Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm

So I bought a playstation 3 off of Ebay....but when I went to set it up the controller was not connecting to the system so it wouldn't do anything. I called the company and they said they'd send me stuff to send it back so they could send me a new system. However when I shake the controller it sounds like something is broken in it....so I am tempted to just go buy a controller and see if the system works, and then not send it back if it works ok. I am just very impatient I have waited like two weeks for them to send me stuff to send the thing back so they can send me a new one so just want to see if it works and if so I'll just keep it and not send it back.

So what would you people do in this situation?

I really hate to do it, but I almost want to leave a kind of negative review....because they sent me something that didn't work right, its taking them forever to take care of it and I suppose I just feel like people should be aware of that if they buy from this ebay store.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 8:55 pm

You always take chances with eBay. If I want something that's intricate and fraught with potential problems, I'd go to an actual store. I could understand it if you got a good deal--there are many good deals on eBay. But there is more of a risk, since you didn't actually SEE the product.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm

For right now, I'd give the seller the opportunity to make things right. If, after they ship you a new unit, and the new unit is defective, I' request a refund, then give a negative review.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2014, 11:17 pm

I would first see if the listing had stated potential problems or defects in the product's description. I do that first and foremost, but maybe you missed something.

But like Meistersinger, I would also contact the seller to solve the issue before trying to repair it/send it back/leave bad feedback.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:05 pm

I would buy or borrow a cheap wired controller and see if that works. If it did, I would see if the eBay vender could just replace the controller.

PS
I'm assuming the original controller won't work plugged in or wirelessly...

aspieZim
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2014, 10:35 pm

i have that same issue- when i want something that i want it now, i want it NOW. it drives me nuts and i get really restless if something i want now isn't available now

i'd test the system with another controller in the meantime. i dunno if controllers are the same as computer hardware in return policy, basically the buy, borrow, return deal. if the return policy works in my favor no additional cost comes from me and i get to know if the ps3 works more or less within the hour.

the rest of it i'd wait for the seller to fix things and if nothing gets fixed then i'd have no problem leaving a really nasty review.