Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2008, 7:18 pm

oh I meant Roleplaying game, like D&D, all flesh must be eaten? d20 modern? rifts? I'm a video game addict too!

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 7:26 pm

Cadzie wrote:
oh I meant Roleplaying game, like D&D, all flesh must be eaten? d20 modern? rifts? I'm a video game addict too!

RIFTS! FTW!! !
I eat Glitterboys for breakfast?

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 9:29 pm

I like zombie elephants. :D

PaperCrusade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2008, 6:13 am

Can't check thelinkfor that Exterminus game now, at work at the mo, but the idea sounds awesome.

I am bordering on obsessed with zombie movies and books, but I haven't really yet found a good zombie game (I think maybe because the unparalleled joy of combining my two favourite interests would cause my head to explode!).

Resident Evil was killed for me by horrible controls, and number 4 was a bit too monster heavy for my liking. There were a few games which looked great but never quite made it (because the world hates me, apparently):

George A. Romero's City of the Dead - a first-person shooter with heavy involvement by GAR himself. My reviewer friend played a demo at E3 a few years back and said it was really good, but the publisher went bust and the developer (Kuju, may they burn in hell) dropped it

Possession - a third person strategy game which had you slowly overrunning a city with a growing army of the dead - your very own zombie apocalypse. Also on "indefinite hold" now :(

On the plus side, Left4Dead is being released by Valve in a few months, and it looks awesome - zombies versus humans. Too bad they run.

Please, if anyone can guide me to a good zombie game I will be forever indebted to you... (I'll have a look into that tabletop game, sounds good...)

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 1:41 pm

I don't. They scare the bejeezes out of me. 8O

shaggydaddy
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2008, 4:29 pm

I would love a single player game the scale and quality of Grand Theft Auto 3+ with Zombies.

I am painfully addicted to "survival horror" and Zombies, and being the lone survivor who is fighting a horde of slow moving zombies is my idea of an awesome game/book/movie. I also absolutly adore "city" settings for action games. Give me the streets of L.A. over the fields of Azuroth any day.

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2008, 5:10 pm

Yeah zombies are cool. I hope that exanimus game is good. I like that part on the simpsons where fladers turns into a zombie, and homer shoots him, then bart says "you just killed the zombie flanders!", then homer says "he was a zombie?" :lol:

PaperCrusade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2008, 6:24 am

Shaggydaddy, you just described my dream game.

Now if only somebody would make it....

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 12:37 pm

Have any of you played Dead Rising on the 360?

Its like Dawn of the Dead crossed with GTA and I love it.

PaperCrusade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Feb 2008, 2:47 am

I played Dead Rising, and although it was fun, it gets very repetitive quickly. I really like the GTA concept, in fact I spent ages trying to figure out if there would be a way to mod San Andreas to turn the pedestrians into zombies.

Dead Rising is just too much of a bash-em-up for me, and I prefer the whole gradual-collapse-of-civilization which most zombie games seem to ignore. It's always just you and the zombies, but I want to play the rest. Like I said before, looks like I'll just have to make my own. Watch this space.

PaperCrusade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2008, 9:58 am

The Exanimus game looks great, but the development time is beginning to worry me. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but publishers shy away from horror games (I don't know why - maybe they are hard to market?) and I can see Exanimus going the way of City of the Dead (I still cry myself to sleep at night thinking about that).

Lets hope the success of Dead Rising, and hopefully Left4Dead can change their minds and bring back the dead.