in the 3DS version for having it as hybrid 3D and 16-bit 2D.

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

05 Sep 2018, 5:29 am

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time. My bad.

I've been playing World of Warcraft a fair bit lately. Although in that same period of time, I've had this back-of-the-head thought that maybe I shouldn't play it anymore. The game has its issues, mostly to do with other players, or there are elements which are a tad over-grindy, where it feels more like a chore than a chillaxing game.

I've considered getting an XB1X and some games I like there. Play that on a nice big TV on the couch/my bed, rather than sit at a computer. Hmm... *thinking face*

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2018, 11:51 am

dan_aspie wrote:
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time. My bad.

I've been playing World of Warcraft a fair bit lately. Although in that same period of time, I've had this back-of-the-head thought that maybe I shouldn't play it anymore. The game has its issues, mostly to do with other players, or there are elements which are a tad over-grindy, where it feels more like a chore than a chillaxing game.

I've considered getting an XB1X and some games I like there. Play that on a nice big TV on the couch/my bed, rather than sit at a computer. Hmm... *thinking face*
Yeah, I'd personally recommend a TV no bigger than about 50". I have one that's about 45" I think, but I can sometimes struggle to see it all at the same time. It's like scanning a large picture.

ArchaicLion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2018, 4:35 pm

Right now I'm playing Overwatch, though I'm still in Bronze. I want to make it to platinum, but I'm not sure how long that's gonna take me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 5:37 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
...I was kind of interested in the 3DS version for having it as hybrid 3D and 16-bit 2D.

Well, I got it the other day, and tried it last night...seems like a pretty cool game, but the 16-bit 2D feature of the game is kind of underwhelming. The cutscenes are all sprites just standing there, and the battles don't even have animations for the monsters.

Definitely a lot of menu screens I can't read, though =)

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 1:01 am

I'm playing a fair bit of Dragon Quest XI and Little Busters.

I'm about 15 hours into Dragon Quest XI, not really liking it as much as most reviewers have. It really feels like a NES JRPG with fancy graphics, with a slower pace because of animations. The start is really really slow and I suspect it's one of those games that will only really show its true colors something like 30 hours in, when the characters have enough skills to inject some actual tactics. As it stands, it feels pretty underwhelming and average but I want to give it more time.

Little Busters is so far just fairly standard Key VN fare. I'm through all the routes save one. I suspect there will be a lot more good humored writing, a lot of mediocre writing when it gets more serious, and a moment where I'll be really sad.

I plan on getting Valkyria Chronicles 4 when it releases. I haven't played a good tactical game since XCOM 2 and I suspect it will be just as good as the original.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 6:37 pm

Fire Emblem Fates. I'm determined to finally do a full playthrough of Revelation.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm

The usual suspects GTA 5 online and Star Trek online. But lately I have been destroying everything that moves in Forza 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 5:23 am

I hooked up my Apple II yesterday and played Might & Magic for a bit B)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 12:15 pm

I was working on Ch. 10 of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations, and things were going swimmingly, and then one of my favourite characters died. I restarted the game entirely, and now I'm caught up again.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 9:41 am

I just finished Yakuza Kiwami on my new PS4.

Great game but I think I liked Yakuza 4 better. Yakuza 4 had a lot more content.