Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 11:57 am

I remember when I was playing Prototype 2, I noticed a military vehicle backing up against a church and then suddenly it gains traction so it drives up the building and then into space.

I even saved the screenshot.

Not sure if it posted correctly, but just open it in a new tab if it is blank.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 1:14 pm

Way back in the day when the Sega Channel still existed I was playing Road Rash 2 on my sister's Genesis. The biker ahead of me and the cop on the bike got into a fight and the cop lost. Just as he stopped rolling around on the road I ramped his head and flew past the biker that knocked him down.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 12:45 am

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl the Codec Easter egg dialogue when playing as Snake is often pretty funny. When Luigi is the opponent the Col. starts to troll him, and if it's Wario he warns Snake how Wario attacks by farting, when it's King Dedede, Snake keeps asking if he's a giant penguin, and when it's Yoshi, Snake asks Otacon if they can catch him and see what he tastes like, and Otacon is disgusted.

I thought it was weird at first when they made Solid Snake a character in Brawl because the Metal Gear games are rated M, and it felt as if they were crossing Mortal Kombat with Disney characters, but he quickly became my favorite character in Brawl. :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm

^My dad played as Snake all the time, but he never knew what he was doing, so Brawl became even more hilarious as a result. :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2016, 6:55 pm

Feyokien wrote:
And at that moment I looked at my brother and said, "100% Aids"

Lara has particularly heavy periods.

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 1:07 pm

It happened in Bushido Blade 2

Sometimes in games a characters programming results in death in the most ridiculous ways. While it's fully acknowledged that they cannot help but act as they are instructed through their coding, it's still funny to joke about the idiotic displays they present to us from time to time. This is one such case.

Way back playing as the red ninja "night stalker" I was involved in a duel with an opponent who I defeated. In that game, when an opponent is defeated a cutscene kicks in by default. Each respective character has their own unique victory dance/stunt whatever they do to celebrate killing an opponent. Well, night stalker's happens to be one of the most dramatic of victory celebrations. Which, I suppose, is to be expected being a bright red ninja. This extreme show off move was a double back handspring followed up with a sword stance. So here's where things get very stupid, very quickly. The problem happened when my character (at the time of victory) happened to have his back facing a cliff with the edge of the cliff only a few feet away from where he was standing. But did that stop him from showing off post-duel and qualifying for a Darwin award in the process?

No. Of course not. He performed his double back handspring anyway... right off the cliff, in the cutscene!

Here's a picture of the deceased show off:

Best Ninja ever!

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Feb 2016, 8:20 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Playing Half Life 2 first time round, I was having all sorts of trouble with the Myrmidont, some kind of gigantic version of the antlions. During my seventh or eighth attempt to defeat it, the creature tossed me into the air with a headbutt, and I landed on an otherwise inaccessible ledge. The Myrmidont, which had no projectile weapons, couldn't touch me up there and I was able to pick it off at leisure with a shotgun. You could attempt to make that happen over 100 times and would never succeed. Still felt afterwards that I hadn't 'properly' defeated it.

If it's what I think it is, the Antlion guardian, then that's probably easier than you made it out to be. I believe that area is littered with explosive barrels and other debris. Use the gravity gun and you can defeat it rather easily using the surrounding environment. Alternatively, you can get in a few decent shots with the shotgun and the secondary grenade on the SMG (assuming you have any left, of course). Combine (no pun intended) both, and you'll be able to take it down easily. Just in case you wanted to go back and defeat it "properly" this time. :wink:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 10:57 pm

When I played Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Feb. 29th, Isabelle on the screen mentioned how it was a leap day. Then she asked what we had planned to celebrate it, then she exclaimed "Nothing?!" as if I had just told her. Then she decides to just wish me a Happy Leap Day.

Isabelle is a real party animal. She'll even plan parties for little things I've put in the town, like a fire hydrant or a lamp post. Well she is a dog, so maybe... nah!~ :lol:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 11:36 am

DeepHour wrote:
Playing Half Life 2 first time round, I was having all sorts of trouble with the Myrmidont, some kind of gigantic version of the antlions. During my seventh or eighth attempt to defeat it, the creature tossed me into the air with a headbutt, and I landed on an otherwise inaccessible ledge. The Myrmidont, which had no projectile weapons, couldn't touch me up there and I was able to pick it off at leisure with a shotgun. You could attempt to make that happen over 100 times and would never succeed. Still felt afterwards that I hadn't 'properly' defeated it.

I actually got kicked onto a building (complete with a view of all the invisible textures) by a Strider. I recorded it too.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

FriendlyHougen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Mar 2016, 8:52 pm

Pretty much all of Pom Gets Wi-Fi.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 12:39 pm

The Artificial 'Intelligence' possessed by one's squad members in Medal of Honor: European Assault has to be seen to be believed. Not only do they run around like headless chickens, stand in front of tanks, machine guns and the like, and take ten efforts to shoot an enemy at point-blank range, but they're a positive menace to the player. In one recent session with this game, one of my squad produced a grenade and prepared to throw it towards the enemy. His aim was so appalling however that it bounced off a wall a few feet away, and landed at my feet, taking away almost all of my health. I thought that was just a freak occurrence, but on playing the same level shortly afterwards, a squad member did exactly the same thing at the same point in the game, with the same result. On another level in this game, instead of kicking away an enemy grenade which had landed near him, a squad member picked it up and threw it straight at me, killing me instantly. It is not possible to kill one's own squad in this game, unfortunately.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 9:03 pm

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 7:59 am

cthulhuhead
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2016, 1:57 pm

The following...just...just watch...

"NO."
-Weiss Schnee, Summing up her character.

"Instead of sweetheart, you can call me SIR."
-Yang Xaio Long, being a total BA.

-Discreetly hides book entitled "Ninjas of Love"...
Blake Belladona doesn't talk about that scene.

"Seeing new weapons is like meeting new people...only better..."
-Ruby Rose. Enough said.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 1:46 pm

Paper Mario TTYD had plenty of funny dialogue. Like the way the chef in Rogueport won't let you forget you broke one of her contacts even after you replace it and she cooks for you "Take it, Stompy!", or Goombella's reaction to Dupree's flirting, "Take a hike, Bozo the dork!", and the evil spirits in the boxes who are supposed to be all scary and curse you after you release them, but the so-called curse just helps you more in the game. And when Bowser hears Peach has been kidnapped, he asks, "Who would do something like that? Besides me?"

Shane-o
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2016, 11:41 pm

This was a record video by me while playing Battlefield 4 online :P