Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 9:48 pm

Unfortunately I found the game too hard, or I probably would have enjoyed it. :)

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 11:38 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
I'd rent it first to make sure you like it.

I'm sure Blockbuster wouldn't have it.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 11:53 pm

RedMage wrote:
Wolfpup wrote:
I'd rent it first to make sure you like it.

I'm sure Blockbuster wouldn't have it.

Yeah, maybe not. I just realized...this must mean they have Blockbuster's in Australia too. That company really is huge!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 1:54 am

And crap. Well, it's crap here.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 2:06 am

Yeah, I don't think anyone really like it here much either.

I've used a company called Gamefly, that lets you pay a fairly low monthly fee to rent games (between 1 and 3 out at a time, depending on how much you pay). They've got a huge selection, and it works out to be a lot cheaper than Blockbuster if you play games a lot.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:10 pm

My friends across the street got it - looks great but unfortunately its one of those things where I think I could only play it for a couple hours per sitting without getting a migraine. Still, very innovative...

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 1:09 pm

I'm playing it right now but I think I'll give up. This game is probably the biggest dissapointment ever in my gaming experience. I had such high expectations...I mean, the graphic style is awesome, but I find the gameplay boring and frustrating as hell, in particular the frequent lack of clear direction and the tons of dialogue (to make it even more heavy they are in English). I mean, I play games to DO something, to get a sense of excitment, not to listen to endless dialogues, I could read a comic or a book if that was the purpose. In a few words: beautiful but boring.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 1:21 am

I'm glad I'm not the only person who was frustrated by it. The art looked amazing of course, and I *wanted* to like it, but I gave up within a few hours, and never had much fun with it.

Last edited by Wolfpup on 12 Jun 2009, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

Bought it not long after it had come out,it was a very rare game then to find,but had heard about it on game central.
Some faults had had with the game,was the controls-with doing the celestial brushes,very difficult to have to get it as perfect as the game wanted it,especially with the wonky/delayed response from the dual shock II.
And though the graphics were awesome,it was sometimes very hard to see some shapes/objects etc because the view was too far back,it took away some of the detail.
Okami originally started out as a three d game,as they show the artwork in the awesome okami complete works book [never got released here,but sister imported it for am from play asia],the PSII supposedly didn't have enough power for what they wanted, so
changed it to the japanese style,the three d style looked out of place.

But had no major problems with it,apart from one-the way capcom had shut clover studios not long after Okami release,leaving Okami to never have a sequel,dont think they'll ever sell it on to another developer.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 6:35 am

I've never been interested in that game :?

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 8:54 pm

Okami is one of my all time favorite video games. The graphics were incredible, like a painting in motion. I strongly prefer artsy graphics over realistic graphics, so I'm glad they didn't stick with the original graphic concept. The characters are cute, charismatic, and enjoyable to see and meet. The story has so many twists and turns, and is also a great homage to Japanese folklore. And the game play, although a mix of The Legend of Zelda, platformers, and action games, is a fun ride through a vast, adventurous world with puzzles, monsters, and epic boss fights. This game was also released in 2006, the same year as LoZ: TP, and I actually bought Okami as a way to prepare me for TP. In the end, I think Okami is WAY better than TP (I'm probably going to get flamed for this). I highly recommend ANYONE to at least give this gaming gym a try :D :D .

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2009, 11:23 pm

I was a good amount into the game, then my brother decided to be a massive jerk and trade it in. He doesn't understand gaming as an art form.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 8:53 am

Whoo hoo!! Recently bumped thread! XD
Beat the game a while back, but just now posting. Here's my two cents on Okami:

Pretty standard "do this, do that" plot/game progression - but well done. The plot was really straight forward - I never didn't know what to do next and, if I just happened to forget, Issun - in true teeny-glowy-Navi-like-companion style - dropped GIGANTIC hints by the handful and was more than happy to ceaselessly tell me where I should go -while I'm already headed there. Gotta love 'im. XD

The characters/plot were enjoyable and the controls, specifically the usage of the paintbrush inside and outside of fights, were interesting and not too difficult to get the hang of and pretty well integrated. Side quests were always an option on the side, never too related to the main plot which, in this case, I thought was nice. You could follow the plot and not end up getting roped into picking up a random villager's groceries before you fight the big boss. No specific area or battle (not even any of the major/big ones) was difficult to the degree that I got stuck on it for an inordinate amount of time. I could just plow right through the game, have fun and enjoy myself.

Obviously, the visuals 'twere very pretty as well. I especially liked the flower/grasses behind me when I ran fast.

I'd say it was satisfyingly long-ish, but I agree the gameplay was a bit too easy. Multiple difficulty levels/settings could have been nice so that the fights would be more challenging but, all-in-all, I thought it was quite enjoyable. Not necessarily the best game ever, but I'd consider pretty high-quality fun.
I wasn't bored (for the most part) while playing and, hey, I had a fantastic time. And that's always nice to come by. (:

ihitterdal wrote:
I was a good amount into the game, then my brother decided to be a massive jerk and trade it in. He doesn't understand gaming as an art form.

Oh no, sadness! I'm sorry to hear that. ):
I feel your pain. A few years back, my little sister traded in Luigi's Mansion right before I fought King Boo.