Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 4:35 am

Well, it's nothing new I suppose. I have been blocked before, for no good reason, and for something I did not do... They could not prove to me or provide evidence for something I "did" last time. But this time, it trumps the last block. I have not cheated in my entire time playing the game, I know I have not, because I take care of my account and don't like risking it in anyway... Sigh but they still block it even though I did nothing and have spent a lot of time fairly playing. I think I permanently quit this game of mine, it's just so unfair. GM's mistreat me when I do nothing at all, I didn't even swear. I'm not as down as I would be since I somewhat quit the game. I only pop in to play wars in PVP now, but to be treated in such a bad way by GM's for something I never did still hurts a little.

Has anyone else gone through this at all? I would like to know if there are other MMORPG's/MMO's that function this way, so I can avoid them!

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2012, 5:26 am

Give us a clue.

What the heck is GM???????????????

btw,,,,,,,,,,I suspect that you know damn well why you were blocked.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 5:40 am

GM = GameMaster. Normally someone that acts as a knowledgeable person for newbies and also a supervisor in an online video game.
And yes, as someone who was renowned for getting blocked on gaming sites, I suspect you know why you were moderated. And yes, even that behaviour you thought was innocent just because it was you that did it (despite the rules) I'm afraid the GM is bound by the rules. And if you've been a bad boy before, sometimes a GM will act pre emptively when you are about to repeat a similar act.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 7:18 am

Of coarse, people who think because someone is blocked, it must mean they did something bad. Well boys, I'll have you know I did nothing of the sort, on both occasions. I'm actually someone who hunts down cheats and reports them, not because I'm a cheater who wants other cheaters banned, but because I care about the game I played, and hated that cheaters were going unpunished, and running rampantly throughout the game. But thanks for assuming for the worst lol! Oh my, if you were in my position, and patrolled by the unprofessional GM's of the company which I am speaking of, you would not be so sure of yourselves... They've banned massive amounts of people for nothing and are popular for doing so only based on suspicion, including laziness, and never unlocked their accounts. That was the case of my own, the first time I was banned, but I was unbanned because I came off as nice and honest to them. This is the second time. I've done nothing, I barely play the game now, so I definitely haven't been cheating or breaking rules. I was just playing for once I like to for an hour or so every here and there, and all of the sudden my account Disconnects and I'm banned... Heh, they didn't get my other accounts though, just the richest one... I could still sell these items I have for hundred even thousands of real dollars if I felt like it... Might as well, they screwed me over to the point I don't even want to play anymore.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 8:36 am

Hi Pondering.
Sorry if I have my doubts, I just speak out as someone who has been a griefer on games and also someone who has found / created exploits and been duly punished. To help me get a better understanding of the situation, what game or RPG is this we are talking about? I'm Familiar with EQ series, FFXI, WoW. Shame you got banned but it's not the end of the world :)

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 8:59 am

Unfortunately people are stupid; they all make mistakes, perhaps even because they think they can't possibly make them. So while I've never been banned in any game I've played, this kind of thing still happens pretty much anywhere else in life, too. Teachers, parents, police, etc. Moderators aren't without fault, either - it's even happened here with them being blind to blatant rule breaking, but it's been useless to try to tell any of them. :roll:

I'd rather just have automated systems that aren't bogged down by such trivial things as bias or past experiences and treat absolutely everyone the same, but even they glitch sometimes.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 11:52 am

This is the response to my block I got.

"Thank you for contacting Support Team,

Over the weekend, we have noticed the account has been accessed by an Unauthorized access user and suspended the account for its protection. Since the account has been accessed, we have submitted the account for a roll back request. You will be notified the moment the roll back has been completed and the account has been released. Please be informed that you may lose some game time and items due to the roll back being done.

For the time being, we would like to ask that you change the account password since the account has been compromised. If you have additional questions regarding this issue, please respond to this ticket and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you for playing and have a wonderful day."

So it looks like I wasn't cheating... However, they are claiming someone with unauthorized access got into my account, which I know is not true, not in the many years I've been playing has anyone even known anything about my username or password, and I haven't had keyloggers, viruses or anything like that in years... So no matter what I say, for some reason they are rolling my account back and I will lose items I earned myself....

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 12:20 pm

Did you use this account from more than one location? They might have tried to prevent gold farming from a 3rd party.
And....what game is this?

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 12:47 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Did you use this account from more than one location? They might have tried to prevent gold farming from a 3rd party.
And....what game is this?
Nope and I'm not telling

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:11 pm

A new one from customer service....

"Greetings,

Thank you for your response,

We have reviewed the situation again and have decided to release the account. The account was seen purchasing many items that were obtained through the malicious methods of other users. We apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced during the suspension. You may log on and continue playing now. We thank you for your patience and understanding on the issue.

We wish you have a wonderful day,"

Wow, I was blocked because of someone else being an ahole, another cheater... Gm's in this game always surprise me with their stupidity. Haha, oh well. This has taken the cake so to speak, and I hope to make some money off of these super rare items hehe...

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:30 pm

Oh, and now... they banned a few of my other accounts after releasing the richest one... I don't get these fools! I did nothing wrong... and they only banned them once they unlocked my main.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:35 pm

I didn't knew you could be banned from playing a certain game these days.

Quite a sad evolution.

Luckily there's still 90's games and free indie games for the left-outs.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:49 pm

Uprising wrote:

Quite a sad evolution.

That's the sad reality we live in...

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 2:19 pm

Pondering wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Quite a sad evolution.

Can't you ask them for a refund and just get rid of the game?

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 4:49 pm

Uprising wrote:
Pondering wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Quite a sad evolution.

Can't you ask them for a refund and just get rid of the game?
It's a free to play game. I can only quit it which I intend on doing.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 9:20 pm

Hmmmm..Pondering, these items that you might have bought, were they suspiciously cheap? Did you know they were items gained through "malicious methods"? If so, then you can be banned for that, too, in most likelihood. The fact you won't even share what the game is or shed light on your own actions is a little fishy. I don't even know why it matters what we think. A lot of sympathy from us won't get you unbanned! And quitting the game won't exactly solve anything, if anything it would only prove their point.