Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MsJustice
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2023, 8:33 pm

Hey! I am interested in playing D&D but have no real-life acquaintances with that interest, and I haven't had success randomly trying to join groups on places like Roll20. Anyone out there a DM or a player in a group looking for more members? Any suggestions on where to find places that aren't pay-to-play? Thanks in advance!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:02 pm

I'm also in this boat, metaphorically speaking. :nerdy:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:45 pm

D&D, GURPS, Traveller, and several others.  I am now living on a farm in rural Philippines.  There are no game stores nearby, so finding gamers is nearly impossible.  A few of the nephews/nieces have expressed interest but they are all 40 km away.  Bummer.

:(

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2023, 7:09 am

Why not set our own one up through discord and roll20? It might be an idea.

If you guys are interested I could set one up, but I warn you I'm a terrible DM :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 6:00 pm

On-line RPGs have always been a disappointment to me.  Players filing late, arguments over who did what when, arguments over the rules, players trying to control other players' characters, players who forget their passwords, et cetera.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 6:06 pm

amykitten wrote:
I'm a terrible DM :lol:

You must be thinking of a different kind of dungeon. :lol: :lmao:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 6:09 pm

I've never played D&D, sadly.

In middle school I've borrowed a paperback dungeon crawler, the kind you play with paper and pencil to manage your inventory, and flip pages to simulate a dice roll. It was fun... That was a long time ago.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 9:50 am

I've thought about it, but I would feel pretty awkward playing with people I don't know.
I have enough trouble going on mic/cam with people I do know... :oops:

If I can find some free time, I'd like to try teaching AI chat bots to play, and see what happens... O_O
I've had some pretty neat experiences just role playing with them without any rules. I feel like they'd have some trouble following a lot of the rules, though, and I'd have to do a lot of that part of the game for them.