Page 5 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 4:41 am

I got all the way to the final boss(es) in Elden Ring and then gave up. Too hard and I'm too old to invest the time in getting good enough to beat them.

Last game I actually completed was probably Immortality.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 4:45 am

The last game I played that has an ending and I beat was Stray.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 9:34 pm

I won a 150 km race at Canyelles after qualifying fourth.

It was a wreckfest, the first third of the race was under caution, just playing follow the pace car at 80 km/h. I don't know if I want to do the 300 km race there, too many wrecks coming over the hill into turn one involving the pit exit wall.

I wish I could redesign the track and relocate the pit to the other side of the track and increase the runoff area for turn one. Maybe re-contour it to remove the big bump that makes your rear get loose (which ironically, causes your rear to clench).

It's a safety issue, virtual people might get badly injured... virtually. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 10:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It's a safety issue, virtual people might get badly injured... virtually. :nerdy:

People should be talking about virtual injuries to virtual people more. It just doesn't get enough attention.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 7:55 pm

Some matches as survivor in Dead by Daylight.

I'm getting better at not immediately getting repeatedly downed and killed. lmao

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 9:22 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

People should be talking about virtual injuries to virtual people more. It just doesn't get enough attention.

Exactly. :P

But seriously, the pace car keeps having to come out and it really interrupts the fun, not to mention the risk of getting collected by someone bouncing off the wall.

It does kinda hurt to watch 'em slam backwards into the pitwall at ~200 km/h though. You just know that would be a trip to the in-field care centre instead of a minor inconvenience. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2023, 9:27 am

I won at Portero after qualifying 21st; more than half of the race was under caution with the pace car because of the spinning and the crashing and the hoeven-glaven.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ryaanwilliiamss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2023, 4:02 am

The last Game I won is Call of Duty Modern Warefar 4 as I remember.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2023, 7:30 am

I won at Michigan, but I'm going to do it again with the difficulty turned up a little bit.

It was cool watching the two AI drivers start 38th and 39th respectively and work their ways up to 16th and 10th, unfortunately one blew her engine on lap 82 and the other on lap 84. I was looking forward to seeing if the one was actually going to compete for the lead with me.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2023, 9:42 am

Tears of the Kingdom

Still have a few side quests to find and complete, though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2023, 12:44 am

Ball hockey, 5 - 2.

I scored the third goal for our team, so that was the game-winner. First game back after my ankle got f****d up. My ankle is pretty sore right now, so it better be better by next Tuesday.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2023, 5:14 pm

Finished Tears of the Kingdom. The final boss fights were good fun, probably the most fun bit of the entire game and I was surprised to do it first attempt.

But I maintain that the game was a massive disappointment and though there hasn't yet been the backlash I expected, I still think that it won't be remembered as one of the better Zeldas.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 10:25 am

DuckHairback wrote:
The final boss fights were good fun, probably the most fun bit of the entire game and I was surprised to do it first attempt.

I thought it was too easy, but the story was good.

DuckHairback wrote:
But I maintain that the game was a massive disappointment and though there hasn't yet been the backlash I expected, I still think that it won't be remembered as one of the better Zeldas.

Dunno, I wasn't too terribly disappointed. I wanted more BotW, and that's what we got. MUCH less disappointing than the BotW DLCs.
To me, it feels like the B quest, like what the original LoZ did. I think if they could blend BotW and TotK together into one game, it would be just about perfect.

My only big disappointment: I feel like all of the extra vehicles, faster fast travel, and QoL improvements made it a lot easier to skip most of the exploration and just zoom straight to the goals. That was where a lot of the magic from the first game was.
But part of that might've been my fault as well...and I can't exactly spend every non-work hour wandering around the game like I could when the first one came out.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 10:28 am

got some CPU vs mode wins in Touhou 19, on Lunatic difficulty. Last full game I beat (if we take beat/win to mean completing the main route) was Touhou 16 on easy mode

Ben Dee
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Oct 2023, 7:52 pm

I won two Soul Survivor games back to back last night on Hunt Showdown which was super cathartic after the bad week I've had on that game.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2023, 5:57 pm

I won the 150 km race at Watkins Glen.
Now comes the 300 km race.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う