is anyone interested in playing sfv?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

shan780
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2016, 6:50 pm

^

this is my first street fighter game
i've always watched videos of street fighter, but, by that time, i felt it was too late for me to get in to sfiv
if you're interested, hit me up on steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/snaaaaaaaake/

alternatively, you can add me using my street fighter ID if you're on ps4 (this game has cross play!)- Captain_Jones

my timezone is GMT, but it's the weekend so i can make time to play.

i'd also be willing to play smash 4 (i have a 3ds and a wii u)- my nnid is shan780

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 8:18 pm

Smash, maybe. I do play that, but it's been awhile... I'd have to figure out where in the world my controller for that game went. Gotta be around here somewhere...

But SF5.... I'm not supporting what Capcom did with that release by buying it. I'm tired of giving companies money for doing bloody stupid things. Maybe a year or two down the line, but even then... I dont really want to give that company any money.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm

There's no single-player. How am I supposed to get good at certain characters with no single-player? I can't just do an online match only to end up fighting someone who's better at the game than I am and I just started. Refund.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 9:07 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
There's no single-player. How am I supposed to get good at certain characters with no single-player? I can't just do an online match only to end up fighting someone who's better at the game than I am and I just started. Refund.

These days, *always* research games before buying them. So as not to have to go through the trouble of dealing with refunds.

Really, this crap is getting out of hand lately. These big companies just keep pulling this crap. And already, there are HORDES of fanboys trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to defend what Capcom has done here. It's pathetic.

I know Capcom is a really nasty company these days. But this is a bit ridiculous, even for them.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 9:45 pm

Misery wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

These days, *always* research games before buying them. So as not to have to go through the trouble of dealing with refunds.

Really, this crap is getting out of hand lately. These big companies just keep pulling this crap. And already, there are HORDES of fanboys trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to defend what Capcom has done here. It's pathetic.

I know Capcom is a really nasty company these days. But this is a bit ridiculous, even for them.

The market is being flooded with unfinished games like it's normal now. This is unacceptable.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 10:12 pm

Sadly, there's nothing to stop them from doing it. People keep buying things like this (and NOT returning them upon finding the problems), and they also keep defending things like this... so these nasty companies keep getting fed. So you either get incomplete stuff like this, or other tricks (like that time they tried to lie about the "DLC" that was ON THE DISC with SF X Tekken), or you just get them chopping up games and trying to sell pieces seperately.

There was a time, way back when, when this sort of crap would not have flown. When no publisher would have considered doing this... at least, not if they wanted to stay in business. But now... ugh. Crap like this is why I mostly just do indie games these days. I cant remember the last time a AAA game did not disappoint or anger me.

But at least there's still games like Smash. I gotta hand it to Nintendo: They've thus far resisted doing any of this crap. Smash was EXACTLY what they said it'd be, and more. I used to really dislike Nintendo, but these days... that's pretty much reversed.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 7:26 am

Yeah, I was so looking forward to SFV until I read some early reviews criticising the lack of single player modes. I'll probably wait a few months until they add them in. USFIV will still keep me busy, though.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)