FFIX was said to be a lighter Final Fantasy, but...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

...just look at this:

The game is full of scenes like this. War, genocide, and total destruction happen repeatedly in this game!

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 11:45 pm

Well, technically "lighter" just means that is not as heavy as the others, but it doesn't mean it's not "violent" at some level lol
On a side note the only FF that kinda shocked me with the violence is Type-0 and i haven't even played the game yet. I watched the trailers and saw some commentaries that the ending is really shocking (which i think i already predicted part of it just by the trailers).

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 5:31 pm

FFIX also uses brighter and lighter colors compared to dark gritty serious presentation that was FFVII and VIII.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2015, 5:48 am

Absolutely. It may have been lighter in tone and design, but the story went to surprisingly dark places and was not without its profound moments. Final Fantasy IX is actually my favorite in the series. It wasn't just a game to me, but a personal journey--up there with Xenosaga Episode I and Donkey Kong Country 2 as an experience that seriously affected me. It will always hold a special place in my collection.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...