Page 6 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2023, 2:02 pm

Just like the OP, "I play all of my games on the easiest difficulty", too :D I'm also very afraid of all the game monsters :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2023, 9:25 pm

I get frustrated when I haven't set the difficulty high enough when I do a race. It kinda makes it feel pointless.

I did a race at Daytona and won by >17 seconds, which isn't a realistic margin so I did it again but harder and finished 14th, which felt a lot more satisfying even if it means I won't get a chance until I start the next season.

Oh well, there's always the summer race. :nerdy:

I kinda wish NHL 95 was harder too, so far Quebec has won all 56 games played so far in the season I'm doing. It needs difficulty levels.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2023, 10:23 am

I don't generally like Nintendo games. Forced myself to play through one of the 2D Mario games years back and didn't enjoy it. Tried Link to the Past and it just made me want to play Alundra instead.

Meanwhile I will enjoy even the bad Sonic games, so I guess growing up with a Mega Drive gave me Sega Brain.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 12:44 pm

I have never been impressed by the Call of Duty series that is so popular & I don't particularly enjoy online gaming.

I am mostly a solo gamer. 8)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 1:46 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I have never been impressed by the Call of Duty series that is so popular & I don't particularly enjoy online gaming.

I remember when the Call of Duty series was so popular that every other series wanted to be just like it in terms tone and gameplay. The market became so saturated that the FPS genre was nothing but military shooters.

Now, they all want to be like Fortnite.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 10:14 am

I like playing games on easy too. I have been challenging myself to play Silent Hill 3 on normal.

What a challenge....but I can do it!

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 7:47 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I remember when the Call of Duty series was so popular that every other series wanted to be just like it in terms tone and gameplay. The market became so saturated that the FPS genre was nothing but military shooters.

Yep. It was the thing to play & if you didn't you were missing out. :roll:

I've seen Youtube videos of it and it looks terrible.

I don't mind FPS's but if I had to pick a popular one, I'd go for something like the Halo series.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 7:47 pm

honeytoast wrote:
I like playing games on easy too. I have been challenging myself to play Silent Hill 3 on normal.

You can do it! :)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 7:57 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I don't mind FPS's but if I had to pick a popular one, I'd go for something like the Halo series.

I've never really gotten into the Halo series until recently and that's saying something since I played a lot of games on original Xbox. The lore is so massive, I wouldn't know where to begin. Thankfully, people have listed all Halo media in chronological order of events.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 8:13 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I've never really gotten into the Halo series until recently and that's saying something since I played a lot of games on original Xbox. The lore is so massive, I wouldn't know where to begin. Thankfully, people have listed all Halo media in chronological order of events.

I found it fun, as it has a science fiction reality rather than a boring land based reality and it has a good story. At least in the first few games.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 9:28 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I'm about 3/4 of the way through, so I"m getting close! Thank you.

~~~~

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 9:43 am

honeytoast wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Woohoo. Good luck with it all!

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2023, 10:50 am

honeytoast wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I recall that game is infamous for the hard puzzle difficulty setting. That first puzzle in the bookstore, for instance, gets turned into something that requires an extensive knowledge of Shakespeare to complete.

Also iirc the final area in SH3 is pretty cruel so have fun~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 12:00 pm

arekks wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I recall that game is infamous for the hard puzzle difficulty setting. That first puzzle in the bookstore, for instance, gets turned into something that requires an extensive knowledge of Shakespeare to complete.

With horror games like Silent Hill, I'm such a baby when it comes to it that I either screech a little and shoot it very dead, or get so spooked I have to pause the game for a bit.

I always had the puzzles on normal when I played through the games, none of them gave me any trouble. I got the revolving head puzzle where you reach Maria in the jailcell in one go without realizing it was a puzzle because I was still feeling the adrenaline from Pyramid Head. ((Never got his sword in that chase instance too LOL))

I watched a bit of harder gameplay and I got that puzzle since...I am one of those Shakespeare nerds.. :oops:

And of course, it would be cruel :lol: I just hope none of those weird duck crawling creatures show up, or the pendulum wasp things. Hate them..

~~~~

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2023, 12:22 pm

honeytoast wrote:
arekks wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

With horror games like Silent Hill, I'm such a baby when it comes to it that I either screech a little and shoot it very dead, or get so spooked I have to pause the game for a bit.

I always had the puzzles on normal when I played through the games, none of them gave me any trouble. I got the revolving head puzzle where you reach Maria in the jailcell in one go without realizing it was a puzzle because I was still feeling the adrenaline from Pyramid Head. ((Never got his sword in that chase instance too LOL))

I watched a bit of harder gameplay and I got that puzzle since...I am one of those Shakespeare nerds.. :oops:

And of course, it would be cruel :lol: I just hope none of those weird duck crawling creatures show up, or the pendulum wasp things. Hate them..

In general I have the opposite problem where I wish I could get scared of games like I did as a child BUT Silent Hill 2 is the one game that still scares me. There's the one room in the apartments where you find the dead guy in front of the TV, when you come back through it this violently aggressive, angry music plays like you're in EXTREME danger and you NEED to get out RIGHT NOW but there is in fact nothing there. I guess the mundanity of common life is scarier than any monster... or something like that. But I don't think any other game could make me afraid of Literally Nothing.

I read MacBeth once in school. I spent a while trying to remember if it was 'McBeth' or 'MacBeth' so you can assume my memory of the play is pretty limited, lol. The later puzzles are evil and also not dependent on prior knowledge iirc

The wasps are annoying largely because I hate wasps irl and the buzzing sound just inherently scares me. Almost feels cheap when the prior game was all psychological and 3 is like "here's a wasp. It wants to hurt you because it's a wasp."

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 12:54 pm

[quote="arekks"][/quote]

Out of the trilogy, Silent Hill 2 is my favorite. The ending made me SOB when Mary was reading the entire letter.

The fear of nothing is one of my favorite horror aspects too? If that makes sense. You do not know why you are scared, you cannot see beyond the void, you start to think of what could be in the shadows...and the music is BLARING. There is nothing. Your mind cannot comprehend ...space... It's like the backrooms if you have heard of them. You're wandering in an aimless, dimly lit office area. Nothing is there. It got popular and people created their own versions, and they had monsters in these rooms. It killed the vibe of the backrooms. We are more afraid of the void than a monster.

I don't like the noise they emit. I have to turn it down and I never kill them. I just run.

~~~~