Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

loilkas
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2014, 11:53 am

My computer (in my opinion) is really good, yet it cant run Sonic generations, I dont really know why.
It can run it but there is soo much lag.
Here are my computer specs:
Memory: 7.0 Gib
Processor: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics x 4
Graphics Unknown
Os type: 64-bit
Disk: 976.9 GB

Thanks

SweetTooth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2014, 12:24 pm

Nice computer :) The "Graphics unknown" is a bit worrying. Isn't your graphics card the same as the "Radeon(tm) HD Graphics" that sits on your APU? Is this APU fully recognised by your OS? I would start by making sure that the latest drivers for it are installed, hardware acceleration is enabled, and the game is set to use hardware acceleration as well. The last two things seem crucial to me.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2014, 1:23 pm

It's almost certainly your graphics, as the above poster states. Your graphics hardware is usually the most important piece of hardware when gaming and the first to cause a bottleneck, and if you are using the on-chip graphics in your processor then that would be the cause.

There's an easy way to identify your hardware. Open the start menu and type 'dxdiag' (without apostrophes) into the search bar. Press enter and click either option at the prompt, then wait for a window to pop up. Your graphics hardware should be listed under the display tab.

After you know what graphics hardware you're using you should install the latest drivers for it and try again with the lowest settings and resolution that you can cope with, but keep in mind that it might be a hardware limitation that you can't overcome without buying a new card.

PS. It's a shame that you can't run it because Sonic Generations is a really good game and the port doesn't have any specific problems with performance afaik :(

loilkas
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

I cant do that right now because I am using linux, I will install Windows tomorrow.
I was not trying to get Sonic generations on linux it is just past experiences.

loilkas
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2014, 10:12 am

Almajo88 wrote:
It's almost certainly your graphics, as the above poster states. Your graphics hardware is usually the most important piece of hardware when gaming and the first to cause a bottleneck, and if you are using the on-chip graphics in your processor then that would be the cause.

There's an easy way to identify your hardware. Open the start menu and type 'dxdiag' (without apostrophes) into the search bar. Press enter and click either option at the prompt, then wait for a window to pop up. Your graphics hardware should be listed under the display tab.

After you know what graphics hardware you're using you should install the latest drivers for it and try again with the lowest settings and resolution that you can cope with, but keep in mind that it might be a hardware limitation that you can't overcome without buying a new card.

PS. It's a shame that you can't run it because Sonic Generations is a really good game and the port doesn't have any specific problems with performance afaik :(

You said install the latest drivers, how do I do that.

Btw does anyone know what this is?

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 1:36 pm

loilkas wrote:

Oh, that? I dunno. Seems like a pirated disc at first glance. Maybe I don't remember if it's an official product. :/