Page 7 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:57 pm

arekks wrote:
I watched a bit of harder gameplay and I got that puzzle since...I am one of those Shakespeare nerds.. :oops:

I read MacBeth once in school. I spent a while trying to remember if it was 'McBeth' or 'MacBeth' so you can assume my memory of the play is pretty limited, lol. The later puzzles are evil and also not dependent on prior knowledge iirc

Macbeth is difficult to read for a lot of people, heck, so is any Shakespeare.

You will have done well to complete a puzzle in reference to Macbeth. If you are a Shakespeare nerd you must be good at English!

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2023, 11:28 pm

honeytoast wrote:
arekks wrote:

Out of the trilogy, Silent Hill 2 is my favorite. The ending made me SOB when Mary was reading the entire letter.

The fear of nothing is one of my favorite horror aspects too? If that makes sense. You do not know why you are scared, you cannot see beyond the void, you start to think of what could be in the shadows...and the music is BLARING. There is nothing. Your mind cannot comprehend ...space... It's like the backrooms if you have heard of them. You're wandering in an aimless, dimly lit office area. Nothing is there. It got popular and people created their own versions, and they had monsters in these rooms. It killed the vibe of the backrooms. We are more afraid of the void than a monster.

I don't like the noise they emit. I have to turn it down and I never kill them. I just run.

The letter read makes me cry every time and beyond that I'd say it's further proof of how good the VA direction was. The performances in that game as a whole feel like something which I rarely see in American media – characters speaking like actual human beings, imperfect phrasing and weird intonations under stress and all of that. (To be clear, I say "American media" because it's an American dub, obvs I know it's a Japanese game!)

I've HEARD of the backrooms. I don't really have any idea beyond that.

And yes, the implication of a thing is often much scarier than an actual thing. I can't totally explain it.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2023, 11:04 am

arekks wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
arekks wrote:

Out of the trilogy, Silent Hill 2 is my favorite. The ending made me SOB when Mary was reading the entire letter.

The fear of nothing is one of my favorite horror aspects too? If that makes sense. You do not know why you are scared, you cannot see beyond the void, you start to think of what could be in the shadows...and the music is BLARING. There is nothing. Your mind cannot comprehend ...space... It's like the backrooms if you have heard of them. You're wandering in an aimless, dimly lit office area. Nothing is there. It got popular and people created their own versions, and they had monsters in these rooms. It killed the vibe of the backrooms. We are more afraid of the void than a monster.

I don't like the noise they emit. I have to turn it down and I never kill them. I just run.

The letter read makes me cry every time and beyond that I'd say it's further proof of how good the VA direction was. The performances in that game as a whole feel like something which I rarely see in American media – characters speaking like actual human beings, imperfect phrasing and weird intonations under stress and all of that. (To be clear, I say "American media" because it's an American dub, obvs I know it's a Japanese game!)

I've HEARD of the backrooms. I don't really have any idea beyond that.

And yes, the implication of a thing is often much scarier than an actual thing. I can't totally explain it.

I believe I read somewhere (or just made it up in my mind) that the direction of the voice acting was inspired by David Lynch films, specifically Rabbits (2002). You can find the short film on youtube. Listen to how the actors deliver their lines.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2023, 2:06 am

honeytoast wrote:
I believe I read somewhere (or just made it up in my mind) that the direction of the voice acting was inspired by David Lynch films, specifically Rabbits (2002). You can find the short film on youtube. Listen to how the actors deliver their lines.

I should watch some Lynch films. I just have a really bad attention span that makes it hard to watch movies or TV shows... I did watch Jacob's Ladder though at one point and the inspiration is very obvious. The weird twitching monsters are clearly SH inspirations and the vague, dream-like continuity feels like it must have been a direct inspiration for SH1.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2023, 9:02 am

honeytoast wrote:

Probably. I know Lynch was a big influence on the Zelda series (starting with Link's Awakening, IIRC?).

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2023, 10:40 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Probably. I know Lynch was a big influence on the Zelda series (starting with Link's Awakening, IIRC?).

He also had an influence on the Rusty Lake series of games which is inspired by Twin Peaks.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2023, 5:07 pm

- I like to play in hard mode because if it's too easy, I'm afraid the game will end too quickly (I don’t think I am a good player or bad player, just average).
- I'm not able to play multiplayer because I have trouble coordinating with others and it tires me out.
- I'm the kind of idiot who's too purist about some games to try others.
- And yet, I played FFXVI because I found Clive Rosfield far too handsome (but only in his 33 years old) … but also for the fun of fighting. Too bad it was too easy, but I didn't do the NG+.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 1:30 pm

I'm not enjoying Tears of the Kingdom as much as I enjoyed Breath of the Wild and I don't know why because its basically the same game. Maybe that's why.

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2023, 2:43 pm

Yes of course that’s why. Same for me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 1:03 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I'm not enjoying Tears of the Kingdom as much as I enjoyed Breath of the Wild and I don't know why because its basically the same game. Maybe that's why.

It's not quite as *magical* as playing BotW for the first time was, but I am quite enjoying it. I like that it's basically a "Master Quest", but it will be difficult to go back to BotW now without all of the extra features and content they added to this new game.

I also like how it calls back to Wind Waker and Skyword Sword, but it is a heck of a lot sadder than the first game.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 8:46 pm

I finished Silent Hill 3, so my new gaming confession is that I did not enjoy it. :?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 10:59 pm

My confession: I'm not enjoying Tears of the Kingdom as much as I enjoyed Breath of the Wild. I've been playing Breath of the Wild for years, and I think I was just ready for a new world. Maybe I should've avoided playing Breath of the Wild this year, so the new game would feel fresher. I don't know. Maybe it's depression-related.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 11:00 pm

DuckHairback wrote:

I just now am seeing this comment after I posted mine saying the same thing.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 8:11 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Maybe I should've avoided playing Breath of the Wild this year, so the new game would feel fresher.

Yeah, Idunno. I haven't played BotW since I beat it ~80 hours after the DLCs came out.
After that, I went through and replayed all of the mainline game (a few for the very first time). I was partway through Hyrule Warriors 2 when I got TotK.
I was partway through Link's Awakening DX too, but I did beat the DMG version some time before that. I replay that one quite regularly.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 8:26 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
It's not quite as *magical* as playing BotW for the first time was

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Maybe I should've avoided playing Breath of the Wild this year, so the new game would feel fresher.

I think the one major thing they could have done to make it feel fresher would have been to change the soundtrack. I think that would have made a massive difference.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2023, 3:38 pm

I feel guilty if I make a decision as the governing body that benefits me as a driver.

The race I did at Chicagoland had serious timing issues (cars would randomly have laps not count). I don't have adequate information to correct the timing issues manually.

Both myself and the driver who's running second for the driver's championship were in wrecks and received no points, but a few of the other drivers in the top 10 had decent finishes.

If I include the race, several drivers who were screwed by timing irregularities won't receive the points they deserve.
If I exclude the race, my points lead will be more secure.

I also don't know why I worry about the logistical concerns when making a schedule.

The cars magically show up when I click 'start session'; it doesn't matter if the order the races are in makes sense from a travel perspective, the travel isn't real.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う