Steam Summer Sale 2014! Is everyone ready?

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 10:41 pm

The internet has declared that this years Steam summer sale starts on June 19th.

Yes, the savior and bane to PC Gamers everywhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU[/youtube]

Who's ready?

Author/Writer

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 11:56 pm

....I just know I'm going to end up buying like 20 random things just.... because.

And there's no reason NOT to spend on it, dont need that money for anything else.

Still, gonna try and at least resist somewhat.... and probably fail miserably at it....

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 12:33 am

I'm just gonna buy dead island riptide for me and a friend.

Actually hoping blizzard will also have a sale since i've yet to play starcraft 2 and diablo 3.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2014, 2:09 am

12:08 AM and no sale! ripoff artists!

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."-George Washington

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 3:25 am

GoG is doing a summer sale too. I've already bought way too many games just from that sale alone. :P

Klowglas wrote:
I'm just gonna buy dead island riptide for me and a friend.

Actually hoping blizzard will also have a sale since i've yet to play starcraft 2 and diablo 3.

They won't. ActiBlizzard are greedy. They make the sort of games I would have no problem putting down $10 or $15 for, but they charge $40-$60 instead, even years after their initial release. GoG and Steam have spoiled me.

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2014, 5:02 am

Omg! I'm still recouping from GOG's sale!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 5:04 am

Zodai wrote:
The internet has declared that this years Steam summer sale starts on June 19th.

Well, the Internet needs to tell that to Valve, then.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 9:32 am

Right, then. Two hours and 30 minutes left.

http://steamdb.info/sales/

Author/Writer

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 3:59 pm

sweet, dead island riptide was amongst the first games to have a flash sale. :D

Only sad is that my friend doesn't feel like playing it yet, will hafta wait till he's in the mood then.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 4:14 pm

Anything good? I'm considering to skip it entirely this year. Since I don't have Steam nor a good enough internet connection to download anything. Also it means I can use more time for making my own games :D

BartonJohanson
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2014, 4:50 pm

Just bought 3 semi-retro games for $10. :D

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 1:29 am

morslilleole wrote:
Anything good? I'm considering to skip it entirely this year. Since I don't have Steam nor a good enough internet connection to download anything. Also it means I can use more time for making my own games :D

Well, they have the half-life collection available for 10$. Witcher 1 and 2 combined is only 6$.

That's a lot of gaming right there xD

Just act fast~

Author/Writer

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 5:11 am

*knocks back an arrow and holds it steady*

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 7:25 am

Bought Witcher 2, I did.

Then found out it has the control scheme from Hell. I mean, just.... what. What kind of crazed maniac came up with that? I've seen some bad ones, but.... few are as bad as that. And targeting that doesnt appear to actually work.

Got frustrated quickly, went back to Goat Simulator, which is always good for when I'm getting aggravated. It's hard for me to stay angry when doing that one. I'll somehow fix the Witcher later, possibly. Not sure.

Other than that.... hmm. Maybe not buying as much as I thought I would. It's occurred to me that there isnt much TO buy.... so far every conceivable thing on there that I could want, I already have. A side-effect of my extremely-frequent purchases during non-sale times.

This game "Divinity" looks good though.... I might try that one later.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 9:11 am

Zodai wrote:
Well, they have the half-life collection available for 10$. Witcher 1 and 2 combined is only 6$.

That's a lot of gaming right there xD

Just act fast~

I already have most Half-Life games ( Orange Box ) But yeah.. I have an upcoming interview I need to prepare for. No new games until then =/

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 11:12 am

Misery wrote:
Bought Witcher 2, I did.

Then found out it has the control scheme from Hell. I mean, just.... what. What kind of crazed maniac came up with that? I've seen some bad ones, but.... few are as bad as that. And targeting that doesnt appear to actually work.

Got frustrated quickly, went back to Goat Simulator, which is always good for when I'm getting aggravated. It's hard for me to stay angry when doing that one. I'll somehow fix the Witcher later, possibly. Not sure.

Other than that.... hmm. Maybe not buying as much as I thought I would. It's occurred to me that there isnt much TO buy.... so far every conceivable thing on there that I could want, I already have. A side-effect of my extremely-frequent purchases during non-sale times.

This game "Divinity" looks good though.... I might try that one later.

Hm, I played witcher 2 and never had any issues with controls. It's a really fun game with a great plot, I'd recommend trying to stick with it if you can. You can probably customize some of the controls also.