Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TuskenR
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2020, 10:41 am

Anyone looking forward to the release of The Last of Us Part II ?
What will you play it on PS,Xbox,PC ?
Did you read any of the spoilers that have been released and wish you hadn't?
I wish I hadn't read the spoilers as I think the shocks in the game will have less impact when playing.

Turn into doubts

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 6:25 pm

O.o
Last of us 2 is a PS4 exclusive anyone playing it will have to play it on PS4
I’ve heard it’ll will melt many people’s ps4s just like the first one melted ps3s
Glad I got s new ps4 pro but I’ll have to watch it’s temp and limit how long I play the game,

TuskenR
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jun 2020, 7:12 pm

Oh my mistake. For some reason I had it in my head that it would be on all platforms.
I haven't heard that the first one melted PS3's or that the 2nd one will melt PS4's - That is a worry if you're a hardcore gamer. Touch wood I haven't had any issues with my 1st and only PS3 , I've killed a lot of Xbox 360's though.
Does the PS4 have a temp gauge ?

Turn into doubts

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2020, 11:05 pm

I doubt that the first game itself actually caused hardware failures, it was probably old model PS3s — which were inherently prone to failure due to poor heat management — getting knocked out en masse by a popular game that pushed the hardware. PS4 consoles are well-engineered, they aren't going to fail like that.

That said I didn't like any of Naughty Dog's games since the first Jak & Daxter, and my experience playing Unchartered 1 was completely miserable, so I never played any more of their games...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 6:20 pm

charkie wrote:
I doubt that the first game itself actually caused hardware failures, it was probably old model PS3s — which were inherently prone to failure due to poor heat management — getting knocked out en masse by a popular game that pushed the hardware. PS4 consoles are well-engineered, they aren't going to fail like that.

That said I didn't like any of Naughty Dog's games since the first Jak & Daxter, and my experience playing Unchartered 1 was completely miserable, so I never played any more of their games...

They’ve said it causes the PS4 pro consoles fans to go on full blast and get super warm. The PS4 pro is newer and more powerful then a launch PS4. So if it cans cause pro to overheat then it will definitely not end well for launch ps4s or slims.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 9:29 pm

It's currently got a 96/100 on metacritic 8O

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 1:09 am

Noca wrote:

The first one did really well so I’d epexct same from this. Uncharted also were all really good.
I’m avoiding any reviews so I don’t get spoiled, hopefully it’s good and not another death stranding.

TuskenR
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2020, 10:50 am

sly279 wrote:
Noca wrote:

The first one did really well so I’d epexct same from this. Uncharted also were all really good.
I’m avoiding any reviews so I don’t get spoiled, hopefully it’s good and not another death stranding.

I loved the first one and the Uncharted series. I was looking forward for TLOUII but not now , I'll have to look forward to getting a PS4 first :lol:

Turn into doubts

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 8:11 am

sly279 wrote:
O.o
Last of us 2 is a PS4 exclusive anyone playing it will have to play it on PS4
I’ve heard it’ll will melt many people’s ps4s just like the first one melted ps3s
Glad I got s new ps4 pro but I’ll have to watch it’s temp and limit how long I play the game,

My PS4 Pro never had a problem with TLOU.
I'm hangin' for TLOU2.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 7:17 pm

So far no crazy fan speeds with my first gen PS4 pro.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:52 am

Noca wrote:

Mine either, but many people on reddit and YouTube say they are.

Do you keep your room cool with ac? I do when it’s warm enough outside to do so, so I wonder if thsts why or if there’s some other reason. My launch PS4 never was loud either.
But many others said theirs was as loud as a jet taking off.p(I think then over exaggerating it)

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
Noca wrote:

Do you keep your room cool with ac? I do when it’s warm enough outside to do so, so I wonder if thsts why or if there’s some other reason. My launch PS4 never was loud either.
But many others said theirs was as loud as a jet taking off.p(I think then over exaggerating it)

I keep my room at 23°C(73.4°F). Only time the fans spool up is when I minimize the game, but that is the case with every game.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 2:15 am

Noca wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Noca wrote:

I keep my room at 23°C(73.4°F). Only time the fans spool up is when I minimize the game, but that is the case with every game.

Mins in the 60s or below.
Is your area very humid?

My friend in the south has gone through few ps4. One died due to roaches in it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 11:05 pm

So how are you guys enjoying TLOUII?

Spoiler alert!

Did you know that <censored> was <censored>.
OMG!
I wasn't expecting that!

And there I was <censored, censored, censored> :mrgreen:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 11:48 pm

I am enjoying the game, maybe not at a super fast pace though, I just got bow.

I did kind of coming in knowing that the game may be sort of making a commentary about violence, so I should try and play nice to not cause unnecessary bloodshed. Managed to hold up well in think I was great in only killing infected, but it kind of feels like I lost that high ground at this point, and I know that there is a lot left. It was probably something like

killing a man and seeing his dog mourn him, before I killed the dog.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 2:34 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I am enjoying the game, maybe not at a super fast pace though, I just got bow.

I did kind of coming in knowing that the game may be sort of making a commentary about violence, so I should try and play nice to not cause unnecessary bloodshed. Managed to hold up well in think I was great in only killing infected, but it kind of feels like I lost that high ground at this point, and I know that there is a lot left. It was probably something like
killing a man and seeing his dog mourn him, before I killed the dog.

I literally laugh at the ultra-violence of the game,
Not because I enjoy it,
But because I am astounded how it reflects the easy-going nature of present-day society.

I remember when Grand Theft Auto caused such a stir,
To the point of "them" considering banning the game in Australia.

Social gaming attitudes have changed big time in the last 20-30 years. 8O

Nothin' to see here, move along. :mrgreen: