R.I.P Jew Wario. You will be missed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 4:04 pm

Last night, I finally heard the sad news that Justin Carmical, AKA Jew Wario, passed away on the 23rd of this month. His passing was reported on the 25th, but I went away for the weekend, and wasn't aware until now. The link is here: http://retrowaretv.com/justin-carmical/

I honestly don't know what to say. I've been watching this guy's vids since the early days of You Can Play This. He was one of my favorite Internet celebrities, and I've often imagined bumping into him at some kind of con or expo, if I were to go to one. He was actually at E3 this year, but I must have been in the other hall when he filmed his E3 vid.

I've never met the guy, but I was a big fan of his vids. I will remember him mostly for his You Can Play This and Pipeline series. Though I'm not a big import gamer, he's a big part of the reason why I signed up for Japanese and UK psn accounts, and I did check out a few of the games he recommended that made their way over here, Corpse Party being one them. Even though I had no intention of getting into scan games, I still watched his Scan This series. I was hoping Justin would get back to the You Can Play This series eventually, but I enjoyed learning about scan games. I guess no one will beat Edward from Twilight now.

I'm really going to miss Jew Wario, and my condolences go out to his family, friends, co-workers, and other fans. Feel free to post your thoughts below, as well as any tributes and other fan material.

RandyM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm

From what I've heard is that this was really sudden, because most people who knew him said that he was always happy and in a good mode.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm

I didn't learn about that until Sunday, and I just had the typical WTF reaction. Doug Walker made his own tribute video today, and I'm watching it now.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... n-carmical

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 7:08 pm

Suicide is a terrible problem to deal with. I've attempted it so I know the desperation. His wife was on the other side of the bathroom door when he shot himself. Her loss must be immense.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/475625- ... ies-at-42/

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Suicide is a terrible problem to deal with. I've attempted it so I know the desperation. His wife was on the other side of the bathroom door when he shot himself. Her loss must be immense.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/475625- ... ies-at-42/

My family had a similar situation 5 and 1/2 years ago, the effects of which are still felt today. I hope the same won't be true with JW's family. His wife is sounding like she's taking it in relatively good spirits, despite the situation, but odds are she's feeling it, and is acting brave for everyone else. It's good to know the rest of her family is there to support her though.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

Yeah, the news came really out of the blue. JW popularized Japanese gaming on YouTube :(

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

CapriciousAgent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2014, 10:29 pm

I used to watch Justin awhile back, but fell off more recently. With so many gamer personalities being off putting, his was pleasant and enthusiastic. I learned as much as I was entertained, so of course I was shocked when I found out what happened. He will be missed, and my thoughts go out to his wife, family, co-workers and fans.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 2:13 am

My sister told me Saturday or Sunday morning in tears. Such a massive shock to hear he shot himself...she, her boyfriend and I all had the same reaction of shock followed by admitting we wouldn't have been so surprised had it been Spoony.

Jew Wario will be greatly missed. The FamiKamen Rider will henshin no more :(

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 2:42 pm

I'm truly saddened by the news. He was always an enthusiastic and pleasant guy in his videos, whether solo or together with other reviewers. My condolences to his relatives and friends.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2014, 4:56 am

I'd never heard of Justin until reading the report on his death, but suicide's even worse. All the common responses like "my prayers are with you" sound so hollow in situations like this...but I truly feel for those who lose family and friends this way. Whatever drove Justin to that moment, I sincerely hope and pray he's with God in heaven now, and I hope those who love him will trust God for the comfort and peace they need. :(