Cant play a game without getting bored in the first hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Lucash121
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2019, 2:49 pm

As the title says: games make me bored. im going crazy with this, i cant find any game to play without getting extremely bored of it. What do i do? quit gaming? find new games (suggestions?).
edit1(i dont have a preference for games as long as they are fun)
edit2(this is also my first post in this forum. Hi everybody )

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 3:04 pm

It may be possible you're just a little burnt out. I have been playing Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition and Diablo and I find all those really fun but lately I haven't touched them.

I have been spending a bit more time on League of Legends, which I find fun...but there's a lot of toxic a**holes on that game so that is a downside.

Rainbow_Belle
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2019, 2:45 am

I stick to games that are single player only and avoid multiplayer games. I prefer exploring going at a leisurely pace more than the fast pace of online gaming. I mainly like open world, action/adventure and RPGs

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 3:06 am

I often don't play for longer than an hour anyway even with games I enjoy. But I play a lot of short form games like music rhythm games, shmups and puzzle games, which are often designed to be fun in short bursts.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 5:30 am

Welcome to the forums.

If you want to stay invested, would probably be a good idea to figure out what you are hoping for, what exactly you find fun. Such as whether you are looking for a game that provides you with a focused story, or one where you make your own fun. Whether you want something that is simple, or one that will challenge you needing to master it.

Such as I would sit down with Minecraft and spend hours doing fairly mindless tasks, taking time to plan out what to do with no real need for agency. Other times I play Sekiro where I need to treat every encounter with respect in learning how to adapt. Other times I play RPGs to create a role play as a particular character, there are a lot of different ways to play a game.

When I was younger I used to just play the Halo games so much that I had a lot of it down to memorization. I don't play nearly as much FPS now, and I usually find that I get a bit antsy with a game if I am not occupying some of my attention with a video at the same time as playing. I would maybe describe it as boredom if I have to put my entire attention on a game while do nothing else, so I set my tablet up and watch/listen to movie and game reviews, news stuff, maybe a lets player talking while playing their own game, or anything else I might find mildly interesting.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 12:25 am

I'm a Sims 2 player but I quickly grow bored of my Sims families. I have well over 100 Sims families and lots in my Sims neighbourhoods (I only have about 3 neighbourhoods), because I start a family, move them into a lot, play them for about a Sim week or less, then grow bored and create a new Sim family.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder