Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

AraleNorimaki
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2014, 8:30 pm

I have to 100% every game I play. It's so satisfying to completely master a game.

Are you like this?

And is there any game that you just could not or would not 100%? For me, that would be A Link Between Worlds' endless cucco minigame. I do not have the time or energy for that.

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

No, except every time I play Kirby 64, I make myself get all the Crystal Shards.

AraleNorimaki

06 Jul 2014, 8:51 pm

HamtaroCappy wrote:
No, except every time I play Kirby 64, I make myself get all the Crystal Shards.

Well, of course. It's the only way you get to fight the awesome final boss!

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 4:37 am

ME!! ! Nothing infuriates me more than unfinished/failed quest entries in the quest log.

... which is why I am completely infuriated by those modern games where "100 percent completion" or similar requires you to perform completely irrelevant, repetitive and/or boring tasks.

Some of the worst (I gave up on both):

- The drinking game in "Watch Dogs" :evil: :evil: :evil:
- The Butterfly/Chocobo Race games in Final Fantasy X :evil: :evil: :evil:

Some of the 100 percent completion quests in GTA: San Andreas could be tough, but I at least found them funny. After all, you get to do parallel parking, Blues Brothers style 8).

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 5:46 am

Me...until games included online content...which I can't do because I don't have broadband access.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm

I try to, but I lack the skill, patience and luck to do so inmost games :(

I have gained 100% in many Zelda games ( all the older ones anyways...can't get all rings in Oracles, keep missing 1 Kinstone fusion in Minish Cap, can't beat rollgoal for the final lure in Twilight Princess & hate the DS games & Skyward Sword to bother with 100% ), a few Metroid games, Kirby 64, Kirby Super Star, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby's Adventure, some Ratchet & Clank games, Pikmin and the original Jak & Daxter come to mind...also Saints Row 3 & 4 ( including DLC ) and Sleeping Dogs are probably my proudest 100% completions. There have been other games but I can't think of them at the moment...

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 11:50 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
I try to, but I lack the skill, patience and luck to do so inmost games :(

I have gained 100% in many Zelda games ( all the older ones anyways...can't get all rings in Oracles, keep missing 1 Kinstone fusion in Minish Cap, can't beat rollgoal for the final lure in Twilight Princess & hate the DS games & Skyward Sword to bother with 100% ), a few Metroid games, Kirby 64, Kirby Super Star, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby's Adventure, some Ratchet & Clank games, Pikmin and the original Jak & Daxter come to mind...also Saints Row 3 & 4 ( including DLC ) and Sleeping Dogs are probably my proudest 100% completions. There have been other games but I can't think of them at the moment...

t^h^i^s^, every zelda and metroid game i play i have to get 100 peecent or else i just get this nagging feeling in the back of my head even long after i "beat" it.
not a big fan of the ds games either (spirit tracks was the least bad of the two) but i 100%ed them both.
also rollgoal is impossible for me! i have TP on the wii and the damn thing is so extemely sensitive (i have wiimotionplus)i cannot even beat the first level! i'd rather play it on gamecube.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 12:41 am

I usually dont.

I have very little patience, and if I dont have a practical use/need for an item, I dont bother with it, because what's the point?

Like in the JRPGs that I used to play. There was always some "ultimate weapon" or other, but as damn near all JRPGs are pretty easy, I never, ever bothered with these. The game is already easy enough as it is.... doesnt need to get worse.

The exception is when a game has some massive unlockable something that can only be gotten by getting 100%. That's pretty annoying, but I'll sometimes do it in that case.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm

I love to experience all the content a game has to offer, so I'm usually going for 100%. However, this leads to unfinished games, most notably the Final Fantasy series, where the amount and style of side-quests is tedious/and or boring. Or just plain impossible sometimes.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2014, 2:25 am

Personally no with the exception of Kingdom Hearts FREAKING SYNTHESIS!! !!

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:43 am

Nooooo. I get bored of games so easily, even the ones I love, that I never even beat them 95% of the time, let alone complete them 100%, It's a feat for me to actually play a game long enough that I finish the main story campaign.

Although I will admit, I mainly play older titles, so a lot of them came out way before the trend of having 6-hour-long interactive movie-style campaigns. I prefer games where you actually have to use some skill, rather than ones where you sit through lots of cutscenes, button-mash through QTEs, and shoot generic terrorists with poor AI in linear corridors disguised as streets.

Andrew09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2014, 9:33 pm

Yes but not like real completionist if I like a game I feel compelled to 100% it but only my favorite games get to 100% and then I do it again Fallout 3 I completed at least 7 times.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 10:50 am

If it's a game that i really enjoy playing like almost every Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy and some RPGs i can't stop until i complete 100%.