Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 12:31 pm

With my son. Printed out some paper figures to use as minis, and some hex sheets...

We did a Melee duel and Wizard duel after homework was finished last night. I won the melee with my agile character eventually skewering his tank in plate armor. Then my two wizards were eaten by the armored goon he had supporting his wizard...

A fun evening.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 6:29 pm

Sounds pretty neat, might be fun for a one-off thing. Seems kind of weird to have the one empty arena and no backstory, though. I guess you'd have to come up with that stuff yourself.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 11:01 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Sounds pretty neat, might be fun for a one-off thing. Seems kind of weird to have the one empty arena and no backstory, though. I guess you'd have to come up with that stuff yourself.

You're right, it's a very spare, stripped down system--you can bring as much to it as you want and there are also the Advanced Melee, Advanced Wizard and In the Labyrinth rules to expand, or the Dark City Games Legends/Time & Space/Untamed West expansions to work with...

We printed up some hex/megahex maps and some paper minis so we were palying in a custom arena with cover in the form of trees and rocks here and there.

My son is running his own campaign using Chaosium's Basic Role Playing and has decided to pull the Melee/Wizard hex maps and the paper minis into his game. We made some sci-fi themed paper minis quickly from illustrations that he liked. :D