Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 6:36 pm

Curiotical wrote:
I have a question about the Wii U:

I understand that it will be possible to switch Wii U game footage between the TV and the game-pad but, will it also be possible to do this with Wii and Gamecube games?

Its not backwards compatible with the gamecube at all. You can still use your old Wii motes and classic controllers though. As for the footage, you can stream all games to it from your console.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm

I seen a video and article on the Wii-U on the Wii Nintendo channel (console) from what i read, i would rather have the screen seperate from the controller, only good side I see in Wii-U is you dont need to "hog" the TV if someone wants to watch a movie and you want to play a game on the Wii,

I think Wii is great with games and basic computer (this post made with Wii) suggestion for improvement, MORE CHANNELS/apps please!

-Jess

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Nov 2012, 12:38 am

The Wii U came out here in the US a few days ago! :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2012, 1:49 am

I might get Vita~

Depending what game titles are gonna be revealed in the next few months.
Right now Scribblenauts, is the only one that's interesting.

That controller has so much potential.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 3:53 am

I got one. So far I have Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros. U. The latter is quite fantastic, assuming you like the standard Mario formula, but it doesn't do any interesting gameplay with the controller(though being able to play the game with video on the controller if someone is watching TV, is handy). I have not tried Nintendoland yet, been kind of busy this past week and I need to actually get some Wii remotes and nunchucks again after selling my Wii to a friend earlier this year.

Right now the launch period games I want to get, include Scribblenauts, ZombiU(With the mixed reviews, it will be a bargain bin game in less than 6 months and Ill get it when its $20 or less, but it looks interesting), Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3. Maybe Lego City Undercover if it gets good reviews. But I really look forward to the post-launch lineup games and seeing what gets announced for the console at E3 next year. Plus, you know, the inevitable Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. games, hopefully a good Metroid title and 3D Mario, and would love to see Nintendo bring back F-Zero.

Launch lineups are never all that great, for any console. Between the multitude of ports and all the games being the first time the developers have worked on the system, things tend to get better over the following years, but Nintendo systems are safe buys for me even at launch because I know they will eventually get exclusive games in franchises I love.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:17 am

eelektrik "Nintendo Land" has an F-Zero game in it, so hopefully that's a sign there will be another one soon. Also, I think NSMB-U is really cool for a launch title since it's a Mario side-scroller, so it's like when the NES/SNES first came out in a way.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:53 pm

At present Wii disc games won't stream to the Gamepad but it's very likely once they release digital versions of these games on the eShop they will stream to the Gamepad. GameCube games will also be coming to the store so...I'm guessing they will do this with them, too. It would be a major selling point.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 7:47 am

Anyone else got a Wii U ATM?

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 7:49 am

Got one. You can friend me as Sagroth.

Only got ZombiiU and Mario atm though.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 7:57 am

I gotta get my hands on one someday....

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 8:46 am

It seems that the same "Nintendo dilemma" still exists.

Every generation, Nintendo will release a handful of astounding first-party games, better than anything else in the genre. But is that handful of games worth the cost of a console?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 9:37 am

Black Ops 2 from the overrated COD series came out the Wii-U's very first day which isn't a 1st-party game obviously.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2012, 11:57 am

I'm hoping to get one in the household before new year. I'm very excited about pikmin 3, pikmin was one of my favourite GameCube games.

I'm hoping for a wider gaiety of games than the mini game collections that dominated the wii market. A few more games with a bit of variety would go down well with me. Also a 2 player game with support roles from the tablet (I think) would be very fun to play.

JenJazz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2012, 2:04 pm

omg mum has the black zombieu edition for me for christmas it feels so far away!! :-( xx

&#8213; J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm

I don't actually own one yet, but so far I'm disappointed in the Wii U. I'm unimpressed by the controller, the specs, and the price, and there seem to be a lot of hitches in the execution of the console and its features. However...

Declension wrote:
Every generation, Nintendo will release a handful of astounding first-party games, better than anything else in the genre. But is that handful of games worth the cost of a console?

The answer for me is yes. I'll be picking one up when the price drops, or some really awesome must-have game is announced.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

I'm incredibly unsold on the Wii-U as of yet; but I feel that's more because Nintendo is keeping consumers in the dark, instead of revealing right at launch what we could look forward to as they did with Gamecube and Wii.

Another issue is, I'm looking over the release calendar in Japan since the USA calendar is ALWAYS USELESS, and I'm finding that the Wii-U doesn't have a virtual console section, even though it'd be oh so incredibly easy to at least give the first party titles up for sale.

I'm fine with Nintendo using decade old technology to power their system, but I would have also expected them to have pooled up the money from all the devs they have under wing to have seen what they could do to reduce price, and make the machine more polished, since they did have all that time and money to build the system; especially the excessive amount that I'm sure the Pokemon Company as a whole has, seeing as they develop those games on an incredibly cheap dollar, and yet ship millions to even billions of units.

I'm honestly more inclined to purchase the OUYA, seeing as it is set at the same price as a Wii Mini, but has thousands of features more.

But if Nintendo revises the Wii-U to make it less ugly and fingerprint attracting, a finish like the Wii Mini, I'd be inclined to take one home when the other issues are resolved.