Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

NeXus_Blueliner
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2012, 12:35 pm

I love this game so much but I'm not that great at it :( Does anyone else play and does anyone have any tips on helping me last longer on it? xD

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 4:55 am

Tropico 3 and 4 are relatively easy city builder games.

If your struggling to get income early on what you need to be doing is looking at the raw materials and resources on your island and look to export them to get an income going.

Even some small scale agriculture can bring you in roughly $5k of money from export. Make sure there within easy access of your port and you have a garage nearby so your tropicans can transport the goods. Also you need to make sure you have enough teamsters employed as there the main people who move stuff around on the island.

If your losing elections then you need to be looking at what issue the people are most bothered about. I find usually housing is a major issue for me early on due to immigration. If your being flooded by too many people moving to the Island you need to build a

Once you have a decent economy coming in it becomes quite easy to go from there.

If anything its really difficult to be a true dictator in this game. The game seems to only really reward you for being a pro-americain capitalist