Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2019, 9:44 am

which one do you like ? :)

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:47 pm

Too many to count.

The original Super Mario remains my absolute favorite.

But I also like alot of the more obscure games too. Air Fortress and Krazy Kreatures both occur to me right now. And Guardian Legend, which is probably one of the most ambitious things the console ever saw. Also *anything* made by Sunsoft. Yes, including Fester's Quest. I know the Nerd bashed the heck outta that one, but I always really liked it.

I also tend to really like alot of the console's really early games. Stuff like Clu-Clu Land and even Urban Champion.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:29 pm

I'm a fan of many older games including Atari, Nintendo and Sega.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:31 pm

guitarman2010 wrote:

He asked what games for NES you like, not which older systems in general you like.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:39 pm

80s and 90s NES games...as opposed to 1970s and 2000s NES games :roll:

Joke. Seriously, one of my all time favorites was Contra. Though a simple and straight-forward game, it was perfect for just messing around. Nothing too crazy, just shoot the aliens and try to get more guns. CONTRA!

Karnov was pretty cool too. I liked Legend of Zelda, but it required magazine hints to beat. And once you beat that game (both quests) it's like, no need to ever play it again.

What was the one with robots playing baseball? My friend had that one. Pretty interesting, it was both a sports/sci-fi game, the robots could do crazy things like pitch a ball super fast, and sometimes they'd fight each other.

There was also a driving game I liked, Rad Racer. It seemed high-tech compared to other NES games. Oh, and I can't forget Gauntlet. Probably one of my all-time favorites.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 2:24 am

Tetris, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid. No real surprises on my list; I really didn't play many NES games since I didn't grow up in that era and played them well after that era of gaming was over. All of these games have superior versions of them available nowadays anyway, and there's no reason to revisit the originals.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:28 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Tetris, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid. No real surprises on my list; I really didn't play many NES games since I didn't grow up in that era and played them well after that era of gaming was over. All of these games have superior versions of them available nowadays anyway, and there's no reason to revisit the originals.

Eh, depends. The idea of another version being superior is VERY subjective.

I look back on these older ones, and I will always always ALWAYS choose them over later things in the series, or even remakes such as Zero Mission (which I frankly didnt like). Particularly with Zelda. I liked the first few Zelda games... the two on the NES, the Gameboy one, and Link to the Past, with the very first one being my favorite of that group. I outright loathe damn near all of the rest of the series... the jump to 3D didnt sit well with me, not with Zelda anyway. Hell, I played through OOT just like everyone else.... exactly once. I wont do so again. I dont even know why I played through the entire thing in the first place, considering I didnt like it much. I must have been REALLY bored back then to have done that.

Kinda the same way with Metroid. I loved the first three games. And then the series vanished for a very long time. And when it came back... Metroid Prime, seriously? An FPS? Yeah, no. Hated those from the very start (not an FPS fan in most cases), though I did give them a try. Needless to say I dont do Metroid games anymore. As far as I personally am concerned, the series died entirely after Super Metroid and never came back. I did try Fusion too, but that one was linear and weird. Bleh.

Mario on the other hand is still just as good as ever (though I didnt like Galaxy much for whatever reason) but the very first game in the series still remains my favorite of all of them. Hard to explain just why without it taking forever, but some design elements changed between that game and the third that I kinda missed. Really though all the Mario games are darned good usually. But for me at least they still dont top the early ones.

Come to think of it though I STILL havent played Odyssey. I need to get around to that. Keep intending to pick it up, keep forgetting.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 10:41 am

I didn't mean sequels, I meant the same games redone, be they one of the many Tetris clones, remasters like the SNES collection of Super Mario Bros. games, the fan made project Zelda Classic, or the official remake Metro is Zero Mission.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 11:45 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I didn't mean sequels, I meant the same games redone, be they one of the many Tetris clones, remasters like the SNES collection of Super Mario Bros. games, the fan made project Zelda Classic, or the official remake Metro is Zero Mission.

Yeah, I know, I was counting those when I said that.

The SNES Mario remakes were okay, though the graphical style always grated on me a bit (and I have zero interest in graphics to begin with). Which is a problem, since the graphical upgrade was literally the only change to the games. The only reason I had it was to play the "Lost Levels", as they called it. Other than that... feh. Well, no, it did have the ability to save, but I still ended up just saying "screw it" and playing the originals.

Zero Mission was.... bleh. It kinda reminded me alot of the "remakes" of the very first Final Fantasy. Alot of graphical updates, but other than that (which I could not care less about) all it did was make the game way easier, which is a big "nope" for me. That and the whole zero-suit bit at the end, which I just pretend never happened. Dunno who thought that part was a good idea.

I dont know what Zelda Classic is.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 11:58 am

Ah, looking it up, I HAVE seen Zelda Classic before. Basically a "maker" style game, though less user friendly. Normally I like that sort of thing, but not for something as long as Zelda games are.

I've already got Mario Maker and Mega Maker, so.... feh.

Generally the main enhancement I actually do like for the original Zelda is the randomizer, which is more of a rom hack function, not a seperate game.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:49 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
guitarman2010 wrote:

He asked what games for NES you like, not which older systems in general you like.

You are absolutely right, I wasn't paying attention lol. In that case I like Zelda, Mario, Dragon Warrior, Double Dragon and a few ports of older arcade games

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2019, 9:08 am

post walkthroughs i like watching then

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2019, 5:13 pm

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av10903681.html

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker