Want to replay Mass Effect 2, but...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 3:31 pm

I want to replay Mass Effect 2 to get different results in the game and transfer it to 3 for different events. However, I am having a hard time getting past the controls now. They feel so clunky compared to 3 and I keep dying on early levels when I used to be awesome at them. Is there a way around this?

The main issues seem to be me not noticing when my shields are down, Shephard's super brief running bits and slow response to taking cover.

I know it's not my playing; I do fantastic in Mass Effect 3.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

What class are you using?

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 4:05 pm

Engineer; decided to play from scratch, so my overload/combat drone isn't very strong.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

Ah. I've played through insanity with each class at least once, and engineer is one of the ones that needs to stick to cover, which sucks. I prefer Vanguard since charge lessens the need for cover, and Assault sentinels are even better. You'll probably find it way easier once you reach mid-game, but the first act up until Horizon is pretty difficult with nearly every class.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

I could continue from my old game with different decisions on normal difficulty. Would make the game difficulty more balanced potentially...I think I enjoy playing as a vanguard more anyways.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

I decided ages back in play a totally diffirent game with a Renegade Femshep Infiltrator, compared to my usual Paragon Maleshep Adept. My problem has mostly been from I find it so emotionally draining to have my character do some of the mean things she does, also not sure how to do bad things, and get a good ending.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 7:34 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I decided ages back in play a totally diffirent game with a Renegade Femshep Infiltrator, compared to my usual Paragon Maleshep Adept. My problem has mostly been from I find it so emotionally draining to have my character do some of the mean things she does, also not sure how to do bad things, and get a good ending.

There's Youtube videos for that. Some like the sociopath Shephard, some don't.