What Video Game Fanbase is the worst?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 12:42 pm

ianorlin wrote:
I don't pay attention to the fanboys just play old games I like. Is there much point to listneing to these fanboys.

No, there is no point to listening to fan boys at all.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 12:54 pm

I really like my PS3, but Sony fanboys usually pretend like their consoles ALWAYS had the most powerful hardware. Even though Sony had the least-powerful hardware during the PS1/PS2 era. They're in disbelief that the Nintendo Wii-U probably has better hardware than their precious six-year old PS3. :roll:

I find this quite amusing since Nintendo being dominant in the hardware department was the norm during previous console eras, but Sony Fanboys try to pretend like that never happened just because of Nintendo's current "Wii" console.

By the way I play PS3 the most out of my current systems(Wii,3DS,PS3).

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 2:34 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
The achievement whores on the XBox 360 are the worst fanboys I can think of.

They somehow think that spending a month or two cheating (oops, I forgot, it's called "boosting") to get the "Seriously" achievements on "Gears of War" makes them superior gamers.

I do a boosting session once in a while, but I see it for what it is, and I don't think of myself as a better gamer because of it.

I will up that and include those that did game sharing on PS3. Both groups are quite annoying.

As far as Pokemon goes, I tried it again recently. Definitely something you outgrow with age. Mystery Dungeon Red was really fun as a kid though.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm

League of Legends. Worst. Community. Ever.

They make Call of Duty players look like well mannered gentlemen.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

Worst Video Game Fanbase?
Ummm... All of them really. They all have terrible fanbases due to how some of them dislike other competitors, they pretty much tell you to jog on and that you aren't welcome.

Hence I hardly ever discuss games online where it's focused on just one game series.
8) That's how I roll.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 3:53 pm

Venger wrote:
I really like my PS3, but Sony fanboys usually pretend like their consoles ALWAYS had the most powerful hardware. Even though Sony had the least-powerful hardware during the PS1/PS2 era. They're in disbelief that the Nintendo Wii-U probably has better hardware than their precious six-year old PS3. :roll:

Thats probably the case, but the PS4 is going to piss all over anything Nintendo is about to release, or anything they're likely to release for the next 7 to 10 years.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:58 pm

eelektrik wrote:
League of Legends. Worst. Community. Ever.

They make Call of Duty players look like well mannered gentlemen.

What are you talking about? The League of Legends community seems fine to me. Was this before they added the honor system?

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 4:13 am

thomas81 wrote:
Venger wrote:

Thats probably the case, but the PS4 is going to piss all over anything Nintendo is about to release, or anything they're likely to release for the next 7 to 10 years.

And the Sony fantards also try to make factual references to the non-existent PS4. Sony could possibly return to their weak-hardware roots with PS4. You never know. Either way I'm sure both systems will have great games since I'm not a fantard which is the subject of this thread.

Nintendo will probably stick to their normal 5-year cycle with their next console, so it'll likely come out 3-4 years after PS4.

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fan ... 9259.phtml
http://www.themindofgame.com/2010/03/13 ... the-bunch/

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

How could I forget about Call of Duty fanboys, or almost any First person shooter games for that matter. We wonder why gamers are seen as immature.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Oct 2012, 10:27 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
How could I forget about Call of Duty fanboys, or almost any First person shooter games for that matter. We wonder why gamers are seen as immature.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Especially the eight year olds who play them.

COD doesn't stand for "Call of Duty," It stands for "Child Online Daycare" these days. I have nothing against the games, just the fans.

I don't really have any console bias, it's the games that reel me in. But I don't get so into them that I think that's the only quality game out there. That would just be BS.

(There's nothing wrong with being a huge fan of a series, though. :P)

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
COD doesn't stand for "Call of Duty," It stands for "Child Online Daycare" these days. I have nothing against the games, just the fans.

:lmao: Yeah but as soon as someone disses Ratchet and Clank, you'll be giving them a good telling off. :wink:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Oct 2012, 12:16 pm

PastFixations wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

:lmao: Yeah but as soon as someone disses Ratchet and Clank, you'll be giving them a good telling off. :wink:

Ya think? ;)

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 1:18 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Ya think? ;)

I don't think, I know. :P

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

The whole video game community has struck me as nothing but image-driven, basically full of frustrated f*****s who can't find their luck in real life so they might show the world how awesome they are in the other spectrum called the virtual world.

Eventually video gaming is still about being the best, there is only one winner and that theme only attracts biased people sadly enough.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

Uprising wrote:
The whole video game community has struck me as nothing but image-driven, basically full of frustrated f**** who can't find their luck in real life so they might show the world how awesome they are in the other spectrum called the virtual world.

Eventually video gaming is still about being the best, there is only one winner and that theme only attracts biased people sadly enough.

That isn't unique to video games. Everyone community on the internet has its share of fuckwads. You give people a place where they can say anything, and do so anonymously, people will say things they wouldn't dare say if you were sitting in the same room and/or you knew who they were. The things people say online, if they tried doing that kind of trash talk in an arcade, its highly likely they would get punched in the face or kicked out, or both

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:46 pm

eelektrik wrote:
Uprising wrote:
The whole video game community has struck me as nothing but image-driven, basically full of frustrated f**** who can't find their luck in real life so they might show the world how awesome they are in the other spectrum called the virtual world.

That isn't unique to video games. Everyone community on the internet has its share of f****. You give people a place where they can say anything, and do so anonymously, people will say things they wouldn't dare say if you were sitting in the same room and/or you knew who they were. The things people say online, if they tried doing that kind of trash talk in an arcade, its highly likely they would get punched in the face or kicked out, or both

That doesn't stop people from actually talking trash into others faces instead of on the net.

You still get plenty of those types too, in fact a LOT.