Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

My favorite StarFox game is the one where you play Fox's son.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 5:46 pm

Yeah, I played it on Game Cube and I enjoyed it, nice characters, nice graphics, nice story :wink:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 6:13 pm

i loved the original...from what i've played of starfox 64, that one seems like a lot of fun too...though i haven't clocked any significant time with it.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2008, 6:14 pm

Star Fox 64 is one of my favorite games of all-time. Awesome game. Just awesome. I spent a whole lot of time playing it 10 years ago, and I still enjoy it immensely when I play it now.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 6:47 pm

I haven't played any other than StarFox 64. I still play it every once in a while.

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2008, 7:49 am

The original StarFox was one of my favorite games as a kid. I even remember waiting for StarFox 2 to come out on the SNES, and was so disappointed when they canceled it because they thought it would take away too much attention from the upcoming StarFox 64. On the other hand, when I finally got my hands on N64 and the game, StarFox 64 became one of my favorite games on the platform. Then again, I can count the number of N64 titles worth owning on one hand. It wasn't the best of times for Nintendo.
All the entries in the series after that were rather disappointing to me. They put too many other gameplay elementa in them, that IMHO, have nothing to do with what StarFox is. Kind of like what Sega did with the Sonic franchise. I hope Nintendo goes back to basics with the next game. Focusing on the twtich shooting flight action that made the series what it is, and dump all that other crap.

atari2600a
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2008, 7:53 am

I've played the completed fan assembly of Starfox II, it's really REALLY fun! (a little too easy on beginner though)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 9:25 am

I bought all five Starfox games when they were new. Starfox Adventures has the best graphics.

xyzyxx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 10:10 am

JimmyNeurtonRules wrote:
Fox's son? Don't you mean James's son, Fox?

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 10:23 am

The only one I played and liked was for the SNES. I was going to get the Gamecube game but read that it was completely different than what I was expecting, so I didn't bother with it.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 1:47 pm

xyzyxx wrote:
JimmyNeurtonRules wrote:
Fox's son? Don't you mean James's son, Fox?

Yeah, btw i never played the SNES version

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2008, 3:46 pm

atari2600a wrote:
I've played the completed fan assembly of Starfox II, it's really REALLY fun! (a little too easy on beginner though)

I heard about that, and I was thinking of playing it soon, but I've been so busy with life and other games. Maybe sometime soon hopefully.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 10:45 am

The one I like best is StarFox 64, I beat Nintendo's record with flying colors!

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2008, 12:37 pm

I like Starfox64 :) . I want an online multiplayer battle mode 20 vs 20 :D. Also protect the mothership mode where one team has to protect their mothership and the other team must shoot it down before it gets to the destination :D

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2008, 7:38 am

Rainbow-Squirrel wrote:
Yeah, I played it on Game Cube and I enjoyed it, nice characters, nice graphics, nice story :wink:
StarFox Adventures 2002 RareWare That Game is still known to have the best graphics ever done for the GameCube I mean it had the best Fur Textures and Shading. Yea That Was The Best StarFox Game Ever. But there isn't very many games for starfox I own them all.

StarFox - A2600.
StarFox - SNES.
StarFox 2 - SNES.
StarFox 64 - N64.
StarFox - VB.
StarFox - Arcade.
StarFox Adventures - NGC.
StarFox Assault - NGC.
StarFox Command - NDS.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

[/quote] StarFox Adventures 2002 RareWare That Game is still known to have the best graphics ever done for the GameCube I mean it had the best Fur Textures and Shading. Yea That Was The Best StarFox Game Ever. [/quote]

Agreed. Starfox Adventures is one of the most heinously underrated games of all time. So many people disregarded it because it was different from other games in the series. It was originally going to feature Krystal as the main playable character under the title "Dinosaur Planet". It's inclusion in the Starfox series was an afterthought. It probably would have been much more successful without the Starfox label.