Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2015, 6:45 am

My top 3:

Ryu (Streetfighter series) Coolest badass warrior in gaming.

FemShep in Mass Effect 1-3(Esp. leveled up Vanguard. Just love biotic charge) Jennifer Hale is a better voice actress than Mark Meer, to be honest.

Siegfried (Soul Edge/Blade series)

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 1:48 pm

Cloud Strife [Final Fantasy VII]
Tifa Lockheart [Final Fantasy VII]
Samus Aran [Metroid]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

GoblinCandy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Dec 2015, 2:03 pm

Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)
Diddy (Donkey Kong)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)

Also, I like the Sonic games but I've always found Sonic to be a bit of a douche.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm

If Link went up against Cloud and Cloud was able to use Materia instead of just his Buster Sword, who do you think would win?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 3:39 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
If Link went up against Cloud and Cloud was able to use Materia instead of just his Buster Sword, who do you think would win?

I've always found the whole Link vs Cloud thing to be absurd because one of the characters is clearly designed to wipe the floor with the other. Cloud is very much a brute force power type who uses massive strength, defense, and in some weird cases overwhelming magic to obliterate his opponents. Link however is a versatility style hero who has a lot of little tricks up his sleeve to deal with almost any situation. Even with his materia, Cloud just can't match Link's versatility. The best way to deal with a character like Link is to find something he can't really defend against and use that to shut down his options. Sadly even the FF debuffs don't really help all that much as Link has been shown to have ways around some of them too such as time manipulation via the ocarina and the like. Now if Cloud could attack Link's mind, something the character has had issues with in the past he could easily overwhelm the Hylian.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 3:40 pm

What if Cloud used a Manipulate Materia? :scratch:

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm

Ramza/Delita - Final Fantasy Tactics

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 5:12 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
What if Cloud used a Manipulate Materia? :scratch:

That would only help if it actually works and unfortunately I'm inclined to think the Triforce of Courage would prevent or override direct manipulation. Throwing Link into a world of phantasms of just subtly messing with his perceptions would work because he either can't or wouldn't think to mentally fight back. Trying to outright control his mind however would cause him to directly fight the control and usually it's in those scenarios that the ToF starts to goes deus ex machina on everything.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm

^That's true...Meh. Maybe i'm just bias because I like Cloud best.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 6:50 am

Captain Falcon (Smash bros melee, they completely nerfed him in the later games)
Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 6:26 pm

Link, has been since early 2000.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 8:20 pm

^*stares at your avatar* I can tell! :lol:

Astro77
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2015, 1:19 am

There are so many I can think of that I really like. I think my favorite is Glados from Portal.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 1:53 am

1st, Bridget, from the Guilty Gear series. He's almost a special interest on his own. I do a cosplay of him, even.

2nd, Misery from Cave Story. Should be a tad obvious that I like this character. I have no idea if it shows on forums but my personality IRL is very similar to hers which is one reason I use this name. Lost count of how many times I've been told that the name is fitting.

3rd, Noel Vermillion from Blazblue. I hadnt thought I was going to like her much at all at the start, but she really grew on me quickly. And then there's that original outfit of hers... dont like the newer one quite as much, but that's fine.

J0hnMorgan
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2015, 7:39 am

It's The Nameless One from Planescape: Torment

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 5:10 am

I'd also say my Shepard (or "FemShep" from all 3 Mass Effects), who I named Vala.

Lee Everett from The Walking Dead Season One.

Cortana and Sgt. Johnson from Halo.