Crossover Video Games That Would be Awesome

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 4:11 pm

Hi all.

I'm making this thread because that Mario + Rabbids crossover game seems to be pretty popular despite (or perhaps because of) its ridiculousness. In this thread, let's talk about other video game crossovers that we want to see.

In my opinion, the crossover that we need more than any other is a Pokémon + Star Wars crossover. I'm saying this because there is a huge overlap between Pokémon fans and Star Wars fans. Both Pokémon and Star Wars have experienced a new surge of popularity lately. Also, there are more similarities between Pokémon and Star Wars than you might think.

- Even since Return of the Jedi, there have been kid-appeal monsters in nearly every Star Wars movie. They might as well be putting Pokémon in Star Wars at this point.
- Star Wars in now owned by Disney. Pokémon was always owned by Nintendo, which has always been the Disney of video games.
- Both Pokémon and Star Wars are no stranger to wacky crossovers. Pokémon have appeared in Smash Bros. Star Wars characters have appeared in various crossover fighting games.
- Both series draw heavily from mythology and Eastern philosophy.
- The tone difference isn't that vast, as the Pokémon games can get pretty dark at times.
- Both Pokémon and Star Wars contain an odd mix of the traditional and the futuristic.
- Psychic Pokémon? The Force? What's the difference?
- Luke Skywalker and Ash/Red are surprisingly similar. Both are kind hearted heroes who came from humble origins and were raised by single mothers. Both of them use the power of friendship to fight a clearly-defined evil and achieve greatness. Also, Giovanni was originally going to be Ash's/Red's biological father.
- Stormtroopers are similar to Rocket Grunts. In other words, they are both bafflingly incompetent.

See? It's practically the same series already! Crossover time!

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 1:01 pm

How about a Sonic and Mario crossover that doesn't have anything to do with the Olympic Games.

Sonic's Scenario:
Sonic defeats Eggman yet again and Eggman is sent to another dimension. Later Sonic's world is being bombed by airships. Sonic goes against Bowser and the koopalings and they are defeated.

Mario's scenario:
Mario has just brought back Princess Peach from Bowser's castle when suddenly a mysterious Egg Mobile kidnaps her. Mario must fight roboticized versions goombas, koopas, and other Mario enemies as well as his brother Luigi and several Egg Mechs. Mario confronts Dr. Eggman and defeats him. Sonic shows up with a defeated Bowser.

Last Scenario:
Dr. Eggman met Bowser and made a bet that they could conquer each other's world better, but that failed. Eggman turns Bowser into a robot and then makes him giant. Sonic and Mario work together to defeat them both. Bowser is left unconscious while Eggman flees through a dimensional portal. Sonic and Mario shake hands and part ways. Eggman meets a pink round creature and makes a monologue about how he'll take over the world he's in without Sonic's interference. The pink creature taunts him and then Eggman pulls out a laser gun. The pink creature inhales the laser gun and then uses a laser power to chase Eggman and zap him in the butt.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:09 am

I remember having all sorts of ideas for a Starcraft/Command & Conquer crossover when I was younger, but I've forgotten most of them. I think it involved GDI allying with the Protoss and Terrans allying with Nod.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 12:19 am

I would really love to see a Fantasy Life game set in the Pokemon world where I could play different roles and switch between them. If some Rune Factory farm and caves could be mixed in as well, and Animal Crossing living, it'd be 100% perfect for me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 5:20 pm

Undertales of Eternia :D

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2018, 10:07 am

A Kingdom Hearts (Disney + Final Fantasy) that doesn't keep retconning itself just to advance an overrated Villain Sue's out-of-nowhere plans would be nice.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2018, 9:25 pm

-Metroid + Dead Space

-Legend of Zelda + Monster Hunter

-Sonic + Mega Man (besides the comic)

-Nintendo Vs. Capcom instead of Marvel Vs. Capcom

-Splatoon + Fortnite