leveling up in Borderlands 2.... Help please?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 9:49 am

I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on leveling up in Borderlands 2. I've been trying to level up my Commando and Mechromancer. after that I want to level up my Gunzerker.
My Commando is somewhere around level 19, I think. My Mechromancer is level 16 I think. I can't really remember right now. as for my Gunzerker, I didn't get very far with him yet.
I was trying to level up my characters yesterday, and It seemed like I wasn't getting any EXP. but I'm not at a high enough level to beat that Super loader in the wild life preserve.
Can anyone help explain more about the leveling up system in this game?
also, anyone got any tips on the best ways to use the various characters?
Thanks.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 11:10 am

Not sure if they changed this for the sequal or not but in the first you could find a partner with a super high level character and play with them. The enemies will scale up to the point where you're largely useless but the EXP gain will be exponential and you'll level up ridiculously fast.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 12:47 pm

Basically, when you first go to a new geographic area in the game for the first time, the enemies in that area are set to around the same level you are - maybe a few levels higher or lower - anyway this is what usually happens. Occasionally a boss monster is many levels higher than you when you first encounter it. In any case, the enemies in any area stay at that same level they were at when you first encounter them, for the rest of the game. So the bottom line is that if you went to an area early in the game, and are now going back there to gain experience points, you won't gain much because the enemies will all be much lower level than you are and so the game will give you only very minimal experience for killing them. Bottom line, if you want to keep gaining exp, you've got to keep going to new areas as you level up.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
Basically, when you first go to a new geographic area in the game for the first time, the enemies in that area are set to around the same level you are - maybe a few levels higher or lower - anyway this is what usually happens. Occasionally a boss monster is many levels higher than you when you first encounter it. In any case, the enemies in any area stay at that same level they were at when you first encounter them, for the rest of the game. So the bottom line is that if you went to an area early in the game, and are now going back there to gain experience points, you won't gain much because the enemies will all be much lower level than you are and so the game will give you only very minimal experience for killing them. Bottom line, if you want to keep gaining exp, you've got to keep going to new areas as you level up.

my problem is that every time I get to a new area. the enemy's are far more powerful then my character. I can't even beat certain bosses without a second player. I've done all the main story missions, up to the rescue blood wing mission, I was able to beat all the enemy units, but it was extremely difficult. then the super loader shows up, and it's impossible to beat at my current level. despite the fact that I was able to beat dozens of enemy's right before it. even with a second player I don't see a way to beat the super loader.
is there a good place to level up in this game? the first one had skag gully, back when I had that game, it was pretty easy and fun leveling up by hunting skags in that area.
also, if anyone around here has beaten the super loader for the rescue blood wing mission, what had to be done to beat it?

flamebolt925
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2013, 3:49 pm

if the enemies are too tough try doing some side missions till ur at a higher level(s) and when u think u are at a high enough level after doing some side missions then try going back to exploitation preserve again and see if it is easier to kill the enemies. if after u have some levels and u return to exploitation preserve and u still having trouble killing the enemies there it wouldn't hurt to see if u can ask a friend to join ur game and see if he/she can help u. are u playing blands 2 on pc or console? if ur playing on pc do u have steam version?

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 5:22 pm

transformingcar wrote:
ScrewyWabbit wrote:

my problem is that every time I get to a new area. the enemy's are far more powerful then my character. I can't even beat certain bosses without a second player. I've done all the main story missions, up to the rescue blood wing mission, I was able to beat all the enemy units, but it was extremely difficult. then the super loader shows up, and it's impossible to beat at my current level. despite the fact that I was able to beat dozens of enemy's right before it. even with a second player I don't see a way to beat the super loader.
is there a good place to level up in this game? the first one had skag gully, back when I had that game, it was pretty easy and fun leveling up by hunting skags in that area.
also, if anyone around here has beaten the super loader for the rescue blood wing mission, what had to be done to beat it?

Yeah, I had the same problem with the super loader too. First off, if its more than 3 or 4 levels higher than you, you can barely scratch it - and I think it was at least 4 levels higher than me when I first encountered it. That was the one spot in the game where I had to go back to other parts of the map to level up before I came back. What I did was a bunch of quests from the mission / bounty boards until I was one or two levels below the super-loader. At least at that point I could hurt it. Was still difficult to beat it but at that point it can be done. Even if its around your level, it still takes tons and tons of damage. Use the purple crystals to buy ammo capacity upgrades back in the main city - that will help. Strictly speaking, you don't even need to kill it - it blocks your way past but killing it is not a mission objective - however if you don't kill it and try to ignore it and run past it I don't see how you'd survive.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

flamebolt925 wrote:
if the enemies are too tough try doing some side missions till ur at a higher level(s) and when u think u are at a high enough level after doing some side missions then try going back to exploitation preserve again and see if it is easier to kill the enemies. if after u have some levels and u return to exploitation preserve and u still having trouble killing the enemies there it wouldn't hurt to see if u can ask a friend to join ur game and see if he/she can help u. are u playing blands 2 on pc or console? if ur playing on pc do u have steam version?

I have the PS3 version. I just got my internet fixed today. but I don't know anyone who has this game on ps3.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2013, 8:01 pm

lol, just go to Lynchwood.

Besides that, it helps a lot to play with friends. You get better loot and more XP. You also get ammo that your friends pick up.