Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Sep 2014, 7:50 pm

I can't believe no-one's made a thread about this! Such a wonderful thing to exist. I'm so glad that it does :)

So many songs that I love made it in - FFVII Theme; Fighting Fate; Crazy Chocobo - and I've been blessed to discover great songs that I've never heard, too! It's fair to say that Theatrhythm really ignites my interest in the Final Fantasy series.

And I appreciate the characters a lot; Lightning's cold disposition in her home game makes her even more precious in this iteration :) and they're always jumping for joy about something! I think I could really take a page out of their book (that is, I could learn from them).

Gush about the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy series here! Which of your all-time favourites were you happy to find included in any of the games? Which characters do you like?

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 11:12 pm

I LOVE those games! My sister actually just bought the new one, Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

Favorite FF songs I'm glad made the cut for the games:

Celes' Theme
Terra's Theme
FFVII Battle
Fight On! ( FFVII Boss Theme )
Suteki Da Ne
Fight With Seymour
One Winged Angel
Sabin & Edgar ( Figaro Castle )
Eyes On Me
Man With The Machine Gun
Blackjack
that FFXIII battle theme...not sure of the title
Chocobo Theme ( don't care which version, I love the song PERIOD )
Melodies Of Life
Otherworld
Sunleth Waterscape

...that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 6:38 am

Curtain Call is SO GOOD!
Almost cried while playing songs from FF IV, VIII and XII.
The gameplay is simple and challenger enough, the graphics are weird but fit for the game and the nostalgic feeling that the game causes is unreal.
I'm in love with it.

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2014, 11:13 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
I LOVE those games! My sister actually just bought the new one, Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

Favorite FF songs I'm glad made the cut for the games:

Celes' Theme
Terra's Theme
FFVII Battle
Fight On! ( FFVII Boss Theme )
Suteki Da Ne
Fight With Seymour
One Winged Angel
Sabin & Edgar ( Figaro Castle )
Eyes On Me
Man With The Machine Gun
Blackjack
that FFXIII battle theme...not sure of the title
Chocobo Theme ( don't care which version, I love the song PERIOD )
Melodies Of Life
Otherworld
Sunleth Waterscape

...that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

You and your sister have good taste! I can tell that #6 is a favourite with you :) Man With The Machine Gun is one of my favourites too! Do you reckon there's some way of getting Theatrhythm content over to Curtain Call? I'd really like to have Eyes On Me :D

Andrejake wrote:
Curtain Call is SO GOOD!
The gameplay is simple and challenger enough, the graphics are weird but fit for the game and the nostalgic feeling that the game causes is unreal.
I'm in love with it.

There's a man after my own heart (you're a lot like me) :) I myself wept when I saw that they put Melodies Of Life in! #4 is the first Final Fantasy game I ever played, and it has a special place in my heart. Which songs are your favourites? Your English is excellent! :)

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 10:32 am

Curtain Call has every song from the original ( including all the DLC songs ) plus a ton of new ones, totaling roughly 220 songs. No need to worry about owning both games or transferring anything....though my sister told me the original's EMS songs are now FMS, which seems odd to me ( she specified Celes's Theme from VI as an example )

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 10:23 pm

BeauZa wrote:
Andrejake wrote:
Curtain Call is SO GOOD!
I'm in love with it.

There's a man after my own heart (you're a lot like me) :) I myself wept when I saw that they put Melodies Of Life in! #4 is the first Final Fantasy game I ever played, and it has a special place in my heart. Which songs are your favourites? Your English is excellent! :)

Thank you!
You can count almost the entire library of XII as my favorites, and i must confess that songs from XIV may not be classics because the game is new but those songs are really awesome!
Some special songs that comes to my mind (i may be forgeting some)
Torn from the Heavesn (XIV)
Under the Weight (XIV)
Battle with the Four Fiends (IV)
The Final Battle( IV)
Theme of Love (IV)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV
The Airship (IV)
Let the Battles Begin! (VII)
Resting Place (X-2)
One-Winged Angel (VII)
Don't be Afraid (VIII)
The Man with the Machine (VIII)
Find Your Way (VIII)
Blue Fields (VIII)
Ending Theme (VIII)
Final Battle (X)
Zarnakand (X) -I'm learning to play this one on my keyboard because it's one of the most beautiful songs of the entire series in my opinion!
Sound of the Wind (Christal Chronicles)
Those Who Fight (VII)
The Price of Freedom (VII CC)
Heart of Chaos (XIII)
Dead Dunes (XIII - LR)

Well, i think i can spend some time on this list, so i'll stop here haha

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 11:35 am

Turns out I was mistaken....I could have sworn they put Eyes On Me from VIII in the games but apparently not. They did, however, include the Japanese version of Thousand Words from X-2 in Curtain Call. Also Dancing Mad, and music from Crisis Core, Type-0, Mystic Quest, Crystal Chronicles, Chocobo's Dungeon and Tactics.

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2014, 7:37 pm

oh! this is one of my favorite games! i got all my characters to lvl 99 and i'm working on getting SSS score on everything. i even bought a 3ds xl especially for curtain call. however i still havent bought it....i might ask my dad to take me to the store tonight for it. i downloaded the demo and it was fun! even though only two songs. the only thing i didnt like so much was now, on the green notes when you hold down, it seems different. easier for me to mess up :tongue:

so far i like playing (on theathrhythm) "something to protect" from IX (my favorite ff series), "man with the machine gun", "the sunleth waterscape", and basically all of them! i love music so much, so music games are very fun for me. my favorite characters are vivi, warrior of light, cecil, kain. i found a character strap of the warrior of light at a comic store and i bought it! very cute. maybe i'll post a picture.