How do you feel when a game freezes, or breaks?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 7:36 am

in my case, I used to get really upset when a game froze. when Mortal Kombat freezes its almost everytime I press start at the menu, and it always freezes when I try to play story mode. lucky for me a old buddy gave me his saved 100% data. I got most my games used, but only a few of them ever freeze.

I noticed the lego games on the wii often freeze, I got them new, but I think Lego harry potter's game disk my have been exposed to too much heat, I don't know if that would damage it or not. but that game froze on a boss fight.

I try to take good care of my games, but you never know when one will stop working properally...

how do you feel when a game freezes? also, if a game actually breaks, I tend to get very upset, usaualy someone else breaks it, so thats what makes me mad. but I never broke a game on purpose.

I have a ps2 that fell apart from the inside. it's broken and useless now.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 7:56 am

Game freezing is a rare occurrence for me. When it does happen, I get a bit ticked because it's usually at a crucial point in the game where I find a really good item and I had no means of saving between the point I got the item and the end of the level :? For the most part, I just reset the game and play on, because it's rare. As for games breaking, that hasn't happened to me. The closest I've come is a game malfunctioning to the point of not being able to play it as a result of the console itself, in which case I forget about it :?

Then I have done my job

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 8:47 am

It annoys me, because usually on a game like Motorstorm, it happens when I am doing well and may even win. However, it is still just something small.

Artificial difficulty from the AI annoys me more, but that is infrequent.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 3:41 pm

I usually just say to myself "It's a good thing I saved."

Can't say I've ever had a game break...but then, we didn't have disc based games when I was little.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2013, 11:17 am

Yea, our Lego Wii games would freeze on us too when we'd play them. I got major pissed. Solved the problem by getting a new Wii. The old one's in my room now, but it won't read any of the games I put in at all. Now I just keep it to watch Netflix and play Bejeweled and old Nintendo games like Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario RPG.

ProudWithAspergers
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2013, 11:40 am

I hate it so much. Skyrim seems to be a big problem with freezes. Once i ended up fighting 2 dragons at once, in the middle of the battle it locked up my xbox and then when i restarted it,, only one dragon showed up.

DarkDoorsShut
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2013, 9:59 am

It normally depends on how long it has been since I last saved, I'd only be really angry if I lost over an hours worth of progress.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:11 pm

If it's a PC game, I end up tweaking a bunch of settings and obsessively trying various solutions, which ends up becoming a metagame itself. By the time I get it working again/working well I don't even feel like playing anymore, just marvel at it's workingness for an hour or so and move onto something else.

If it's a console game, it depends on how into it I am. If I don't feel passionate enough about it to replay the unsaved segements, then I usually just give up and move onto something I can feel more passionate about finishing.

LogiXYZ

04 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

Depends on severity of the problem.

If it's occasional crashing then I just restart the game and might let out a swear word, if the last save was a long time back.

though I have just spend 4 days getting my StarCraft 2 working again, since it wouldn't start at all. After 3 days and several reinstall. I determined that the IP address the game was trying to use was a VMWare bridge connection. But that must have been the only instance where I've ever gotten truly mad about a game not working properly.

Ooccoo

05 Apr 2013, 5:53 am

Games don't often freeze for me, but it's frustrating when they do

As for games not working, well that happens a lot with Steam for me, due to my laptop's limitations, but I rarely spend more than a fiver on a single game, so it's not too annoying, plus I may get a better laptop/pc in the future

AmoralHeart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2013, 8:42 am

It happened to me while playing the new Tomb Raider on the PS3, it's very frustrating to loose the experience points and start back somewhere else, principally after a good fight and a specially cool killing move.

Non-d'xd person, only "very likely an Aspie".

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 9:18 am

AmoralHeart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2013, 9:52 am

^^ This by kouzoku sums up the feeling pretty well... :D

Non-d'xd person, only "very likely an Aspie".

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 6:35 am

Depends. If it freezes while i just saved it it doesn't bother me. But when hours of game time is lost i get annoyed and usually don't feel like playing the game for a couple of days.

I certainly don't react like the mad panda in Kouzoku's post. Think of all the PC screens and keyboards you need to buy! :D

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 12:28 pm

Andras wrote:
Depends. If it freezes while i just saved it it doesn't bother me. But when hours of game time is lost i get annoyed and usually don't feel like playing the game for a couple of days.

I certainly don't react like the mad panda in Kouzoku's post. Think of all the PC screens and keyboards you need to buy! :D

I'm only an angry panda on the inside. /hugs laptop :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Apr 2013, 5:20 pm

This has been happening to me frequently lately. I downloaded some Skyrim DLC and I've been having issues ever since. (It had its bugs earlier, but it's not nearly as bad as now).

When any game of mine freezes: