Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Trailer Released

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,404
Location: United States of America

14 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm


_________________
I am sick, and in so being I am the healthy one.


Misery
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,217

14 Jul 2015, 10:01 pm

....bah.

This one doesnt grab my interest at all like the others did.

That environment, to me.... does nothing. It actually looks REALLY cliche'd (and sparse and dull). I'd wondered just what the "nightmare" animatronics were going to prove to be, and now it looks like.... they're meant to actually be part of someone's nightmare (or the sort of situation in which some kid would HAVE a nightmare), which is... boring. Particularly in that house. Ugh. I miss the restaurants already. Heck, even the moments when their freaky faces popped up, that also seemed cliche'd, because it's like "Oh gee... I *wonder* (sarcastically) if one of them is going to pop out of that closet?" and then of course they did. Feh.

I've a feeling this entry in the series is only going to irritate me.



Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,404
Location: United States of America

14 Jul 2015, 11:34 pm

Misery wrote:
....bah.

This one doesnt grab my interest at all like the others did.

That environment, to me.... does nothing. It actually looks REALLY cliche'd (and sparse and dull). I'd wondered just what the "nightmare" animatronics were going to prove to be, and now it looks like.... they're meant to actually be part of someone's nightmare (or the sort of situation in which some kid would HAVE a nightmare), which is... boring. Particularly in that house. Ugh. I miss the restaurants already. Heck, even the moments when their freaky faces popped up, that also seemed cliche'd, because it's like "Oh gee... I *wonder* (sarcastically) if one of them is going to pop out of that closet?" and then of course they did. Feh.

I've a feeling this entry in the series is only going to irritate me.


I was thinking some of the same things. I personally was expecting the location to be an abandoned warehouse. As for the cliche pop-up locations, yeah, the closet is too predictable. Under the bed? overdone. I was cracking jokes with my brother earlier about what if one came out of the toilet in the bathroom. I also don't see any potential for getting anymore hidden lore backstory like the others had. Maybe the phone calls come from a friend or a relative, maybe we'll get some background scares like if there's a television, you might catch a haunting easter egg or two like one of the animatronics watching tv static in their slumped position or the television showing a series of gruesome splitsecond images. Anything to give backstory or give some insight on the animatronics behavior. Still, I can at least make sense of why a house. Fact one: Fnaf 3 bad ending is canon otherwise, why would the animatronics come back as phantoms in the third game? After Fazbear's Fright burned down, whatever survived was sold in an auction. We play as a poor soul who purchased these mementos unknowing of the true dark history of the old Fazbear restaurant chain. Who are we playing as? In the other games, you can see drawings of children describing their visit to Freddy's Fazbear's Pizza. Some drawings involve this fat kid in a green shirt. Each drawing he comes back older and older meaning he loved the place so much that he kept coming back over the years. In Mangle's Quest, we play as Mangle in the guy's house. He fatter and balder and still wearing a green shirt. He probably took in Mangle as his first memento and then Mangle sprang to life and he starts freaking out. 2 scenarios how this will end. One, the guy gets rid of the animatronics after night 6 or two, we'll be playing out his last 5 or 6 nights on Earth. Until the full game is released, this is just speculation.


_________________
I am sick, and in so being I am the healthy one.


Misery
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,217

15 Jul 2015, 1:58 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Misery wrote:
....bah.

This one doesnt grab my interest at all like the others did.

That environment, to me.... does nothing. It actually looks REALLY cliche'd (and sparse and dull). I'd wondered just what the "nightmare" animatronics were going to prove to be, and now it looks like.... they're meant to actually be part of someone's nightmare (or the sort of situation in which some kid would HAVE a nightmare), which is... boring. Particularly in that house. Ugh. I miss the restaurants already. Heck, even the moments when their freaky faces popped up, that also seemed cliche'd, because it's like "Oh gee... I *wonder* (sarcastically) if one of them is going to pop out of that closet?" and then of course they did. Feh.

I've a feeling this entry in the series is only going to irritate me.


I was thinking some of the same things. I personally was expecting the location to be an abandoned warehouse. As for the cliche pop-up locations, yeah, the closet is too predictable. Under the bed? overdone. I was cracking jokes with my brother earlier about what if one came out of the toilet in the bathroom. I also don't see any potential for getting anymore hidden lore backstory like the others had. Maybe the phone calls come from a friend or a relative, maybe we'll get some background scares like if there's a television, you might catch a haunting easter egg or two like one of the animatronics watching tv static in their slumped position or the television showing a series of gruesome splitsecond images. Anything to give backstory or give some insight on the animatronics behavior. Still, I can at least make sense of why a house. Fact one: Fnaf 3 bad ending is canon otherwise, why would the animatronics come back as phantoms in the third game? After Fazbear's Fright burned down, whatever survived was sold in an auction. We play as a poor soul who purchased these mementos unknowing of the true dark history of the old Fazbear restaurant chain. Who are we playing as? In the other games, you can see drawings of children describing their visit to Freddy's Fazbear's Pizza. Some drawings involve this fat kid in a green shirt. Each drawing he comes back older and older meaning he loved the place so much that he kept coming back over the years. In Mangle's Quest, we play as Mangle in the guy's house. He fatter and balder and still wearing a green shirt. He probably took in Mangle as his first memento and then Mangle sprang to life and he starts freaking out. 2 scenarios how this will end. One, the guy gets rid of the animatronics after night 6 or two, we'll be playing out his last 5 or 6 nights on Earth. Until the full game is released, this is just speculation.



Alot of people were actually expecting that the 4th game was going to take place way before the events of the others, in the original restaurant, Fredbear's Family Diner, I think it was, or maybe was going to elaborate on the Bite of '87. This would have made sense to me. Or my other theory was that it might have to do with some "true" power behind the dead children's resurrection as the animatronics (there's always been the mystery of WHERE the Puppet got it's powers from), which seemed to me to be suggested by the distorted mess that you control in one of the minigames; that purple rabbit that seems like a really messed up version of Bonnie and goes all glitchy. The glitchiness seemed to symbolize that he wasnt actually meant to be in THIS world at all (which might also explain the phase-shifting that he could do in the minigame), and possibly that the 4th game might go into what in the hell was behind that, if he or something related to him was the real power behind it all. The distorted and messed up "nightmare" animatronics seemed to support that possibility as well. That was my own theory, anyway.



AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 211

18 Jul 2015, 12:08 pm

Is it full-on 1st-person like Slender, or do you just shift between backgrounds to simulate moving from room to room?



Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,404
Location: United States of America

23 Jul 2015, 8:01 pm

The game has just been released. I'm gonna watch Markiplier play it. Let me know your thoughts and reactions on whether or not you were impressed or disappointed on the final FNAF game.


_________________
I am sick, and in so being I am the healthy one.


Misery
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,217

24 Jul 2015, 12:59 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
The game has just been released. I'm gonna watch Markiplier play it. Let me know your thoughts and reactions on whether or not you were impressed or disappointed on the final FNAF game.



.....Scott really needs to NOT announce specific dates for his game releases.

I'm relatively certain that it is not Halloween right now, really.


The real question to me though: Where will he go from here? If this series is done, will he be able to continue being a developer, or will future games just not have anything near the popularity that this one had? And IS the series really done?