Who would like Sega to release a Dreamcast 2?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

Hey!
I dont know about you, but I would LOVE Sega to release a Dreamcast 2. Or if not that I would love another company other then the main ones to make their own. Onlive is alright, but a dedicated console from an unknown company would be cool if they do it right.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

28 Jun 2012, 1:53 pm

I've seen some of the recent things coming from Sega, and they might be a little too busy to create another console. It would be spectacular if they created another console, the problem is trying to make it look appealing against other mainstream consoles like the Xbox 360 or the PS3. (Maybe even the Wii, for that matter.)

I would certainly get a Dreamcast 2 if it ever existed. :D

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I've seen some of the recent things coming from Sega, and they might be a little too busy to create another console. It would be spectacular if they created another console, the problem is trying to make it look appealing against other mainstream consoles like the Xbox 360 or the PS3. (Maybe even the Wii, for that matter.)

Totally agreed! :D

The gaming market needs more competition. Sega would be an awesome company to do just that.
I do like the the Playstation, but its time for a new Dreamcast or at least someone else to release/develop something as amazing as a Dreamcast 2.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

28 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

Madbones wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

The gaming market needs more competition. Sega would be an awesome company to do just that.
I do like the the Playstation, but its time for a new Dreamcast or at least someone else to release/develop something as amazing as a Dreamcast 2.

Another issue would be release games. Unless they can whip up a release title that will knock the socks off of gamers, they'd have to stick to the non-exclusive games you can get for any other console.

Argh, there are lots of problems with this, but I believe it can be pulled off if it's done right. Maybe they can create exclusives, but I don't know... :?

And the graphics would have to be at least par with the PS3 and Xbox 360, and run just as well (Which shouldn't be difficult for Sega). But I agree that there needs to be a little bit more competition between more than just three companies.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Madbones wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Another issue would be release games. Unless they can whip up a release title that will knock the socks off of gamers, they'd have to stick to the non-exclusive games you can get for any other console.

Argh, there are lots of problems with this, but I believe it can be pulled off if it's done right. Maybe they can create exclusives, but I don't know... :?

And the graphics would have to be at least par with the PS3 and Xbox 360, and run just as well (Which shouldn't be difficult for Sega). But I agree that there needs to be a little bit more competition between more than just three companies.

Yeah, it certainly wouldn't be easy to pull off.Im not too sure if Sega could pull off a decent exclusive. They need something as big and as good as Little Big Planet on the PS3 for example.
Although, speaking of Dreamcast there has been a few new games released for the Dreamcast which is nice to see. Maybe even if people could just make new games for the DC it could do well.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 3:47 pm

Madbones wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Madbones wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Yeah, it certainly wouldn't be easy to pull off.Im not too sure if Sega could pull off a decent exclusive. They need something as big and as good as Little Big Planet on the PS3 for example.
Although, speaking of Dreamcast there has been a few new games released for the Dreamcast which is nice to see. Maybe even if people could just make new games for the DC it could do well.

Yeah, PlayStation has AMAZING exclusives, like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, LittleBigPlanet, Sly Cooper, and even some of the FPS are decent.

I know they can do games with awesome graphics, like in this game that came out a couple years ago for the PSP/PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECokck2G84

It's in Japanese, but I still want it. :D

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:14 pm

How could I ever forget Ratchet and Clank!? :lol: I played that with my brother and I back when I was a really young child.Had a great time playing it on the PS2. Yeah, something like Ratchet and Clank could kick start something like the Dreamcast 2. Something different and exciting in the game industry for once would be nice!
The last most exciting game I have seen is Minecraft undoubtedly.
It seems as though the game industry is built on copies and bad versions of COD and other similar big titles :( .

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

Exactly. CoD got old after Modern Warfare. :/

The game industry should have more variety in their newer titles.

Duncan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

Basically Sega tried to do the XBOX before Microsoft did but the fall of Nintendo kinda screwed up.

The Dreamcast was revolutionary for it's time. The first console to have on-line multilayer gaming and some revolutionary tiles. Some of the first open world games for consoles, my favourite game of that era was Shenmue II. Of course, by the time of Shenmue II the XBOX and Microsoft was slowly taking the games market. The biggest move that Microsoft in that era was the purchase of Rare. Rare was one of Nintendo's BIGGEST game producers so lead to Nintendo losing lots of potential good titles. This left the market wide open for the XBOX. We have already the Dreamcast it's the XBOX 360 :P

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:09 am

Sega was dumb how they would never make their systems backwards compatible with each other.

If the Xbox360 was a real Sega console it wouldn't play Xbox1 games. :roll:

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:57 am

Being a SEGA fanboy, I don't want a Dreamcast 2 as they are really struggling to survive. :(

They recently closed all of SEGA Europe AND Australia just to make ends meet. :(

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:59 am

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Being a SEGA fanboy, I don't want a Dreamcast 2 as they are really struggling to survive. :(

They recently closed all of SEGA Europe AND Australia just to make ends meet. :(

What!?
Noooo! :(
Thats a shame.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:01 am

Madbones wrote:

What!?
Thats a shame.

Indeed it is. I kind of keep up on everything SEGA related.

Also, another thing that sucks. Anarchy Reigns comes out next year for the west despite the game being Region Free AND the Voice Overs are in the Japanes eversion!

So yeah....SEGA being SEGA again when it comes to current gen marketing. :cry:

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:09 am

Madbones wrote:

What!?
Thats a shame.

Also, another thing that sucks. Anarchy Reigns comes out next year for the west despite the game being Region Free AND the Voice Overs are in the Japanes eversion!

Argh how annoying...
Yeah, Sega have never been good at marketing at all... Such a shame as Sega has huge potential backing them.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:37 am

Madbones wrote:
Madbones wrote:

What!?
Thats a shame.

Argh how annoying...
Yeah, Sega have never been good at marketing at all... Such a shame as Sega has huge potential backing them.

What about BLAST PROCESSING?

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:39 am

NeueZiel wrote:
Madbones wrote:
Madbones wrote:

What!?
Thats a shame.

Argh how annoying...

What about BLAST PROCESSING?

It has to be said that ad campaign is pretty good... But that was decades ago :( .